A5sas51n

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 10:48 am

How big is Lime Odyssey World

Hello all,

I am just curious about the map of lime Odyssey, How big is it. What i mean is are there any teleporter from one region to another, or its open world and portals only in dungeons. I dont like closed world games, It just sets me off. I really love LO and it looks amazing, but imm really need to know about the open world concept. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:25 am
All of the "Areas" are connected via portals. They are, however quite massive in comparison to how fast you run (even on a mount.)

The WORLD however is insanely huge. The first continent is Orta, we all know that so far. There ARE more continents out there, and there ARE more than three playable races planned. We haven't even seen the insanely huge ortian capital, Saint Haven yet.

Castilina

Rank 0
Castilina
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:06 pm
I don't recall there being any actual portals unless you teleported or went to a dungeon... aside that you rarely would ever see a loading screen in the alpha vers, but i mean theres maps of the areas in lime on the wiki i think too. x:

A5sas51n

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:15 pm
Ty for getting back to me, I played flyff for 6 years and now looking for a new game to stay for a long time. I have tried countless games but they are not a perfect fit. LO and RO2 were on top. And now playing RO2 cbt, I found its not the one for me. Theirs portals every 2 mins lol, Its not open and feel closed. Since u guys said its a vast map and hopefully no portals in between, you have my hopes up =p. I cant wait till this game is out.

SweetThingPL

Rank 0
SweetThingPL
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:38 pm
A5sas51n wrote:
Ty for getting back to me, I played flyff for 6 years and now looking for a new game to stay for a long time. I have tried countless games but they are not a perfect fit. LO and RO2 were on top. And now playing RO2 cbt, I found its not the one for me. Theirs portals every 2 mins lol, Its not open and feel closed. Since u guys said its a vast map and hopefully no portals in between, you have my hopes up =p. I cant wait till this game is out.  

Hah, i cant wait too Wink
The map was big as far as i can remember.

Zenia1

Rank 3
Zenia1
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:48 pm
I don't really remember any portals other then to the one I used to go from the Human area to the Turga lol for some reason x3 But really I only got to like lvl 20 >//< so yeah Idk to much into it.^^ Still doubt they took out all portals in that way though but either way the areas where way to huge to let something like that make you feel boxed in. ^^

Hope/Pray for my Grandma to make it home to my family and I guyz we love her so much and she's in Surgery </3(6/18/2014 at 5pm still hoping)

Castilina

Rank 0
Castilina
PostedDec 09, 2012 8:14 pm
One of limes maps:

It's one of the former maps players seen later on in alpha... its after you move from blue coral. I hope this gives more of an idea of how big maps are and how they look.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:32 pm
There is a total of 4 continents with several maps in each one.

Not all continents were released in any version of LO and by the looks of it, not every continent will be released in the latest LO, more likely in a content update.

It is a HUGE world.

Maps in the same continent are connected and open world.
Other continents require transportation such as ships, teleports, or even the giant penguins in the sky according to trailers.

Example:
From Blue Coral map, you travel down a cave to Louran Desert, and can continue to Al Sarvana.

A5sas51n

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 5:29 am
qawsar wrote:

Example:
From Blue Coral map, you travel down a cave to Louran Desert, and can continue to Al Sarvana.  

That is exactly what I wanted to hear, If travelling from one area to another on a continent dosent require a portal. You have my hopes up, now I am really excited =p. Ty for the info.

ThesirKyle

Rank 0
ThesirKyle
PostedDec 11, 2012 1:13 pm
Thanks for all the information, this helps me to Smile