Lando_

Rank 2
PostedDec 06, 2012 4:46 pm
alwaysbanned3 wrote:
turn around  

Nice class selection. Good thing you didn't pick thief. God knows there are enough of them already >.<

Shaiya = Facebook with graphics
Advertisement

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedDec 06, 2012 6:21 pm
Max lvl? 80

Is there good PvP? There are 3 zones of pvp. Level 15, 30 and end game. PvP depends on who is online usually because gap between the haves and have nots is really big.

decent enough PvE for lvling? No.

EXP rate? Slow after level 55 if not leeching.

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character? Yes.

Are there many or any good farming areas? No.

How is the game play? Too many Invincibility skills on defenders/guards. Too much healing/health pots. Forces players to buy AP to be DPS.

x86_64

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 7:21 pm
I'll give you it straight out.

If you have money, WoW is cheaper.

If you don't have money, Shaiya is cheaper.
(and WoW is not an option if you don't have money)

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 06, 2012 7:29 pm
sxty9 wrote:
EXP rate? ------poor  

LOL much better then what it use to be. Anyways its, if you dont die from pvpers all the time, you can lvl very fast. But thats not the case, you will get farmed from 51-70 at least.

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 06, 2012 7:33 pm
Alastoreo wrote:
Are there many or any good farming areas? No.  

yes, called OI, u can make a few OPs a day farming there. Or even do 80 token raid now, and sell lv7 lapis.

Alastoreo wrote:
How is the game play? [color=green]Too many Invincibility skills on defenders/guards.  

LOL those skills are apart of the class. if the class did not have those skills, i would not call that class defenders/guard then xD. Lets take away elate while we're at it too.

PS: most defenders cant do crap anyways when they UT/pog/df/melee reflect, I jus stand and watch them hit 1-2k on ppl xD

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedDec 06, 2012 7:57 pm
bjw123456789 wrote:

yes, called OI, u can make a few OPs a day farming there. Or even do 80 token raid now, and sell lv7 lapis.  
And the general consensus is 1000+OP for a decent pvp set. Maybe half that cost for a glass cannon set. Even at 4 OPs a day it takes 250 days to make a decent set.

bjw123456789 wrote:
LOL those skills are apart of the class. if the class did not have those skills, i would not call that class defenders/guard then xD. Lets take away elate while we're at it too.

PS: most defenders cant do crap anyways when they UT/pog/df/melee reflect, I jus stand and watch them hit 1-2k on ppl xD  
He asked about gameplay. I am saying for a PvP game to allow people to chain invisibility skills for up to 2mins is boring.

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 06, 2012 8:24 pm
Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

And the general consensus is 1000+OP for a decent pvp set. Maybe half that cost for a glass cannon set. Even at 4 OPs a day it takes 250 days to make a decent set.  

u can get a decent 1-15 set or 20-30 set for under 300ops.

Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

He asked about gameplay. I am saying for a PvP game to allow people to chain invisibility skills for up to 2mins is boring.  

yes, its boring, but its apart of being a defender/guard, PROTECTING people.

phill8890

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 8:44 pm
bjw123456789 wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

So around 300 OPs? = Roughly 1100AP/OP= around $10/1000Ap= roughly $3,000.00 for a decent 1-15 or 20-30 set. Not trying to be a jerk, but I find that to be completely insane. The other option would be for someone to farm then sell items for OPs, which would technically be the "free" option, but by the time it takes someone to lvl to such a lvl to farm high end items the game will completely change or the "in game" economy will be to a point that no one can afford anything at all. Kinda how I literally watched rec runes being sold 11:1 and within a week if not less drop to 5-7:1.

In all this game is in horrible shape, and over the years I've sat back and watched it self destruct. Even the option to farm with no kill stealing bans anymore is nearly impossible. So the "farm to sell" or "farm to trade for ops" options are becoming non existent.

I've only heard from friends who play WoW, I've played Shaiya for almost 6 years with a 1 1/2 year break and am only a lvl 58. lol. Just here recently I started buying AP(real money purchase) and have spent around $250 for future lvls. But I fear that if it takes me another 4 years to lvl that my items will become obsolete. From what I've heard stick with Wow.

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 06, 2012 8:46 pm
phill8890 wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

Alastoreo wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

So around 300 OPs? = Roughly 1100AP/OP= around $10/1000Ap= roughly $3,000.00 for a decent 1-15 or 20-30 set. Not trying to be a jerk, but I find that to be completely insane. The other option would be for someone to farm then sell items for OPs, which would technically be the "free" option, but by the time it takes someone to lvl to such a lvl to farm high end items the game will completely change or the "in game" economy will be to a point that no one can afford anything at all. Kinda how I literally watched rec runes being sold 11:1 and within a week if not less drop to 5-7:1.

In all this game is in horrible shape, and over the years I've sat back and watched it self destruct. Even the option to farm with no kill stealing bans anymore is nearly impossible. So the "farm to sell" or "farm to trade for ops" options are becoming non existent.

I've only heard from friends who play WoW, I've played Shaiya for almost 6 years with a 1 1/2 year break and am only a lvl 58. lol. Just here recently I started buying AP(real money purchase) and have spent around $250 for future lvls. But I fear that if it takes me another 4 years to lvl that my items will become obsolete. From what I've heard stick with Wow.  

Only a fool would buy OPs at 1100ap. Do EoM Tier, thats about 350 ish OPs right there, so $300

Maineiac12

Rank 1
PostedDec 06, 2012 8:59 pm
sxty9 wrote:
Is there good PvP? ------ no

decent enough PvE for lvling? -------- long hard grind that is not sprinkled with enough quests to keep you occupied

EXP rate? ------poor

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character? ------ yes, thousands of dollars

Are there many or any good farming areas? ------ no creatable items and very few items to farm to sell and a ridiculously low drop rate

How is the game play? -----player community is like no other you will ever experience - that is what keeps players here

In summary - go back to WoW  

I completely agree. Unless you want to spend thousands of dollars to be good enough to play endgame pvp (which seems to be dying anyway) go back to WOW and save some big bucks. People seem to be leaving here in droves lately. I know, cause I and my friends are amonst those who have left.