GMTenRing

GameMaster: USA
GMTenRing
PostedDec 10, 2012 4:39 pm   Last edited by GMTenRing on Dec 13, 2012 5:50 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Costume Alchemy Guide

Up to +12 on all stats!!
Would you like to add cool bonuses to your gear? Now is your chance with our new Costume Alchemy System!

• Before we get started please note Costume Alchemy stat upgrades are completely random!

Also, +5 and +8 GM Enchants WILL BE OVERRIDDEN IF YOU use them in this system. Please do so at your OWN DISCRETION.

• Go to any Alchemist. I prefer Banight in Kaslow (254 267) because he doesn't call me an old curmudgeon

• To upgrade any costume, you need at least 3 Magic Alchemy Pieces. Two-handed pieces require 6 Magic Alchemy Pieces.

• Magic Alchemy Pieces will be available in the Limited Quantity Item Mall, future promotions and Alchemy table

• Click on the Alchemist and select "Perform Costume Alchemy"

• Only permanent costumes that say "Genki Costume Alchemy" or "Can be used for Costume Alchemy" can be used

• If you are upgrading a "Genki Costume Alchemy" piece you can only use "Genki Costume Alchemy" pieces as your support items.

• If you are upgrading a "Can be used for Costume Alchemy" piece you can only use "Can be used for Costume Alchemy" pieces as your support items.

• Place the costume you want to upgrade in the "Primary Costume Equipment Slot"

• Put your Alchemy Pieces in the "Alchemy Piece Slot". Notice all of the available stat bonuses appear in the "Available Attributes" column

• Fill up the "Supporting Equipment Slot" spaces with costume pieces that go into the same slot when equipped (head, back, body, etc)

• Note: The "Supporting Equipment Slot" costumes WILL be consumed to upgrade the costume in the "Primary Equipment Slot"!

• Click "OK" to consume the Support costumes and Magic Alchemy Pieces and "Alakazam!" the Primary costume will be upgraded!

Additional Notes

• Costume Alchemy does not fail

• There are two colors of upgrades: White and Green. Green upgrades provide stronger bonuses

• Every time Costume Alchemy is performed there is a chance the costume will upgrade to the next color: White to Green.

• Temporary and non-tradeable costumes cannot be upgraded

• Once a costume is upgraded to green, it will require two green Support costumes to re-roll the stat. It will not revert to a white stat.

• At this time there is a slim chance an item that has already gone through the Costume Alchemy process that is entered again may get identical stats to the ones it previously had.
Advertisement

dx0520

Rank 3
PostedDec 11, 2012 1:03 am
I hope you guys know that this will mess with the economy...instantaneously...

Though admittedly, the developers really helped you guys with potentially new revenue surges. Time will tell how this region's players will adapt to it.

Edit: Further merging vanities with PvP/PvE...quite genius really. Whether it's a good thing?

Personally, I'm indifferent.

ShrimpTeriyaki

Rank 1
ShrimpTeriyaki
PostedDec 11, 2012 1:28 am
it's a good idea to add stats/power-up for pvp minded players but on the other hand this will most likely create yet another huge gap for AP Spenders and the non-AP spenders. yes, it will create revenues for the company but this might be another reason for players to leave the game completely.

PS: i personally don't care.

why so serious?

Fieryzz

Rank 1
Fieryzz
PostedDec 11, 2012 1:49 am
It's a great concept... But random stats? I honestly think if someone is to waste two costume pieces on a slight stat bonus, they should get to choose which one rather than it being something that doesn't apply to their character in the slightest. I guess I'm quite lucky that I actually got something somewhat useful to me. But oh well. Huge gold sink I guess.

hugasaga

Rank 1
hugasaga
PostedDec 11, 2012 1:52 am   Last edited by hugasaga on Dec 11, 2012 1:56 am. Edited 1 time in total
!

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedDec 11, 2012 1:54 am
Yes! Now I can win costumes from M clay and blow them trying to make the one I have better! >.<

ljns

Rank 0
PostedDec 11, 2012 2:32 am
special costumes not the ones i have. That means most players all ready got screwed.

anotherrandom12

Rank 0
anotherrandom12
PostedDec 11, 2012 2:41 am
Err does that mean if you get VIT +20 green costume and then use a Super GM enchant you will get +36 VIT?

wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedDec 11, 2012 2:47 am
How does this impact GM Enchanted items?
If i have a +16 Super Enchanted item and I do this will I loose my GM Enchant, or will it add a bonus on top of that?

Economist_X

Rank 3
Economist_X
PostedDec 11, 2012 3:53 am
wizardmerlin wrote:
How does this impact GM Enchanted items?
If i have a +16 Super Enchanted item and I do this will I loose my GM Enchant, or will it add a bonus on top of that?  

You actually can't alch blue items(which all the super GM enchant'd items are). So you wouldn't get anything out of it other than an error.

Meanwhile with +8 items, you can alch them since they're green stat, but it'll reroll the stat entirely(meaning you will lose it).

Oh, something I noticed now that I didn't notice earlier - there's two classes of items available for enchant.
One is the in-game ones(that I think just lists costume alchemy usable or something), and then there's IM costumes that have the genki costume alchemy tagline.
In order to enchant the in-game items, you'll need 3 of the compatible type of costumes to toss into the fire(as opposed to the two that's required for IM alch'able items).