Spooky999

Rank 2
Spooky999
PostedDec 11, 2012 9:33 am
grieverblade wrote:
Qlander wrote:
imZhao wrote:
No reply from GM on this thread or anywhere about the surplus of all these lapis.

I found out where their concern lies - shocking Rolling Eyes

GMTurlas wrote:
If we cannot verify that an item came from the item mall, than we are not going to redeem it. If you had purchased it yourself, then you'd have a true grievance. However, you bought it from another player, who could have duped or inserted it for all we know. Again, if we can't verify where it came from, we won't touch it.  

So, char revive purchased from another player = possibly duped.

Pain 7's bought in stacks and sold 10 op each on trade = no response from GM. Rolling Eyes  

That's regarding redeeming placeholders, if they can't verify the webmall purchase they wont redeem it. If these items have been duped, report them in a ticket with some leads for investigation.

TwigIsaLoser wrote:
ofc if you buy a duped or hacked lapis/placeholder then its likely that you will be the one banned. ...  

No they can't do that, as it would break several trade laws since 1) the GM's have been made aware of an exploit??? (if it is one) and 2) have not acted on it or told players about it in the exploit thread??

It it is an exploit then the purchaser is not exploiting, its the seller or another of the sellers toons/accounts that are. Until the GMs post it as an exploit, its not officially one since no-one can prove it. The receiver has no way of knowing its a duped or hacked item. if anything the trade should be reversed.

Bannable via exploit is where one knowingly exploits the game. The seller/maker of hacked items is the one that should be banned since they are exploiting, the receiver is not exploiting at all (unless it can be proven they are colluding with each other through a temp trade account, etc).

But is this a verified exploit? or just April fools? If its a valid exploit then report it, let the GM's investigate it, and post it as such. The GM's can trace back trades, follow Ops, etc. since its clear they are using a trade toon....  

I agree. However in the meantime, I really hope the GM does grant this person their character revival. It is not the buyer's fault the item was not legitimate and he/she shouldn't be punished for this matter that really, it's Aeria's fault of.  

im having this exact problem with a character revival ticket i bought in TC it sucks
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 11, 2012 10:19 am
PSycho261 wrote:
I just read some "opinions" posted before and I'm really shocked. If there is an code vulnerability exploited by someone, i don't understand why people that bought some items in this period could be banned. For what reason??
Prices in market are not always straight, fixed, constraint by a game rule or implemented software tool... As in real economy .. the price represents the ratio of offer and demand. I believed that lvl 7+, debuff lapises prices are down because of interest decreasing of mass players in pvp higher zones... Some of arguments presented sustain something else. My natural question is ....IT'S a RISK to PLAY Shaiya in this moment?? Innocent People could be punished, instead of real "attackers" just because it's simply to find counterfeit item "final" possessor??? I thought that Game SECURITY is the main priority for service distributors.  

Again,

Rekikyo wrote:
AGE exercises an expectation with customers of due diligence in their trades.

AGE will not refund trade scams, because tbh when someone gets scammed, it is mostly their fault for not being cautious.

Likewise, They expect players to know when someone is creating a shady deal. When someone spams WTS Pain 7 10 OP, WTS Swift 17 OP, which are heavily under the market of a legit player (the legit players right now would be trying to HOLD their Pain 7's, because they were expecting 40 OP, not 10), They expect players to be wary of buying those items.

In other words, most buyers of duped items are fully aware of what they are buying. But like alot of people in this thread, they rationalize that "once it's linked, I'll be okay," or "It's cheaper than the legit ones." In other words, "Guilty."

I know there are a few who may have sold at legit prices, and therefore the buyer might not have known, but for instance with your Max Flash example, there is absolutely no leeway for player stupidity. We KNOW that one's a hack, because only 2 exist, and people do not unlink them before selling them.

I speak from experience. I lost my GS tags because I was touched by a scammer. No I wasn't a conscious participator, but all the same, Ultimate item pockets cost me a job I loved to do. http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=5149897#5149897  

I went to AoL, where alot of these injected items are originating, and within 20 minutes of TC I could tell exactly who was selling injected Debuffs. It's not rocket science. 3 Names posting the exact same sales at highly discounted prices, and even the names all sounded like the same person. Furthermore, they weren't names of reputable players, but rather names with numbers, that all typed the same.

@ Ninnachael:

The combination system was designed for ALL servers, as a game general patch. However, due to concern over EN's max OJ's AGE North America, decided not to implement the parts of the patch that are visible to player interaction (The Blacksmith that does it). If you go AH, and look at the Accessory merchant there, the items you need to combine rec runes are sold there (glitched, because the system's only partially integrated).

The ONLY item that has been custom designed for any specific server, is 70 AP gear. Everything else has been originally meant for every server. (70 AP gear even shows in its flavor text that it was made specifically for AGE - probably as a Choi Rock joke).

kappa808

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
kappa808
PostedDec 11, 2012 11:25 am
glapfir wrote:
It`s aeria`s responsabilty to make sure that the game code is secure.
It`s aeria`s responsability to protect their customers and ensure that counterfeit products are not being sold on their servers.

A customer who has been ripped off and victimized by a counterfeiter on aeria`s servers is not to be blame for the poor game code security. The customers are not provided with any in game tools to detect counterfeit items.Aeria`s policy of revictimizing a customer who is a victim of counterfeiters, and poor code security, isn`t going to win them many fans or loyal customers.

I guess fixing the exploit and tracking down the counterfeiters is too time consuming and takes time away from doing GM enchants and making money, it`s easier and cheaper to just punish the victims.

Basically every time you buy anything from the AH or from another player you are putting your account in jeopardy of being banned.
Why would anyone buy anything in this game and risk their account knowing that they will be blamed and banned if the item they buy turns out to be counterfeit?

Aeria? STOP victimizing your customers for your lack of server security!  

To be politically correct; it isn't Aeria Game's responsibility that the game coding is secure. That responisbility lies in the developers of this game. It is Nexxon that is at fault. Aeria is nothing more then a caretaker of a flawed game. You know this, Aeria knows this, heck the whole planet who knows Shaiya US knows this (by reading the reviews). Nexxon and their half witted programers need to ensure that the product that are being leased/sold to management companies is 100% secure and fully functional across the globe (not just in Korea for their own native players).

All exploits in the game; to obvious game glitches, you name it, if it looks funky in game; it's not Aeria Games that is to be blamed, it's Nexxon that needs to address that. A lot of server lag/DC's etc. . . that affects the server is a byproduct of these flawed codes. Fix that then the server will run without any problems. I empathize with AGE and quite frankly impressed that they would continue to do business with such a company that truly don't care about their clients (AGE) and their client's customers (us).

Regarding doing trades with an obviously shady deal. I completely agree with Amaranth. Simply don't do it. If it looks too good to be true then chances are you will get burned if you buy into that. Simple as that.

Max Flash Lapis for sale? When it's common knowledge that only a rediculously small amount of truly legit versions of those are in game (maybe 1 or 2) = if you touch that then you're susceptible to the consequenses. Same applies to Pain's and any other rare lapis. BUYER BEWARE.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedDec 11, 2012 2:48 pm
While Rek does have a point (yea i said it) this does not mean that even if the player does think its shady they won't go for it.

"20 ops for a pain 7, great deal, Aeria will never know so h3ll, im safe" /buys.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedDec 11, 2012 3:50 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
While Rek does have a point (yea i said it) this does not mean that even if the player does think its shady they won't go for it.

"20 ops for a pain 7, great deal, Aeria will never know so h3ll, im safe" /buys.  
But does that mean the player is in the right and doesn't deserve punishment. I mean if my child does something she knows is wrong I will punish her even if she assumed I would never find out. If she does something wrong without knowing it is wrong I will instruct rather then punish. ((And I am one of those people holding on to a few legit pain 7s to sell once this mess is cleaned up))

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedDec 11, 2012 3:54 pm
Chan375 wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

But does that mean the player is in the right and doesn't deserve punishment. I mean if my child does something she knows is wrong I will punish her even if she assumed I would never find out. If she does something wrong without knowing it is wrong I will instruct rather then punish. ((And I am one of those people holding on to a few legit pain 7s to sell once this mess is cleaned up))  

I'd stop holding on to them.

This mess isn't going away Smile

Lando_

Rank 2
PostedDec 11, 2012 5:22 pm
Someone let me know when the Shaiya firesale is happening. I need to set my alarm

Shaiya = Facebook with graphics

69Sephiroth

Rank 3
69Sephiroth
PostedDec 11, 2012 5:55 pm
Hackers and Dupers runing around ...

80 UM War

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedDec 12, 2012 2:57 pm
Chan375 wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

How would Aeria know?

Only the duper and the buyer know its not legit, if that, possibly just the duper.

Neither one will report the other since they both lose out.

This game is every man for himself, if you found a bottomless money pit you would keep it to yourself aswell. This is what people are doing.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedDec 12, 2012 6:44 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
Chan375 wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

How would Aeria know?

Only the duper and the buyer know its not legit, if that, possibly just the duper.

Neither one will report the other since they both lose out.

This game is every man for himself, if you found a bottomless money pit you would keep it to yourself aswell. This is what people are doing.  
Actually. I am an honest person so I would not. I honestly doubt age will bother to find out if people deserve punishment or not, they will either let it all slide or presume guilt with or without reason, they are good at both. However that doesn't make it right does it? They could take the time to check the history of the deal if they chose to. *smiles* my answer was not based on AGE, but rather what honest morals would say. Morally speaking, people who did knowingly buy illegitimate items deserve punishment, however those who bought innocently do not.