qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:36 pm
ColdB26 wrote:
After these comments about the level progression I begin to fear... Will LO be too easy? (I hate easy games.)  

No, in RO2 I was gonna be stuck with the same skills at lvl 13 till lvl 25, since the job advancement was very late and the skills were very few.

In LO having job advancements every 15 levels doesn't make it easy :/
That doesn't even make sense how it'd make it "too easy"..
It gives it more variety as you can go though various skill routes, especially if there is more than one tree unlocked per advancement.

Having a couple of skills unlocked every job advancement is much nicer than having the same skills for 10+ levels with no improvement. Especially with Skill Reset NPC's, the game was meant for you to screw your build up every now and again in LO. I really would prefer a system like that any day.

Advertisement

ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:43 pm
Yeah... Looks easy. =.=

Flying pigs took my signature away~

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:46 pm
Well, I guess we'll all find out when the game is released. But yeah, definitely do not want easy. :/

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:50 pm
ColdB26 wrote:
Yeah... Looks easy. =.=  

Lol, I'd understand if you meant it's easy to level and gain all the skills, but having skills under your belt as opposed to being at a standstill, repetitively using the same skills seems good. Even if the skills are passives, atleast you gain skills.
Keep in mind, in LO, dungeons really scale up especially with the hard modes, so having more skills is a necessity without making the game easy.

In alpha, the skill tree allowed for a new skill every couple levels, and was not easy.
The same system can be applied even with job changes every 15 levels.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:56 pm
qawsar wrote:
ColdB26 wrote:
Yeah... Looks easy. =.=  

Lol, I'd understand if you meant it's easy to level and gain all the skills, but having skills under your belt as opposed to being at a standstill, repetitively using the same skills seems good. Even if the skills are passives, atleast you gain skills.
Keep in mind, in LO, dungeons really scale up especially with the hard modes, so having more skills is a necessity without making the game easy.

In alpha, the skill tree allowed for a new skill every couple levels, and was not easy.

Well, as long as the method used to advance has a level of difficulty to it, I think I will be happy. c:

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:00 pm
xSerenitas wrote:
qawsar wrote:
ColdB26 wrote:
Yeah... Looks easy. =.=  

Well, as long as the method used to advance has a level of difficulty to it, I think I will be happy. c:  

As will I, I don't know if it will be easy to level, but getting job advances and skill upgrades make a game much more interesting, and gives it a variety, instead of making it easy. Probably more difficult to manage your build actually.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:01 pm
I'm not understanding this. Are you saying that the game would be easy because people actually have skills, or that they advance in class every 15 levels (which could honestly be cut down to just the one at 15 for practical purposes, unless you get new choices for skill trees every advancement) makes the game easy? Because I see neither as easy in either way.

I make no Rupaulogies.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:07 pm
qawsar wrote:
xSerenitas wrote:
qawsar wrote:
ColdB26 wrote:
Yeah... Looks easy. =.=  

As will I, I don't know if it will be easy to level, but getting job advances and skill upgrades make a game much more interesting, and gives it a variety, instead of making it easy. Probably more difficult to manage your build actually.  

e.e Oh gawd, it's gonna be Aion all over again in that aspect. "S-so many skills....WTH am I supposed to do with them all?"

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:08 pm
xSerenitas wrote:
qawsar wrote:
xSerenitas wrote:
qawsar wrote:
ColdB26 wrote:
Yeah... Looks easy. =.=  

e.e Oh gawd, it's gonna be Aion all over again in that aspect. "S-so many skills....WTH am I supposed to do with them all?"  

xD Just look into them, pick the ones that suit your play style, and if you mess up, pay and reskill~ simple, and unique Very Happy

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:13 pm
Hmm...well, we'll see soon enough, I hope. I'm getting excited again from the LO talk! ;-;