CanisJager

Rank 2
CanisJager
PostedDec 17, 2012 7:43 pm
[quote="Qlander"]
imZhao wrote:

No they can't do that, as it would break several trade laws since 1) the GM's have been made aware of an exploit??? (if it is one) and 2) have not acted on it or told players about it in the exploit thread??

It it is an exploit then the purchaser is not exploiting, its the seller or another of the sellers toons/accounts that are. Until the GMs post it as an exploit, its not officially one since no-one can prove it. The receiver has no way of knowing its a duped or hacked item. if anything the trade should be reversed.

Bannable via exploit is where one knowingly exploits the game. The seller/maker of hacked items is the one that should be banned since they are exploiting, the receiver is not exploiting at all (unless it can be proven they are colluding with each other through a temp trade account, etc).

But is this a verified exploit? or just April fools? If its a valid exploit then report it, let the GM's investigate it, and post it as such. The GM's can trace back trades, follow Ops, etc. since its clear they are using a trade toon....  

I had a merchant toon banned a while back, all because the seller I bought from had sold me some hacked and duped items. I still have the emails and everything, telling me that my account had been banned since the items were on there.

Advertisement

greenlime101

Rank 1
greenlime101
PostedDec 17, 2012 7:59 pm
Soooo. What is a death lapis??O__O

Posted By Aeria Mobile

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedDec 17, 2012 8:13 pm
[quote="CanisJager"]
Qlander wrote:
imZhao wrote:

No they can't do that, as it would break several trade laws since 1) the GM's have been made aware of an exploit??? (if it is one) and 2) have not acted on it or told players about it in the exploit thread??

It it is an exploit then the purchaser is not exploiting, its the seller or another of the sellers toons/accounts that are. Until the GMs post it as an exploit, its not officially one since no-one can prove it. The receiver has no way of knowing its a duped or hacked item. if anything the trade should be reversed.

Bannable via exploit is where one knowingly exploits the game. The seller/maker of hacked items is the one that should be banned since they are exploiting, the receiver is not exploiting at all (unless it can be proven they are colluding with each other through a temp trade account, etc).

But is this a verified exploit? or just April fools? If its a valid exploit then report it, let the GM's investigate it, and post it as such. The GM's can trace back trades, follow Ops, etc. since its clear they are using a trade toon....  

I had a merchant toon banned a while back, all because the seller I bought from had sold me some hacked and duped items. I still have the emails and everything, telling me that my account had been banned since the items were on there.  

Send in a ban appeal, if they told you that they wouldn't listen to any more reply's they are lying, a friend of mine was able to file another ticket bout it and get his account back for something. BTW make sure to sound angry in your appeal but also sound sorry and regretful.

Say : HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW I BOUGHT A DUPED ITEM in caps and say stuff like I'm very sorry after all this time i would like to see Canyons of Greed with that toon, Ive Spent so much on AP AND YOU ALL THINK YOU CAN TAKE IT AWAY LIKE THAT FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T EVEN DO, sound emotionally distraught with your emails. Finish with a line like, I would really feel blessed if i could have my account back for this Christmas. Try to Kiss up but stand up for yourself aswell and sound angry. Try to have a few lines of you saying something like how long you've been playing!

If the account didn't mean much to you then don't take my advice because its not worth all the senseless effort to convince them your sorry and/or deserve a second chance for something that was/wasn't your fault.

I've Quite, and Have no plans on returning! さよなら。

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedDec 17, 2012 8:13 pm
greenlime101 wrote:
Soooo. What is a death lapis??O__O  

An old debuff lapis that was removed, it did the same thing as death touch!

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedDec 17, 2012 8:15 pm
The Pagan/Mage Death touch, not the Sin/Ranger Death touch!

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedDec 18, 2012 5:48 am
billdoor wrote:
Shaiya EN is currently about as secure to duping/injection as a tissue paper bridge is likely to carry cars in the rain.

Sighborg, Render, Tactics - it's about time to come clean about the situation of Shaiya EN. The evidence about how bad the duping has got is out there for anyone with half a brain to get hold of. The longer you keep hushing it up, in spite of more and more people becoming aware of the extent the game has been compromised, the lower the trust in Aeria as the host of the game will sink. You are now at a stage where honesty still might stir some sympathy and solidarity among your remaining loyal customers. Wait much longer, and you will not even get that anymore.

You know...back in the day you used to be informed by some of your GSes (I was not one of them) in order to keep abreast with the threats to the game. The Shaiya team did their best to alienate these GSes in spite of their long term services to keep the game secure. I am not saying these GSes were the only reason why Shaiya was at least slightly more secure before, but since they left the team, their contribution appear to be sorely missed. Way to go on wasting the best non-cost resource you ever had.

3-4 years ago (before I was part of it, mind you), the strength of the Shaiya GS team was something that made Aeria stand apart. It was loaded with players who volunteered their competence not just for the community, but also for Aeria. Today, that last bit has all gone to rot.

Several GSes and players have remained loyal to Aeria because through being the LEGAL distributor of the game, that puts Aeria among the good guys by default. Legal = good. The trouble is, the legal distributor has grown increasingly more insular and impervious to input from the people who have actively sought to help the company and protect the community from the illegal operators that have sought to harm Shaiya EN. These people are STILL loyal to Aeria, but now ONLY through the fact that they are the LEGAL distributors. Before, in the mists of 2007/2008, it was also because the company obviously encouraged this sort of interaction with its volunteers.

I have to hand it to you, Aeria. Given where you were when I signed up for Shaiya, you have done an amazing job of systematically ruining the things that made you stand apart. I wonder what the next bullet you are going to aim at your feet will be loaded with.  
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Its times like this we need ol Dajess back... But then again, being the smart guy he was, he got out before s*** hit the fan.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

QQnKeepPlayin

Rank 0
PostedDec 19, 2012 8:17 am
Ok guys, thx for all the useless QQing

You can go back to buying/spending more AP and playing again Laughing

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedDec 19, 2012 10:00 am
QQnKeepPlayin wrote:

You can go back to buying/spending more AP and playing again

Sincerely,
Team Aeria

Fixed.

cnctina2

Rank 3
cnctina2
PostedDec 19, 2012 10:15 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
QQnKeepPlayin wrote:

You can go back to buying/spending more AP and playing again

Sincerely,
Team Aeria

Fixed.  

Laughing

Rock1tt

Rank 1
Rock1tt
PostedDec 20, 2012 4:50 am
A couple of questions:

As we are unable to tell whether an item purchased in-game has been duped/injected, does the duped item have the same effect as the original item?

For instance....a Lucky Charm bought off AH, would this work in the same way ie "Not" break your gear on a failed link?

Any Lapis bought through trade, again impossible to tell if real or not, would the % to link still be the same, or are we buying something that simply looks like the original?

I want to know as i buy AP, and also AP items off AH and through trade as and when i need them or the time arises.

If i use my OP's to link something bought in-game am i wasting OP's, or is there no difference?