DontCaeria

Rank 5
DontCaeria
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: UCG Listen UP

m4a1mk3power wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
It has come to my attention that team DefkoN was not added to the brackets because they missed the signup deadline up 7 minutes. Leaving the brackets scrambled with 19 participants.

This is unfair since the thread advertising this holiday tourney was removed from the stickied list and hidden in a section that is rarely checked, so it is understandable if they did not even know the tournament existed until the last minute.

So here's whats up, I believe it is highly unfair to have them not participate because they missed the deadline by 7 minutes, especially given the circumstances. AND, the brackets are set at 19 participants, leaving MERC in a negatively handicapped position requiring us to win MORE matches than most other teams to come in first.

If DefkoN is not added to the roster by the start of the tourney tomorrow morning I AM DONE with UCG.

So think about this  

Sorry Ziggy but I have to disagree with you here.

The sign In time was the same for all teams and has been like that for esl events too.

Why would it be fair to make an exception for DefKon and not all the other past teams that missed the sign in time on past events???

Yes they are the most known clan In uava but still they have to go by the rules just like all other clans.

........................ Yes they moved the topic to a less used topic forum but still I'm sure that they knew about the event and I'm sure one of there clan would have checked the details, If not then its still there fault for not doing the checks of sign in's and rules.

If Defkon is added what will stop other clans in the future turning and saying well you let defkon join UCG after the sign in, why not us???

It will cause more problems allowing them to bypass rules.  

So in your opinion it's more fair for a clan to have to win more matches than the other tourney participants? Adding Defkon to the tourney would balance out the matches giving everyone an equal chance to move to the next round.
Advertisement

WoIfff

Rank 2
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:44 pm

ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
It has come to my attention that team DefkoN was not added to the brackets because they missed the signup deadline up 7 minutes. Leaving the brackets scrambled with 19 participants.

This is unfair since the thread advertising this holiday tourney was removed from the stickied list and hidden in a section that is rarely checked, so it is understandable if they did not even know the tournament existed until the last minute.

So here's whats up, I believe it is highly unfair to have them not participate because they missed the deadline by 7 minutes, especially given the circumstances. AND, the brackets are set at 19 participants, leaving MERC in a negatively handicapped position requiring us to win MORE matches than most other teams to come in first.

If DefkoN is not added to the roster by the start of the tourney tomorrow morning I AM DONE with UCG.

So think about this  

Couldnt you contact UCG admins (since I understand you are in UCG Staff), and spoke with them about this?

They kick you, and I would do same. With this topic, you make bad reputation of organization with you represent as a staff member.

About the situation, I don't think that moving the topics make ppl not see it. Every one who is competitive player, and wants to play tournament will have no troubles finding it.

Breaking own rules for adding team? You create the rules for something, but ofcourse, you can make exceptions, but as I said, creating topic about it when u are from staff is the last thing you do.

1shotKING

Rank 1
1shotKING
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:46 pm
Agreed with wolf. You crying like a baby on forums just proves your level of immaturity to even be involved with a competitive gaming league. If you had an issue with the organization you're a peasant to, you should of discussed it with them privately... not post on forums to gain the support of the AVA 13 yearold population

S0ulCal1ber

Rank 4
S0ulCal1ber
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:48 pm

WoIfff wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

So think about this  

Couldnt you contact UCG admins (since I understand you are in UCG Staff), and spoke with them about this?

They kick you, and I would do same. With this topic, you make bad reputation of organization with you represent as a staff member.

About the situation, I don't think that moving the topics make ppl not see it. Every one who is competitive player, and wants to play tournament will have no troubles finding it.

Breaking own rules for adding team? You create the rules for something, but ofcourse, you can make exceptions, but as I said, creating topic about it when u are from staff is the last thing you do.  

he only had to talk to Kury and it would have been dealt with with out problem's

DontCaeria

Rank 5
DontCaeria
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:50 pm

S0ulCal1ber wrote:
WoIfff wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

So think about this  

he only had to talk to Kury and it would have been dealt with with out problem's  

They seem to have dealt with it in a very mature fashion. Even though instead of adding in a clan to the roster, they kicked one.

Phil.Br

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Wayzata wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

So think about this  

ok  

Hahaha, I thought the same! Let's change the rules for 1 player Wink

DontCaeria

Rank 5
DontCaeria
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Phil.Br wrote:
Wayzata wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

So think about this  

ok  

It's not changing the rules for one player. Make the tourney fair for two teams of 5.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedDec 08, 2012 1:00 pm

S0ulCal1ber wrote:
WoIfff wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

So think about this  

Uhm there wasn't much time, I posted formally in both their forums and in two places in skype. I don't think I'm bringing down the reputation, just making a fair point.

Phil.Br

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 1:00 pm

DontCaeria wrote:
Phil.Br wrote:
Wayzata wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

So think about this  

ok  

It's not changing the rules for one player. Make the tourney fair for two teams of 5.  

I wasn't on about that

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedDec 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Phil.Br wrote:
DontCaeria wrote:
Phil.Br wrote:
Wayzata wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

So think about this  

ok  

I wasn't on about that  

What are you on about?