turbochargd

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Coming to Shaiya from WoW

little advice about the game?
Just curious as to wether or not this is worth investing time into. I normally play WoW, but have recently maxed out on what you can do. So i would like to try this game for a while untill i decide to return to the redundant quest line yet again. My questions about this game are as follows

Max lvl?

Is there good PvP?

decent enough PvE for lvling?

EXP rate?

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character?

Are there many or any good farming areas?

How is the game play?

If anyone can give me answers that would be much appreciated
Advertisement

Ninniachel

Rank 3
Ninniachel
PostedDec 06, 2012 1:43 pm
Max level:80
Good pvp: there are 3 pvp zones (proelium), 20-30 (canta), and 80 (end-game). I am involved in end game and it has its good days and its bad days but it is picking up. Canta i hear is always active
Decent enough PVE for leveling: Yes
EXP rate: varies at levels. Pretty good until you reach some high levels 59 and 70 are bad
Do you have to invest in AP: I don't and im decent. It is always a plus though
Good farming areas: Azurien Ruins (not sure on exact spelling) and OI. the ruins are good around level 50, OI is 70+ unless a priest or an oracle
How is the game play: game play is good i like it

calebsingletary

Rank 2
calebsingletary
PostedDec 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Coming to Shaiya from WoW

little advice about the game?
Max lvl? - 80

Is there good PvP? - depends on which zone, you have 15 (decent from what i've heard), 30 (pretty popular lately), and 80 (kinda dead from what I have seen)

decent enough PvE for lvling? - PvE is pretty good, it gets slow when you get around lv 50 but thats just about any game really. Quests dont help that much on leveling, well not after about the first 10 levels.

EXP rate? - decent, gets slow sometimes sure, but the PM's give us some nice xp boosts every month (depending on the monthly schedule posted in the promotions forum for that month)

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character? - to build a good character, no. to build an uber character, pretty much, although I know some that have made uber characters (called toons in this game btw) without buying AP even 1 time.

Are there many or any good farming areas? - yeah there are pretty good bit of farming areas, there is one that is open only at certain times (Oblivion Insula). There are also "token quests" which provide you with tokens that can be exchanged for a lapis box (which provides either a potion or random level 7 lapis) these quests are for level 60 (through 69 really but the easiest and most farmed quest is at 60) and 80, you can either sell the boxes or open them for the lapis, either way can be good money just depends how lucky you are.

How is the game play? - I love the gameplay, I play on the Alliance of Light, we have a nice community overall, a few bad apples but that is like every game. Personally, I've enjoyed Shaiya more than I did when I played WoW.

Oh, one last thing. The servers Lailah, Gaia, Etain, Teos are merged into one big server, each acting as channels. So essentially you have Original Shaiya (OS/Merged) or Shaiya Phoenix (PX)

Welcome to the community Smile Hope to see you in game.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedDec 06, 2012 1:47 pm
All you need to know is that to reach max level and gears you have to have A LOT of time to spend and a LOT of $$$.
I was playing WoW 5 years back before I came here. The monthly fee is about 1/20 of the amount you need to spend here to compete in the end game zone. For other zones it's about 600$ and you are done with it. End game gets all the updates though, other PvP zones might get a lil boring. This is all assuming you want to have fun, unless you enjoy being 1-2 hit by every other player.

calebsingletary

Rank 2
calebsingletary
PostedDec 06, 2012 1:49 pm
splasher__ wrote:
All you need to know is that to reach max level and gears you have to have A LOT of time to spend and a LOT of $$$.
I was playing WoW 5 years back before I came here. The monthly fee is about 1/20 of the amount you need to spend here to compete in the end game zone. For other zones it's about 600$ and you are done with it. End game gets all the updates though, other PvP zones might get a lil boring. This is all assuming you want to have fun, unless you enjoy being 1-2 hit by every other player.  

Not always true. I have seen many people be good in end game without having to spend all that money to PvP. Additionally, you don't have to buy AP to have fun on the game.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedDec 06, 2012 2:43 pm   Last edited by splasher__ on Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total
calebsingletary wrote:
splasher__ wrote:

Not always true. I have seen many people be good in end game without having to spend all that money to PvP. Additionally, you don't have to buy AP to have fun on the game.  

These people you see surviving in PvP and not buying AP have played for YEARS. Just because you are a GS you don't have to lie when people ask.
Yes... do the quests that don't even have story and half of them are bugged. The PvE content here is just.. "slim" whereas WoW has a lot of it, so at least there it's completely different. Also, in WoW you have PvP whenever you want, on Shaiya the butt hurt egos slow it down.

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedDec 06, 2012 2:44 pm
Shaiya PvP requires real work. WoW is a leach fest.

To do well in Shaiya PvP require a heavy investment in time and in money.

If you want quests, stay in WoW. Shaiya has a tiny fraction of the number of quests to do.

In WoW you can choose servers with no PvP. In Shaiya, you must PvP to get to level 80. If you don't like to PvP, then all the Ubers that like to kill toons 20 levels below you will just wait for you all day long to and kill you over and over and over.

Oh yeah, if you don't want to lose your gear to the uber PvPers, you have to spend real money to protect your gear.

So if you want real PvP that has real consequences, then come to Shaiya. If you want the little kids pvp, then stay at WoW.

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedDec 06, 2012 2:48 pm
splasher__ wrote:
calebsingletary wrote:
splasher__ wrote:

These people you see surviving in PvP and not buying AP have played for YEARS. Just because you are a GS you don't have to lie when people ask.
Yes... do the quests that don't even have story and half of them are bugged. The PvE content here is just.. "slim" whereas WoW has a lot of it, so at least there it's completely different. Also, in WoW you have PvP whenever you want, on Shaiya the butt hurt egos slow it down.  

Exactly if your old ep 3-4 player, back then you could make big captiel ingame on farming and no ap spending.
People there did it back then can still play non ap, where if you want to start now you need ap spending.

sxty9

Rank 2
sxty9
PostedDec 06, 2012 4:34 pm
Is there good PvP? ------ no

decent enough PvE for lvling? -------- long hard grind that is not sprinkled with enough quests to keep you occupied

EXP rate? ------poor

Do you absolutely have to invest in AP to build a good character? ------ yes, thousands of dollars

Are there many or any good farming areas? ------ no creatable items and very few items to farm to sell and a ridiculously low drop rate

How is the game play? -----player community is like no other you will ever experience - that is what keeps players here

In summary - go back to WoW

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
PostedDec 06, 2012 4:40 pm
turn around