Qlander

Rank 2
PostedDec 10, 2012 7:51 pm
xybolt wrote:
....there has been at least 2 p-servers where the owner got brought to the court and that he/she has to share the visitor's addresses to AGE.....  

and? So what, AGE can't do anything about visitors, infact AGE have no right to that info at all - its in breach of several online privacy laws, as well as several countries Privacy Acts, including the USA. They can't act on that info anyhow....If they did, they'd get sued for obtaining info they have no right to.

They have a right to protect their intellectual licences, but NO right what-so-ever to obtain IP addresses from another server and pursue anything with them - unless they want to break several Privacy Act laws.

In fact, its the devs that pursue the intellectual licences and copyright issues with the illegal servers, it has nothing to do with AGE., but again read above. Its not a frigging criminal action for those that log into a server which is classed as breaking copyright laws, since the user isn't breaking any copyright laws (unless they can prove they still have the client s/w installed, but good luck with that since once the server goes down people realize they installed illegal client software just uninstall it and remove it from their systems), its the owner of the server that gets busted sicne they have been in breach of he devs licence to use....and the users just get a letter to their ISP's asking them to forward the 'you have downloaded illegal software, please remove or we will take you to court' notices to you ( there is no info exchanged by the ISP's with the licencee of the s/w, unless they do take them to court, with a court order, etc.....but lmao good luck with that $$$ ...only to find that s/w was un-installed? yea right...i think not, since they have no way to prove the s/w is still installed since the server is gone....).

We don't live in a police state, or dictatorship....people have privacy rights you know and companies are not above those privacy laws even if its online.
Advertisement

Bender19511

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 11:53 pm
btw your servers jus crashed.

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedDec 11, 2012 12:36 am
Bender19511 wrote:
btw your servers jus crashed.  

sort of, PX crashed for about 45 min.

you are not worthy to see this signature

sarahlouise23

GameSage: Shaiya
sarahlouise23
PostedDec 12, 2012 9:48 am

Update

aaaaaw it caint be that bad surely? Hugs*

Manicsloth

Rank 0
PostedDec 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Way to go Aeria

I find it dismally reprehensible that not one aeria employee has seen fit to respond to this thread in the 5 days it has been running. Grow some balls and tell your players what you think you are playing at for a change. I am only still in this game because of the friendships I have made and will absolutely not be using any other aeria game ever again once I finally quit.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 13, 2012 4:33 am
Qlander wrote:
and? So what, AGE can't do anything about visitors, infact AGE have no right to that info at all - its in breach of several online privacy laws, as well as several countries Privacy Acts, including the USA. They can't act on that info anyhow....If they did, they'd get sued for obtaining info they have no right to.

They have a right to protect their intellectual licences, but NO right what-so-ever to obtain IP addresses from another server and pursue anything with them - unless they want to break several Privacy Act laws.

In fact, its the devs that pursue the intellectual licences and copyright issues with the illegal servers, it has nothing to do with AGE., but again read above. Its not a frigging criminal action for those that log into a server which is classed as breaking copyright laws, since the user isn't breaking any copyright laws (unless they can prove they still have the client s/w installed, but good luck with that since once the server goes down people realize they installed illegal client software just uninstall it and remove it from their systems), its the owner of the server that gets busted sicne they have been in breach of he devs licence to use....and the users just get a letter to their ISP's asking them to forward the 'you have downloaded illegal software, please remove or we will take you to court' notices to you ( there is no info exchanged by the ISP's with the licencee of the s/w, unless they do take them to court, with a court order, etc.....but lmao good luck with that $$$ ...only to find that s/w was un-installed? yea right...i think not, since they have no way to prove the s/w is still installed since the server is gone....).

We don't live in a police state, or dictatorship....people have privacy rights you know and companies are not above those privacy laws even if its online.  

these visitor's got blocked here. It is true that this strategy doesn't effect much because altering IP address is not hard lately. But they have no reason to come back to here ofc Razz
It is completely legal, asking for addresses. The judge decides it.

+ by saying that blabla about licenses, you are telling that you might reproduce all items without a problem ? It's same as fake clothing/cigarettes/... They will get removed from the market and burned if it got detected. Those persons behind these products gets a fine / prison holiday ( it's dependent from the situation and countries )

signature of xybolt

Miss_Lu

Rank 0
PostedDec 13, 2012 6:38 pm
xybolt wrote:
Miss_Lu wrote:
First.. it was a technical not a mentally hint, not to say what you shud do or not.

If you agree to the ToS of what? Shaiya u.s. then you play by the rules. Thats ok. I agree.

But this doesnīt means shaiya on PSīs are in ALL countryīs forbidden. This is common law and you shud know it.  

There is still license protection. It is forbidden in all countries if you have a world license. It is true that some countries doesn't give a coin about these laws and that you can be protected if you put a PS online from there. What aeria games can do in this matter is asking for blocking IP access which is possible. fe an USA citizen cannot access a PS server in Sweden because AGE asked for a national block as per law protection in CA.

There are also servers which is illegal but still online. It requires a huge cost to investigate it, bring that person to the court, and such. But don't get the illusion, there has been at least 2 p-servers where the owner got brought to the court and that he/she has to share the visitor's addresses to AGE.

Miss_Lu wrote:
To the second let me break it down for you:

You accept the ToS of shaiya u.s. if you play on u.s. servers. What happen if shaiya by AEG runs in different countrys to make money but they donīt respect the low in this country? You got it? How do you call a global player then? Lawbreaker? Arrogant? Thiefs? Tell me... donīt.-.-.- we are aware of it...
=P  

You don't get the concept. If you are in france, but playing on an english server, then you are protected by the french laws, but aeria games isn't protected by french law. It might do something illegal for your country, but they don't operate in France. So you cannot do something on it.

It is a matter of where the company is operating from. If it's legal in their country of operation, then they might offer the services without problem. If you have a problem with it, you can ask for a national block.  

Sry that i couldnīt answer right in time due rl and may i wasnīt clear enough in my words.

I spoke about technical actīs not "moral actīs".

You donīt get it! Itīs not breaking in each country a law. Sry to burst your booble that u.s. right is worldwide right. (At last not now... who knows about future. XD)

You shud take your time before you come with the "lie of worldwide" license. If you take some time you will see the grey zone of it. Thats why they canīt do much.

I think you have no clue where is it not illegal and where is it.
But this isnīt the point.

The point is, if you play on any "OS" , then shouldnīt be the company who claims to be original, true, the owner of right to publish shaiya at last respectful enough to not break the law of the country where they run this "game"?

Shouldnīt at last the official company not lie to custumers to take their money? Do you have any clue
which kind of bad reputation a company earns by it?

Back to your argument. If a company runs a service from Fr and breaks the law of Fr , how do you call it? Legal?

Itīs just patetic.

Or easier for you: if i play u.s. server, ToS of u.s. shaiya counts. If i play play other countryīs shaiya, what then? Which law is then the main law? Still u.s.?

Let me just answer here to your other comment. Itīs not always legal and succesful to ask for an adress. You may live on a pink cloud. To much not knowing in this case. You spread false rumours.

Ps: Hope you donīt take it personal. I know, i donīt speak english well. May you see the relation between bad management, different laws and an altering game.