Author Message

7bears

Rank 0
Joined
03 Nov 2012
Posts
13
Location
Vietnam
PostedDec 07, 2012 4:12 am

P.attack or Crit MA?

what does MA need between p.atack or crit rate?
Advertisement

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
Joined
27 Jan 2012
Posts
858
Location
Kuwait
PostedDec 07, 2012 1:29 pm
Simple answer: both.

girafig321

Rank 0
Joined
16 Dec 2011
Posts
49
Location
United States
PostedDec 07, 2012 1:43 pm
That is for end game only, and usually MA's will seek atk speed and even acc when they are really willing to invest some hwavy gold at it. Im not sure but im guessing u are 35-45 so at that lvl crit rate and crit dmg are by far more importamt than trying to focus on patak. Jst make sure you use ur most patak at main hand and you should have decent patak ( even more with fortify. Later on u can worry more about getting 15-20 pts at cestus patak KP and achivements.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
Joined
27 Jan 2012
Posts
858
Location
Kuwait
PostedDec 07, 2012 2:04 pm
girafig321 wrote:
That is for end game only, and usually MA's will seek atk speed and even acc when they are really willing to invest some hwavy gold at it. Im not sure but im guessing u are 35-45 so at that lvl crit rate and crit dmg are by far more importamt than trying to focus on patak. Jst make sure you use ur most patak at main hand and you should have decent patak ( even more with fortify. Later on u can worry more about getting 15-20 pts at cestus patak KP and achivements.  


What ?..

Aim for the most crit and patk you can get. Don't focus on attack speed too much, crit rate and dmg is all that matters, with some atk speed. Atk speed is not as important because you have charge.

Use Blood Knife (lvl 48) set or Vainglorious (53) set to achieve this, invest in crit rate/crit dmg (unless you're willing to spend a lot of gold on getting maximized crit dmg without KP). use crit rate enchants and aim for the best attack possible. Attack speed will come naturally from AGI.

Basically, MA with high crit rate/dmg + Charge + Suppress (MA skill) effect activated = death.

mrdolphin

Rank 2
Joined
12 Aug 2008
Posts
447
Location
Baltimore United States
PostedDec 07, 2012 6:44 pm
Crit dmg, especially for dual wielders, is extremely easy to max. I can max my crit dmg without a single point into the KP, although currently I have 4 into it since I decided not to use one of the crit dmg certs. There's not a lot of sacrifices to max crit dmg.

Crit rate is harder to max solo with human MA since we do not get the crit rate bonus. Im sitting at 66% with good gear and can reach 90% solo with procs, 100% easy with buffs. I can probably get 75-80% base if I get the awakened armor...

Attack speed is extremely important, more than a bit more p-attack, when using the awakened dagger. I wouldn't suggest devoting a whole build for attack speed and sacrificing crit rate, but you can get 15% from ranger cert, 5% from ice meteor, and 10% from legendary achievements. Most players get 15% from agi w/o a lot of agi stacked, so that's a nice 45% off the spot. I use the attack speed ring and have procs that give agi as well. Remember, more attacks per second = more dps = more procs activating = more chances for awakened dagger's effect =...you get the points :p

It's advisable to not depend on charge all the time for attack speed...as it can be removed.

Lvl 7X <br> Warrior(DPS)/Thief/MA/BD/Samurai/Ranger/Engi <br> <a>YT channel</a>

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
Joined
21 May 2011
Posts
1199
Location
United States
PostedDec 12, 2012 2:50 pm
Not meaning to discredit anybody, but I vouch for mrdolphin. So here I am, Samurai with about 80% Crit Rate, 45k P-Atk, and 3.00 Crit Dmg walking along and I find some elites. I get the first hit with my Awakened katana that gives a bonus 20% damage when I use my AoE skills . . . then this guy who's been standing behind me for a while walks into the fray and DESTROYS the elites as MA. Rips aggro off me in an instant and drowns the big lizard with a barrage of punches that emulated the speed and power of a M61 Vulcan. Good lord, he scared the crap out of me, and it turns out it's good ol' Rhem aka mrdolphin.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
Joined
27 Jan 2012
Posts
858
Location
Kuwait
PostedDec 13, 2012 5:44 am
@mrdolphin: do you use glyphs to increase crit dmg ?

LemonPieGood

Rank 0
Joined
11 Jul 2012
Posts
21
Location
Canada
PostedDec 13, 2012 12:40 pm
mrdolphin wrote:
Crit dmg, especially for dual wielders, is extremely easy to max. I can max my crit dmg without a single point into the KP, although currently I have 4 into it since I decided not to use one of the crit dmg certs. There's not a lot of sacrifices to max crit dmg.

Crit rate is harder to max solo with human MA since we do not get the crit rate bonus. Im sitting at 66% with good gear and can reach 90% solo with procs, 100% easy with buffs. I can probably get 75-80% base if I get the awakened armor...

Attack speed is extremely important, more than a bit more p-attack, when using the awakened dagger. I wouldn't suggest devoting a whole build for attack speed and sacrificing crit rate, but you can get 15% from ranger cert, 5% from ice meteor, and 10% from legendary achievements. Most players get 15% from agi w/o a lot of agi stacked, so that's a nice 45% off the spot. I use the attack speed ring and have procs that give agi as well. Remember, more attacks per second = more dps = more procs activating = more chances for awakened dagger's effect =...you get the points :p

It's advisable to not depend on charge all the time for attack speed...as it can be removed.  


Hi. Do you mean the AGI certificate?

mrdolphin

Rank 2
Joined
12 Aug 2008
Posts
447
Location
Baltimore United States
PostedDec 13, 2012 2:24 pm
@katashi
Im sure you would've kept aggro if you had your katana at +10. IIRC, it's currrently +7? The prices of SS these days is just mind boggling. I regret not hoarding Sublimes when they were 4k and all those halcyons I sold for 2k when I came back. Ugh.

@sweetxdevil
Yes, I only buy full defense/melee/range glyphs atm. I could buy magic/healing for useful stats like eva but Im not too pressed about that. Besides MA glyph which I use collapsing blow, I use all the crit dmg certs. I also only use 1 of the 20% crit dmg cert. I currently have 5 into the KP since I have more room for accessory choices that may not give crit-dmg, which I rather would get instead of putting it into Strength KP (ie can use magnetic ring, either of the attack spd rings, sadness ring, etc).

@Lemon
Whoops. I meant I get around 15% base attack speed naturally from my base attack speed number (which is from natural agi and items that give attack speed) aka 15.37% + 15% (the let number).

Lvl 7X <br> Warrior(DPS)/Thief/MA/BD/Samurai/Ranger/Engi <br> <a>YT channel</a>

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
Joined
21 May 2011
Posts
1199
Location
United States
PostedDec 13, 2012 3:55 pm
mrdolphin wrote:
@katashi
Im sure you would've kept aggro if you had your katana at +10. IIRC, it's currrently +7? The prices of SS these days is just mind boggling. I regret not hoarding Sublimes when they were 4k and all those halcyons I sold for 2k when I came back. Ugh.  


I regret not hoarding 5-Slots while they were around 80G, Memory Tomes at under 400G, and ECs at 30G. My friend did that at pretty much maxed his cash like Sushi25 did......

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: