dirtyknees1

Rank 0
dirtyknees1
PostedDec 16, 2012 6:39 am
Going to wait for the real thing to start before I play DKO again.
Seems that stress don't like me much. Can only create a character and log in.
Trying to set it up just right doesn't work at all past changing the screen size once.
Advertisement

FernandoVD

Rank 0
PostedDec 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Paladin Class and other Stuff

I didnīt have those issues
Dude, I have played with paladin quite long and it seems that you have made some mistakes on the way you should play with this class. In my opinion the most consuming MP ability is the Stregth of the Gods, the healing one, on lvl 3 it consumes more than 100 MP but you only use it for extreme cases since it heals a lot, you can say it heals you to the fullest in the lower levels. I didnīt have any issue on levels 1-10, maybe its just gameplay style. You see when you battle using a Paladin you do not use skill after skill, since you have a high HP you can just use two skill in the battle against a normal Mob, maybe more if it is a strong one and just let the normal blows flow, however there is a skill (dont remember the name) that raises you MP, so train it and you get more MP to use. His attack is not so low actually, it didnīt seem like that to me at least. If you should keep his STR high while training defensive skills you will lack some cool attacking skill the paladin has. But if you balance the STR and the CON, you will have an open margin to train any skill you want, because of the increase of the HP.
About the sitting function, i can only agree half way. Yes, there should be that function, I needed it several times, but your missing the fact that the HP and MP regeneration rate is always active, even if you are in battle, its not fast enough to make the game to easy, but it is so slow it does not count as a recovery function.
Hope i helped

fidelisgigih

Rank 0
PostedDec 17, 2012 6:59 am
blackdragon214 wrote:
waaaahhhh what did you guys do to this game
Paladin is a tank class and you guys nerfed it so much it's unable to tank even one mob great job
not even OB and this game is already messed up  

are you kididng? did you go full wis???? I used paladin and I'm okay with the nerf, what did you do to your paladin???

MalchikGay01

Rank 0
MalchikGay01
PostedDec 17, 2012 8:04 am
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem as I am but every time I exit the game I am stuck with a black screen until I have to do crtl+alt+delete and forcefully end the program.

000Ace000

Rank 0
000Ace000
PostedDec 17, 2012 11:10 am

Re: Paladin Class and other Stuff

FernandoVD wrote:
Dude, I have played with paladin quite long and it seems that you have made some mistakes on the way you should play with this class. In my opinion the most consuming MP ability is the Stregth of the Gods, the healing one, on lvl 3 it consumes more than 100 MP but you only use it for extreme cases since it heals a lot, you can say it heals you to the fullest in the lower levels. I didnīt have any issue on levels 1-10, maybe its just gameplay style. You see when you battle using a Paladin you do not use skill after skill, since you have a high HP you can just use two skill in the battle against a normal Mob, maybe more if it is a strong one and just let the normal blows flow, however there is a skill (dont remember the name) that raises you MP, so train it and you get more MP to use. His attack is not so low actually, it didnīt seem like that to me at least. If you should keep his STR high while training defensive skills you will lack some cool attacking skill the paladin has. But if you balance the STR and the CON, you will have an open margin to train any skill you want, because of the increase of the HP.
About the sitting function, i can only agree half way. Yes, there should be that function, I needed it several times, but your missing the fact that the HP and MP regeneration rate is always active, even if you are in battle, its not fast enough to make the game to easy, but it is so slow it does not count as a recovery function.
Hope i helped  

well first of all, thanks for the reply ^^ i just noticed that i didn't post in the right Thread so i actually wasn't expecting some.

and actually i played my paladin mostly as you discribed, and even if i called it "struggle" its not like i couldnt play it or something. (i actually died only 2 times till lvl 20 mostly because of bad luck, like 5 hyenas spawning on me -_-)
I for example skilled heal over time, as my hp were going up. (had lvl 3 by lvl 17 i think)
And just stoped going for the left tree, as I saw how smal the damage of the atack skills was compared to the long animations they have, or what little use they were. Take the Stun for example. I was really hoping for something, when i saw that ir stuns 100%, but what about the duration? the stuns wears pretty much off till the animation of the skill is over -_-.
So i hoped i could at least use it to interuppt mobs cast or something, but the casting mobs o fought so far, cast way faster then i could use the skill ...

My comment is more like a comparison to other games, where the first lvls are just breeze, since its more like a tutorial. I mean the lvl cap for this game is ONLY 35 in the beta, which is a mid lvl at most. so If the caps is going to be 60 or 70 one day it would be quite odd if it takes you several weeks just to reach a mid lvl while in most other games you need like one or two days. (btw I'm talking about NORMAL playtime here, which in my opinion is 2 hours a day MAX, so I dont wanna hear people brag about geting to lvl 35 here in one or two days, since they most likely played all day lomg -_-)

ALso it was my first time playing a pala, so i most likely did some mistakes with the skills and stats, but i also dont think i messed him up.

In the end its mostly about individual gameplay of course. And its just that i would prefer killing mobs faster even if they are not actually weak (like more str and skills, but less def and hp) this way it would still be a challange, but would not take forever.

As for the sitting option, its pretty much just as you said. its only to shorten the resting times outside of battle, which after reading some posts here increased a lot due to harder mobs.

FernandoVD

Rank 0
PostedDec 17, 2012 5:18 pm

000Ace000 wrote:
FernandoVD wrote:
Hope i helped  

well first of all, thanks for the reply ^^ i just noticed that i didn't post in the right Thread so i actually wasn't expecting some.

and actually i played my paladin mostly as you discribed, and even if i called it "struggle" its not like i couldnt play it or something. (i actually died only 2 times till lvl 20 mostly because of bad luck, like 5 hyenas spawning on me -_-)
I for example skilled heal over time, as my hp were going up. (had lvl 3 by lvl 17 i think)
And just stoped going for the left tree, as I saw how smal the damage of the atack skills was compared to the long animations they have, or what little use they were. Take the Stun for example. I was really hoping for something, when i saw that ir stuns 100%, but what about the duration? the stuns wears pretty much off till the animation of the skill is over -_-.
So i hoped i could at least use it to interuppt mobs cast or something, but the casting mobs o fought so far, cast way faster then i could use the skill ...

My comment is more like a comparison to other games, where the first lvls are just breeze, since its more like a tutorial. I mean the lvl cap for this game is ONLY 35 in the beta, which is a mid lvl at most. so If the caps is going to be 60 or 70 one day it would be quite odd if it takes you several weeks just to reach a mid lvl while in most other games you need like one or two days. (btw I'm talking about NORMAL playtime here, which in my opinion is 2 hours a day MAX, so I dont wanna hear people brag about geting to lvl 35 here in one or two days, since they most likely played all day lomg -_-)

ALso it was my first time playing a pala, so i most likely did some mistakes with the skills and stats, but i also dont think i messed him up.

In the end its mostly about individual gameplay of course. And its just that i would prefer killing mobs faster even if they are not actually weak (like more str and skills, but less def and hp) this way it would still be a challange, but would not take forever.

As for the sitting option, its pretty much just as you said. its only to shorten the resting times outside of battle, which after reading some posts here increased a lot due to harder mobs.  

Hi, I totally agree with you about the Stun time, it is practicaly nothing. But i actually enjoyed the mobs being harden than usual, it made me think more. In other games i was just like "so skill here, potion here, not a big deal" but this game forced me to improved my strategy. I only died once, but because i was reckless. And i did manage to stop a mob cast, its all on the timing. And this also was my first Paladin, well sort of, I always look forward for high HP. It took me about a two days to finally understand how to play with this class.

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedDec 17, 2012 8:51 pm

000Ace000 wrote:
(btw I'm talking about NORMAL playtime here, which in my opinion is 2 hours a day MAX, so I dont wanna hear people brag about geting to lvl 35 here in one or two days, since they most likely played all day lomg -_-)mobs.  

2 hours is not normal 4 to 5 is normal/casual

I dont know what MMORPG out there you play but 2 hours max is pointless mmo's are designed to be massive time sinks typically only rewarding players who invest the time to be good. Cash shop will take you far, but on 2 hours you will forever dwell in mediocrity you're better off just playing single player games that are more pick up and go.

Honestly i would prefer the grind take at least 2 months and that's playing 9 hours a day 13-15 on the weekend.

blad31980

Rank 0
PostedDec 17, 2012 10:44 pm
dang it i miss out on the beta testing,dam work.

M4lightning

Rank 0
M4lightning
PostedDec 18, 2012 9:56 am
Already got to lvl 20 and I want to play for real Sad

000Ace000

Rank 0
000Ace000
PostedDec 18, 2012 10:45 am

Sehlyet wrote:
000Ace000 wrote:
(btw I'm talking about NORMAL playtime here, which in my opinion is 2 hours a day MAX, so I dont wanna hear people brag about geting to lvl 35 here in one or two days, since they most likely played all day lomg -_-)mobs.  

2 hours is not normal 4 to 5 is normal/casual

I dont know what MMORPG out there you play but 2 hours max is pointless mmo's are designed to be massive time sinks typically only rewarding players who invest the time to be good. Cash shop will take you far, but on 2 hours you will forever dwell in mediocrity you're better off just playing single player games that are more pick up and go.

Honestly i would prefer the grind take at least 2 months and that's playing 9 hours a day 13-15 on the weekend.  

Well, really no point, arguing here. If thats what you think, youre free to do so, as I am.
I wrote this line mostly for comparing issues, and to remind, that daily playtime is a important factor in the acchievment of a certain goal.
If someone, in some way feels offended by this line, its pretty much bad luck, as this wasn't my intention.