Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedDec 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Camping in Canta, GM input requested

blanancing camping
I posted this before, here, and it was supported by both factions almost unanimously, only one negative person about it... so would appreciate some GM input on this subject. So as stated before, as a picture is worth a thousand words, in 3000 words --- this is my issue.

Advertisement

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedDec 07, 2012 7:14 pm
/support

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedDec 07, 2012 8:56 pm
yup...our guards suck.....AoL guards are 1shot wonders...ours can blast away 3/4 shots....your ides are ALL over..fury not so much....we get lil tiny port to death instead of large area.......*bows* support it 100% Smile

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedDec 07, 2012 9:28 pm
I had a level 30 canta orc but im currently working on rebuilding it, when i was in canta, i healed ppl from the top of the mountain when the lights were camping are base in canta, that is how you heal ppl in canta if you wana match up with the lights heal's they get while camping!

I've Quite, and Have no plans on returning! さよなら。

Kamui01

Rank 3
Kamui01
PostedDec 07, 2012 9:56 pm
brodysmash14 wrote:
I had a level 30 canta orc but im currently working on rebuilding it, when i was in canta, i healed ppl from the top of the mountain when the lights were camping are base in canta, that is how you heal ppl in canta if you wana match up with the lights heal's they get while camping!  

No offense but how long ago was that? also the thread owner had some SS to support her points and many current canta pvpers have agreed to it.

..Don't make an opinion on me if you don't know nothin' about me..

Avitra

Rank 1
PostedDec 08, 2012 12:08 am
I didn't get this at first, but now I've thought about it, it's basically a problem with the Ides neh?

For lights at their base they can come far enough away from them and still be semi protected by the guard so that pvp is sort of possible without darks being nerfed by the Ides - whereas on the dark side, lights can't approach darks without the Ides killing them, and darks can't come out away from the Ides as there is no guard to protect them if they want to pvp a bit, thus when darks camped = end of pvp pretty much.

It's an interesting idea. I know from personal experience when darks are camped it is thouroughly irritating to try and get close enough to pvp without the Ides hurting, while darks run back into their base making it impossible to get the kill - while at the light side it seems darks can get a few kills by the ranged dps picking off a few who are stood forward of the Ides but still in the 'protective area' of the guard.

So I guess /support

Help the darks come out away from the Ides where they can keep pvp going with a bit of assistance from the Ides and guard when they are the weaker side, and help lights get those few kills by their ranged dps like darks are able to.

Also, I took your idea of pictures.

In the first picture the yellow line shows where it is currently 'safe' for darks - ie darks won't cross that line to pvp if they don't feel safe, and it is impossible for lights ranged dps to pick off darks without getting nerfed, and impossible for dark healers to heal their melee without crossing the yellow line as lights have to stand so far back away from the Ides. Notice where the red names are stood to keep away from the Ides - miles away from where darks will feel safe to come out to. Pvp = dead.

In the second picture the yellow line shows where it would be 'safe' if a guard was placed at the red star. If darks came and stood there, orcs can stay 'safe' while the melee go off across the yellow line and lights can pvp without getting nerfed by the Ides. Red names will stay where they are, but darks can come out a bit to pvp and still feel relatively safe. Pvp = still going and waiting on more darks to log in ^^

Of course if people still stay behind the Ides like in your picture of the light base then pvp dead but w/e lol

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedDec 08, 2012 2:39 am
Avitra wrote:
{all kinds accurate stuff that is just too big to turn into a quote pyramid}  
*smiles* Exactly, and we all know GM don't need devs to just spawn a guard so is easy fix that can be done with just AGE approval.

Mellijor

Rank 5
Mellijor
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:06 am
Same thing wen u camped around Razz

great_orion

Rank 1
great_orion
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:37 am
>_<''

only thing i see from all those SS is that Fury Q_Q for taking more advantage....

pvp ends when Furies go to town as there is no advantage for Alliance to stalk Fury getting wounded by relics near safe spot....
hard for any Alliance ranged dps to take any random attack and kills without getting debuffed or attacked by relics or guards.....

on Alliance side when Fury camp they still get huge border to coverup and by a ranged dps can still try to kill any random lighite easily....

seems like Q_Q from Fury side is all about getting more advantage rather then balances....
Fury need more help to take advantage at all places*good point xD

<br>

Avitra

Rank 1
PostedDec 08, 2012 7:57 am
great_orion wrote:
>_<''

only thing i see from all those SS is that Fury Q_Q for taking more advantage....

pvp ends when Furies go to town as there is no advantage for Alliance to stalk Fury getting wounded by relics near safe spot....
hard for any Alliance ranged dps to take any random attack and kills without getting debuffed or attacked by relics or guards.....

on Alliance side when Fury camp they still get huge border to coverup and by a ranged dps can still try to kill any random lighite easily....

seems like Q_Q from Fury side is all about getting more advantage rather then balances....
Fury need more help to take advantage at all places*good point xD  

I thought this at first (d@mn you Fury *shakes fist* Wink) but then I went away and thought about it, and actually it just changes the approach lights take to camping, actually possibly giving benefits.

In the OP the first picture shows a yellow line where lights like to stand if they are up for pvp (not very far away from the dark raid). Darks can still pick people off from here, and healers are still relatively safe to heal melee toons that run into the dark raid (as long as they don't get picked off hehe). If lights don't want to pvp, they stand where they are in the picture - in line/behind the Ides. Darks have to take hits from the Ides/run into base (tsk tsk) if they want to get kills.

In my second picture, if a guard is placed where the red star is, hopefully darks will come out to where the yellow line is, thus lights can now pick a few off, and dark healers can come out to heal melee classes that run all the way to the red names shown in the picture.

At the moment, darks rarely venture much further than what is shown, and it is impossible for, say, an archer get close enough to get a kill without being ganged by the Ides.

So which would you prefer: The current situation, where basically as soon as darks get camped that's it for pvp unless more come to help? OR have darks come out a bit further where (a) they can be picked off by archers and (b) where orcs will stand so dark melee will come out to fight? Thus pvp keeps going.

If you argue that the guard will kill everyone... doesn't everyone have sonic 2's now to outrun them? Even if the guard does catch lights and you argue this new guard only makes Furies stronger... well isn't that the point? If they are being camped it means they are currently the weaker side and need all the help they can get. If things turn the other way and darks manage to get more kills whilst being camped than lights, it's simple enough to town and force them to camp lights.

I've given my support to this, but I do hope that it works out the way I imagine. I would hate for darks to still stand where they do now, only with an additional guard to make things even more difficult.