Foxx1821

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 11:33 am

Automatically signed up for aeria games!?

Aeria games automatic signup
So today I wake up to see a "youve been signed up for aeria games" email in my inbox. Because I get pretty paranoid by stuff like this, I automatically go to the REAL website (not clicking the links in the email) and attempt to login with what are my normal credetials for new accounts i make. Login failed with "normal" credentials. attempted to reset password. success now logged in to the account i did not create. All info in the profile is blank, except the birthdate, which is very wrong. Do some googling, I dont see anything on this issue of "automatic account setup". I check if i have 'forum activity'. who knows if some no-gooder signed my email up to send spammy forum posts. No forum activity.

Thinking im compromised, i check emails "IP address history". Only my IP address is listed in its history, so no compromisation here.

run a full scan of antivirus/spyware/malware etc. no malicious baddies found. I sent an email to support about this, but people tend to have better feedback, SOOOOO......

My questions, I do Have an EA/origin account. Was I automatically signed up for this crazy stuff because of that? Is someone selling my email address on the black market? Should I even worry if my accounts/computers were not compromised? I do not play ANY book of face games, addons or apps, but would Mr Z still sign me up? Lastly, is there anyway i can trace the creation to a specific game? Maybe i played a game waaay in the past and its login was ported to aeria games?

Thanks for any help and sorry for the wall of text!
Advertisement

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:08 pm
To alleviate your concerns, please know that Aeria Games is not a spam type company and they are wholey legit ^_^ in fact one of the better gaming portals on the net in terms of F2P premium based games.

How your email made it into the database is a bit of a mystery, though there have not been any official statements, and so this is just a guesture, but its possible your email was ported in via a partner.

Aeria currently partners with Perfect World, EA Origin, Sony, Facebook, and several other smaller partnerships from Browser games, and even including Google which now owns Meebo.

I do not know if aeria participates in advertisement selling of email addresses, but to the best of my knowledge they don't.

In either case, I wouldn't be worried.

If you do not wish for the account to be associated to your email, you can opt out of any and all solicitations or newsletters in the Privacy options in your accounts profile, or you can write a ticket via Contact Us (located at the bottom of the page) and request your account be terminated.

^_^ anywho welcome to Aeria, hope you change your mind and would like to check us out for awhile Laughing