xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 09, 2012 7:27 am
Durlgrim wrote:
It's not about advantages...well sorta. As is: AoL can use their base effectivrly as 1-hit guard is out doing his job. At UoF base, the 1-hit guard is scared of the over-wheming number of AoL and is also hiding inside the ides.  

in theory, it's not a big problem because both factions shouldn't come in the base ( the line are being marked by such totems )

@Masu, these guards there at AoL base got placed because the original version doesn't spawn guards there. Well, there are guards, but they are far behind the totems then at UoF. When i discovered it years ago, when i was new to canta, it has caused a furrowed eyebrow at me.

@Chan375; you have a point, but it is also not the fault of those ppl there in VR that the PvP got concentrated to there. (i'm not talking about low lvls, but also for those above lvl60 ). The bosses doesn't influence the PvP in a longevity manner because it comes and goes only around the spawn times. discussing high lvl PvP is is not completely related to this thread, but there are still some relevant features.

I want to add that i agree with your concerns, and that your suggestion is very easy to implement, but there are also other places which could get the same treatment too.

signature of xybolt
Advertisement

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 09, 2012 9:09 am
/no support

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 09, 2012 9:15 am
Covenant_Spirit wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:
/no support  
i do not to ask ,or need your comment.  

its on forums, anyone can comment Very Happy

Masuyuu

Rank 4
Masuyuu
PostedDec 09, 2012 10:25 am
xybolt wrote:

@Masu, these guards there at AoL base got placed because the original version doesn't spawn guards there. Well, there are guards, but they are far behind the totems then at UoF. When i discovered it years ago, when i was new to canta, it has caused a furrowed eyebrow at me.

Nooo o.O They have guards right on the line of the 2-4 towers, always did, but because of people complaining about being picked off well inside the base when running back in (usually new the dungeon spawn) suddenly a few forward guards were added then later being able to get to the house/balcony inside was taken away too with a guard spawned in the floor (lol)

jess_m

Rank 1
jess_m
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:42 pm
sexymarcus69 wrote:
^this....and the fact if AoL wishes to push from base they have a broad area they can flood out from allowing for less "bottle necking" into the mass....from a fury persepctive if u wanna push the campers....basicly whoever leads the charge and possibly 3 or 4 more HAVE to run head on into a very tight group of lights with NO hope of not being ganged to death in a second... u put 30 toons in a box...and have to run though that box to get anywhere....kindda sucks...from aol they can come close to hill AND also have others going from far end at the tree to push out/around/snipe.....  

We should start pvping from the other gate.... the towers there are quite sensitive and land is flat so our ranged wont get "land obstacle".

Also, no bottleneck scenario

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:09 pm
jess_m wrote:
sexymarcus69 wrote:
^this....and the fact if AoL wishes to push from base they have a broad area they can flood out from allowing for less "bottle necking" into the mass....from a fury persepctive if u wanna push the campers....basicly whoever leads the charge and possibly 3 or 4 more HAVE to run head on into a very tight group of lights with NO hope of not being ganged to death in a second... u put 30 toons in a box...and have to run though that box to get anywhere....kindda sucks...from aol they can come close to hill AND also have others going from far end at the tree to push out/around/snipe.....  

We should start pvping from the other gate.... the towers there are quite sensitive and land is flat so our ranged wont get "land obstacle".

Also, no bottleneck scenario  
We have actually tried other gate, the problem there is that the ides are too far forward on the left side, and the guard is also too far back there creating the same problem that originally was on light side before the guard added to it. its at a strange angle so the left side ides is about 7m further then the guard which is about 7m out from the right side ides... it is pictured as well with the issues at fury's second gate explained as well. We have also found that often when we try light refuse to come to that gate at all, and so both sides end up staring at snow by an empty gate till fury give up and return to the regular gate.

_TheLightBearer

Rank 5
_TheLightBearer
PostedDec 10, 2012 3:44 pm
bumping o.o

Resigned! Thanks everyone <3

Mr.Dutch

Rank 3
PostedDec 10, 2012 4:55 pm
support!!

Kerpeh

Rank 0