LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:55 am

Re: Just a thought, one businessman to another

People have already quit, even in top guilds. Left their notices and uninstalled, before moving on.
Not sure if AGE actually knows the state of organizational decline that they are at when it comes to Shaiya, or what the players are feeling in-game or among themselves in their guilds.

-Retired.
Advertisement

rugrog

Rank 2
rugrog
PostedDec 08, 2012 9:04 am   Last edited by rugrog on Dec 08, 2012 9:37 am. Edited 1 time in total
Most MMORPG games are now free, with a cash store, and I have played & tried many. I have NEVER seen a game with as many server issues as Shaiya.

Nexon has it all under control. Rolling Eyes

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedDec 08, 2012 9:09 am

thomdane wrote:
smart business stuff  

omg your guild reminded me "Tor announced that the official release date would be January 8, 2013" THATS SO CLOSE!!!!! FINAL BOOK WOOOOO!!!!!!!! (for confused people, TWOT)

and yeah, with the losing customers thing. AGE have balanced the less players with charging the ones that stayed even more.

its like your company has 100 customers spending $1 each, you lose 90 customers and so all you have to do is charge the remainding 10 customers $10 each and you are sweet. (on the EOM takings reports anyway lol)

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:27 pm
Look, Aeria pretty much knows exactly what is going on, but will not publicly tell us for what ever fear that haunts them.

When they cryptically tell us about new patches coming in to fix things that don't work, and that there is this new patch to "monitor" the server activity. Does tell us a lot when you read between the lines.

So here is what I read between the lines: The server stability problem is caused from outside attacks. Remote diagnosis is difficult. Frequent patches are put in place in an attempt to plug the hole. But you only find out if they work when the next attack breaks through the system. Since many attacks are successful, new monitoring systems needs to put up to try to detect them. All Aeria can do is send symptoms of what is happening to Nexon, and when they get around to working on it, they can only guess at the actual hole, because it requires the attackers to attacking the system at the time of debugging the code. Without all that, it is just guess work.

Now the system going down is really for minimizing the damage that is being caused by the hackers. Aeria doesn't want to do roll backs because it creates a mess for them to clean up. So it is just easier to shut it down for a while to try to undo what has happened.

Now, think about this for a moment. Is it better for the game to be shut down more frequently to minimize the attack damage or just let it ride out until the attackers get bored and move on? For example Duping. Stopping a duping attack within minutes is far better than letting it go on for weeks and months at a time.

Unfortunately, Aeria doesn't think this community is intelligent enough to digest the truth of the exact problems and fear that people are leaving. But people are leaving because they are not disclosing the truth in full because all they are left to think that the game developers are incompetent (which they are not) or that Aeria is apathetic to the players.

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 08, 2012 2:05 pm
got nothin to say execpt, ill believe it when i see it (when servers are fixed) <,<

Dag1943

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 3:23 pm
The only thing that keeps me in this game are the friends I have made here. I have quit buying ap because of the non-fix of many many problems with this game. All the apologies do not cut it anymore. Other games i have played and are currently playing do not have near the problems that this one has.

yaynot

Rank 2
yaynot
PostedDec 08, 2012 4:33 pm

thomdane wrote:
In short, if you think that even though Shaiya is suffering from a couple months of crashes with no fixes, that those leaving the game are going to go to DD Tank, DK Online, Last Chaos, etc, you have lost your collective minds.  

I have to say I agree with this completely. It describes me, that's for sure. I'm trying like heck to hang on to see what happens, but once I just can't take it anymore, the LAST place I'll look for online gaming will be Aeria.

By the way, believe it of not, this has little to do with the crashes. It has quite a lot more to do with random account suspensions, erased AP, deleted toons and items and what appears to be a complete lack of concern/consideration from Aeria in response. I really do feel like I'm being shown the door. Add that on top of the crashes and the lack of communication, well, once I go through the door, I won't be coming back. Why would I?

Chicken Little was right, you know.

wizardmac

Rank 1
wizardmac
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:32 pm
this has gone on long enough now, i have been a faithfull player for a long time, its time for me to move on to other games, just got a free download of WoW, so i guess you may see me there, good by AGE.

If you take everything personally then your going to get hurt a lot!

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedDec 08, 2012 7:00 pm

yaynot wrote:
thomdane wrote:
In short, if you think that even though Shaiya is suffering from a couple months of crashes with no fixes, that those leaving the game are going to go to DD Tank, DK Online, Last Chaos, etc, you have lost your collective minds.  

I have to say I agree with this completely. It describes me, that's for sure. I'm trying like heck to hang on to see what happens, but once I just can't take it anymore, the LAST place I'll look for online gaming will be Aeria.

By the way, believe it of not, this has little to do with the crashes. It has quite a lot more to do with random account suspensions, erased AP, deleted toons and items and what appears to be a complete lack of concern/consideration from Aeria in response. I really do feel like I'm being shown the door. Add that on top of the crashes and the lack of communication, well, once I go through the door, I won't be coming back. Why would I?  

+1

The day I am done with Shaiya (which I for a long time now have played because of my guild and nothing else - not the love I once had for the game, not the company that runs it that, while it was never perfect, has with time fallen to such depths it is hard to fathom), I am going avoid Aeria like the plague. Shaiya does not deserve to be run by Aeria. The Shaiya community didn't deserve Aeria. There are still some individuals within the company I have some respect and sympathy for, but the company in general is making itself anathema to its own communities with its policy of omerta.

Wonder why people are leaving for illegal operators of the game? Because they treat their communities with respect and tell them what is going on. I, unfortunately, am a stickler for abiding by the law, and will never play on an illegal server. I, and those who think like me in that regard, are given short shrift and treated like we are total ignorants by Aeria. Don't you think we can read? Don't you think we can look up things online? Don't you think we can connect the dots? And once those dots are connected, don't you know how bad that makes Aeria look by the simple fact that you never tell us what is ACTUALLY going on?

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

NARUTOVCLOUD

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 7:07 pm
I know this game will die relatively soon, it's run by a skeleton crew. Servers constantly crashing or 'emergency maint' and the economy is pretty crazy. Only thing I see AGE doing is looking for more things to sell.

Once this game dies or when i fully tire of it I won't be playing another game run by AGE. Not blaming any specific GM/PM by the way.