AmazingApple

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Installation error

7 zip extraction error; data error (cyclic error redundancy check)
Every time i install i get this error. Please try and tell me how to fix and not give me an alternate download link becasue joystiq and onrpg don't seem to work.
Advertisement

Royeltee

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Royeltee
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:57 pm
I suggest updating your video drivers and then install EE from one of these mirror downloads

AmazingApple

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:37 pm
Royeltee wrote:
I suggest updating your video drivers and then install EE from one of these mirror downloads  

Thank you for replying. I have a new driver downloaded but when i try to install i get OS_ERROR1

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:22 pm
Royeltee wrote:

A crc error does not mean a bad video driver so updating the video card driver does nothing.

CRC error on installation when uncompressing files means the installer is corrupt and needs to be redownloaded. CRC on patching means something interfered with the patch download like AV or anti-spyware or a crappy connection/firewall/router dropping packets.

Not everything = video driver updating. The mirror download in this instance is actually a good valid suggestion since the crc on installation means a corrupted installer. A fail updating of a working video driver can make things worse, especially for laptops which can't use standard drivers and need their special oem ones. Just my 2 cents, take it with a large grain of salt Smile I was going to say Bob needs to give y'all a crash course in what requires video driver update but realize you're not a GS.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Royeltee

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Royeltee
PostedDec 09, 2012 2:37 pm
celestar wrote:

A crc error does not mean a bad video driver so updating the video card driver does nothing.

CRC error on installation when uncompressing files means the installer is corrupt and needs to be redownloaded. CRC on patching means something interfered with the patch download like AV or anti-spyware or a crappy connection/firewall/router dropping packets.

Not everything = video driver updating. The mirror download in this instance is actually a good valid suggestion since the crc on installation means a corrupted installer. A fail updating of a working video driver can make things worse, especially for laptops which can't use standard drivers and need their special oem ones.  

Oh thank you for the infos, cele! I'm just slowly learning tech stuff, so I'm not very good at it...

celestar wrote:
Just my 2 cents, take it with a large grain of salt Smile I was going to say Bob needs to give y'all a crash course in what requires video driver update but realize you're not a GS.  

Q.Q lol