Author Message

phill8890

Rank 0
Joined
01 Feb 2010
Posts
11
Location
Cape Girardeau, MO. United States
PostedDec 06, 2012 9:05 pm
bjw123456789 wrote:
phill8890 wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

yes, called OI, u can make a few OPs a day farming there. Or even do 80 token raid now, and sell lv7 lapis.  

And the general consensus is 1000+OP for a decent pvp set. Maybe half that cost for a glass cannon set. Even at 4 OPs a day it takes 250 days to make a decent set.  


u can get a decent 1-15 set or 20-30 set for under 300ops.

Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:
LOL those skills are apart of the class. if the class did not have those skills, i would not call that class defenders/guard then xD. Lets take away elate while we're at it too.

PS: most defenders cant do crap anyways when they UT/pog/df/melee reflect, I jus stand and watch them hit 1-2k on ppl xD  

He asked about gameplay. I am saying for a PvP game to allow people to chain invisibility skills for up to 2mins is boring.  


yes, its boring, but its apart of being a defender/guard, PROTECTING people.  


So around 300 OPs? = Roughly 1100AP/OP= around $10/1000Ap= roughly $3,000.00 for a decent 1-15 or 20-30 set. Not trying to be a jerk, but I find that to be completely insane. The other option would be for someone to farm then sell items for OPs, which would technically be the "free" option, but by the time it takes someone to lvl to such a lvl to farm high end items the game will completely change or the "in game" economy will be to a point that no one can afford anything at all. Kinda how I literally watched rec runes being sold 11:1 and within a week if not less drop to 5-7:1.

In all this game is in horrible shape, and over the years I've sat back and watched it self destruct. Even the option to farm with no kill stealing bans anymore is nearly impossible. So the "farm to sell" or "farm to trade for ops" options are becoming non existent.

I've only heard from friends who play WoW, I've played Shaiya for almost 6 years with a 1 1/2 year break and am only a lvl 58. lol. Just here recently I started buying AP(real money purchase) and have spent around $250 for future lvls. But I fear that if it takes me another 4 years to lvl that my items will become obsolete. From what I've heard stick with Wow.  


Only a fool would buy OPs at 1100ap. Do EoM Tier, thats about 350 ish OPs right there, so $300  


Valid point, however I thought the point was stringing along with the question of if you had to spend real money. The point that I was making is, yes, you will. Either way I personally think that spending $300 for 1 set of gear is still crazy. However, I do not consider myself as a pvper. Maybe when I reach lvl 80 I will, but as of right now im a lvl 58 so I'll have to take a number and wait in PR for a party.

And most people don't have just a 1-15 pvper or they wouldn't even be able to experience the rest of the game, but do keep their 1-15, 20-30 toons and continue with a 1-80 toon. In which case i'd need a graphing calculator, mission control, David Blane, and Nostradamus to figure up the price it would cost to gear all those toons up.
Advertisement

grieverblade

Rank 1
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Posts
297
Location
Austin United States
PostedDec 07, 2012 12:06 am
Max lvl? 80

Is there good PvP? Depends on your time zone. Shaiya is literally a ghost town during the hours of 10PM+ Pacific Time. Once in a blue moon there will be good PvP, at least for end game pvp it is very low and doesn't last as long.

decent enough PvE for lvling? To some extent. You will be forced to go into PvP maps in order to get the most out of exp as opposed to a non-PvP map. The culture in Shaiya is that you cannot kill steal other player's monsters, and when a group of people (a party) have a particular "spot" (area where they are killing monsters), it is frown upon when someone outside of party goes into that area and kills "their" monsters. This is not part of the Terms of Service in which you are not allowed to kill "other people's monsters", but sort of like a "common courtesy" thing. You will also find that PvE is very different depending what class you choose. Some classes are prone to solo more than others (archers/rangers or assassins/hunters for example). Moreover, it is my understanding that WoW offers a variety of activities to do in game, Shaiya is VERY limited. if you think at your point WoW has become repetitious and obnoxious, you are going to find Shaiya very very repetitious within a week. In Shaiya, as opposed to many other games, there's no crafting/mining/etc so that pretty much limited your activities in Shaiya right off the bat in comparison to WoW. Shaiya does not have a variety of monsters either. Each progressive map consists of the same looking monsters just colored differently and are bigger. Heck even character design is lacking. You will find a lot of clones of yourself in the game, there's not much of options in character design/appearances in game (even if you get the Appearance Change scroll through item mall it is limited to what you can do). Anyway, this is a really old game, so don't expect flashy graphics or a lot of customization in game either.

EXP rate? I say it's decent. They run bonus exp gain. To be honest, there's not even a rush to get to lvl 80.

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character? Yes, tons! because this game is aimed for PvP, the whole main focus is that, for you to spend tons of $$$ to get relatively competitive in PvP. Expect to fork at least $300 a month if plan to be competitive in PvP. Keep in mind that you are required to purchase an AP item so that when you die you don't lose your equipment or weapons in inventory. Additionally, armor in game is really just bought via AP. Like other games you can enchant your weapon and armor, but it costs a lot too..I welcome you to take a look at the "Promotions" part of the forum. Look at the "placeholder thread"and let yourself be mesmerized by how stupid it's become with the enchants and the number of placeholders to do just something simple that any other game would be available for the player at the moment without GM intervention. Additionally, look at tiers..that will give you a clue as to how much you'll spend. That alone is scary.

Are there many or any good farming areas? Yes, there are farming areas. I'd say the one and only good farming areas are the instanced maps which are OI and Stigma Cave. These drop lapises that you could use to put in your gear to increase their stats. Keep note, that majority of these lapises, are only sold via AP (in addition to items required to attempt to link them..yes..there's high chance it will fail to link). People would say "Oouu Token Raids!!"..this is really not farming, I don't consider it farming when you do nothing. You are literally in a stupid raid looking at some counter and when reaches number you town and get a stupid "token" you need 10 of these to trade for a blasted box that will net you a lapis.

How is the game play? good, but very laggy at times. Also lack of gameplay at the moment because we are currently experiencing a lot of server crashes. So laggy sometimes when you PvP your potions don't work or skills etc. The condition of your PC is a factor of course, and also your internet speed, but when the server is laggy, it don't matter what PC you got.

The vast majority of the people who play, don't log in to play the game but to really be with friends. It's basically because of the people/friends they remain in the game, but not because of the game itself.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedDec 07, 2012 12:35 am
"The vast majority of the people who play, don't log in to play the game but to really be with friends. It's basically because of the people/friends they remain in the game, but not because of the game itself."

You're right. The game is simply too expensive anymore for what you get. You're talking thousands of dollars to make a decent lvl 80 toon. Simply not worth it. Many of my friends and I simply log one once in a while to say hi. Unfortunate but true and becoming more prevalent.

glapfir

Rank 1
Joined
28 Jun 2012
Posts
385
Location
United States
PostedDec 07, 2012 1:46 am
Yes you do have to spend a lot of money if you want to pvp in this game.

after about level 55 there is forced pvp,well it`s pvp if you consider getting killed in 1 hit by players who are 25-30 levels higher than you are,pvp. it`s forced pvp because you can`t level above level 60 unless you pve in a pvp zone that is open to level 80`s of the opposite faction.

Some of the best pvp gear is only available by paying for it with real money,it does not drop in game.

each new update adds new gear that makes your current $5,000 set of gear completely obsolete and worthless.

game gold is worthless the currency of choice is AP items that must be bought with cash.

There is gold cap of 4.2 billion for each character, 4.2 billion is chump change and won`t buy anything of value that you will need for pvping.

tomieto

Rank 1
tomieto
Joined
22 May 2008
Posts
294
Location
melle Belgium
PostedDec 07, 2012 3:46 am
calebsingletary wrote:

Not always true. I have seen many people be good in end game without having to spend all that money to PvP. Additionally, you don't have to buy AP to have fun on the game.  


i think this is only possible because they have been around for years and so might have done some farming all those years.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3783
Location
Singapore
PostedDec 07, 2012 5:32 am
It is not how long they farm. It is how they decide to farm. They farm the players instead of the game.

I think only maybe 5% that pvp play without spending money while 95% spend to support them. Do tiers and sell profit is the only way to pvp for free. This method of free is a pyramid scheme because it needs more players to get involved to be sustainable. Only the few at the top of the pyramid can play absolutely for free, not considering dupes/hacks/scamming.

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
Joined
03 Dec 2007
Posts
2831
Location
Croatia
PostedDec 07, 2012 7:18 am
sxty9 wrote:
Is there good PvP? ------ no <---Absolutley wrong

decent enough PvE for lvling? -------- long hard grind that is not sprinkled with enough quests to keep you occupied

EXP rate? ------poor <-- Absolutley wrong

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character? ------ yes, thousands of dollars <---wrong

Are there many or any good farming areas? ------ no creatable items and very few items to farm to sell and a ridiculously low drop rate

How is the game play? -----player community is like no other you will ever experience - that is what keeps players here

In summary - go back to WoW  

PvP is quite good in all 3 zones,i dissagree completley with you that pvp is bad.Its not the end of the week and some players have gotten 5k kills,so lets say 7k per week.If 7k kills per week you call bad then idk what you can call good pvp

EXP rate is good imo.It keeps you lvling but its not slow.I tried some other games and Shaiya EXP is a lot faster then some other games.I myself lvled from 70-80 in a week or so.

You do need to invest in AP to become uber and competitive but not thousands of dollars.

You should probably try shaiya out and then decide wether you like it or not.The game is so much fun to me, so manny people you will meet.Community is great.

Just my 2 cents.

freako2k

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
freako2k
Joined
03 Mar 2011
Posts
313
Location
Norway
PostedDec 07, 2012 7:30 am
Well, i'll say one thing. This is by far the most addicting game i've ever played. And i've played everything. I always come back to this game for some reason. The graphics aren't that good, the gameplay isn't that good and nothing is that good. It's just addicting as Hard. It's awesome!

I spend about 100$ a month on aeria games. While that may sound like a lot, i feel more like i'm paying for many different games. I play shaiya, wolfteam and AVA regularly and that 100$ is more than enough to get me uber through all the games. xD

I recently got myself uber gear for 1-15 pvp - which is awesome. PVP in this game is great. I thought it was great when i wasn't uber too btw. >< I have played some 20-30pvp and that is awesome as Hard too. Always full of action. I have never gotten to try the higher zones yet tho, but that's just because i'm lazy.

As for the gameplay: The only thing i truly miss in Shaiya, is the god **** feature to move while attacking!

tomieto

Rank 1
tomieto
Joined
22 May 2008
Posts
294
Location
melle Belgium
PostedDec 07, 2012 7:47 am
cmon , exp rate does suck dont hide it, only way to lvl is with a Perfect party ( 7 ppl )
and even then after 59 it goes slow ( even if there wouldnt be an invade system ).

great_orion

Rank 1
great_orion
Joined
29 Jan 2011
Posts
382
Location
Steel City India
PostedDec 07, 2012 9:14 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
sxty9 wrote:
Is there good PvP? ------ no <---Absolutely right

decent enough PvE for lvling? -------- long hard grind that is not sprinkled with enough quests to keep you occupied

EXP rate? ------poor <-- Absolutely right

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character? ------ yes, thousands of dollars <---right

Are there many or any good farming areas? ------ no creatable items and very few items to farm to sell and a ridiculously low drop rate

How is the game play? -----player community is like no other you will ever experience - that is what keeps players here

In summary - go back to WoW  

PvP is quite good in all 3 zones,i dissagree completley with you that pvp is bad.Its not the end of the week and some players have gotten 5k kills,so lets say 7k per week.If 7k kills per week you call bad then idk what you can call good pvp

EXP rate is good imo.It keeps you lvling but its not slow.I tried some other games and Shaiya EXP is a lot faster then some other games.I myself lvled from 70-80 in a week or so.

You do need to invest in AP to become uber and competitive but not thousands of dollars.

You should probably try shaiya out and then decide wether you like it or not.The game is so much fun to me, so manny people you will meet.Community is great.

Just my 2 cents.  


just to let you know bud......
PvP need more balances pvp don`t run on basis of just 1 person or raid.it need more ppls to keep the pace good.
kills ratio of like 5K or 7K per week is really good but just give full details.
The highest pvp kills are mostly to ppls who are almost 24x7 online + ubber linked.
not a job of every person to get 5k kills on average.
pvp is good for just few ppls for rest its never been so good as compared to your statics......

seems you lvled 70-80 in 1 week ohhh yeah i believe it was during times when new maps were just released and there was no invasion to keep players busy for pvp.....
even getting lvl 70 to 80 due to invasion takes more than month even a quarter year due to sucky and Brilliant pvp scenarios....

mention like : i got lvled up from 70 to 80 in 1 week when new map was released and they were completely free from invasion so we grinded safely all time for 24x7.now its a invasion map so expect washout every 5 mins now and then....

exp is only good when there is a perfect pty with good tanker.most of time its hard to get good party with good tanker and invasion keep it monitoring that ppls don`t get lvled up easily......
every time we dont get a high lvl dps to do plvl.......
so it means exp sucks after lvl 51+ Shocked

for AP investment :
most ppls do EOM of 300 $ and some do even multiples EOM.i believe that previously you told u do buy AP from other players and do EOM. do paying 300 $ per month is cheap.
just be honest to yourself first.......

the game is good for sure but he needs to try it out with his own understanding of the things foretold here.....
i just said game play is good*rest all things sucks
Razz

Twisted Evil

<br>
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: