faustmote

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 9:58 am

WL Dualwield -> shield switching question

WL Dualwield -> shield switching question
A little annoyance ive had is when you switch from dualwielding to 1h+ shield in the middle of a fight, the shield replaces the secondary item. When you click on the 1h weapon that was replaced by the shield to reequip it, it replaces the primary slot instead of the shield. The only way i can go back to dualwielding is by opening the equipment interface and manually switching.
Advertisement

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedDec 09, 2012 10:14 am
What is the question?

There is no solution to the problem as of yet. Simply because the default equip slot for sheilds is the 2nd hand weapon slot and the default option for 1 handed non-sheild weapons is to replace the primary, when the second hand is occupied.

Cru3lty.x

Rank 0
Cru3lty.x
PostedDec 09, 2012 7:58 pm
As the above asked, where's your question?

As for the solution, you pretty much nailed it, you have to keep bag open and manually place it in the secondary slot to get out of shield, you get used to it like I have with my WL, however if you don't like it, then it's either stick to dual-weilding or stick to 1h + shield x:

frostears911

Rank 0
frostears911
PostedDec 27, 2012 8:51 pm
best solution ive had for this is to keep character "C" open, bullcharge>rightclick the shield on C which removes it, then hit the weapon short cut on the hotkey bar

PlaguedTitan

Rank 1
PlaguedTitan
PostedJan 07, 2013 3:44 am
you could always try equiping a 2h weapon after using shield then re equiping 2 1hs