Sweet and Deadly. This skill is amazing, at least on paper. It's hilariously fun in practice. And it's incredibly powerful. The downside to it is that it is poison which means it can be cured with a potion. But that is a necessity because if that were not so it would be far too overpowered in PvP. Archer or not, any sane person can understand that.
So here's how this skill actually works. It shoots a poisoned arrow at the target. It immediately deals basic damage (which can critical hit) plus additional damage which is listed above. Then it poisons the target with a DoT effect. The duration of the effect again varies depending on Lv of the skill, also listed above. The first poison cycle damages the target for the figures listed above, which again increases with Lv. Every two seconds, the poison will damage the target for double what it did last cycle. So, for example, if you initially damage the target for 200 poison damage, two seconds later they will get hurt for 400, then two seconds later 800, then 1600, then 3200, then 6400, etc. This is insanely powerful. Even twelve second duration means 6 cycles, which is how many I just listed. Total up all that damage and you just dealt over 12,000 HP damage. And that's just an example. Lv6 starts at nearly twice that initial damage and lasts even longer.
Now, as far as PvE goes, if a mob is not immune to the poison, then you're looking at a one skill kill, for the most part. But it does take 12 to 18 seconds to do its work of course. It is also not AoE which limits its potential for grinding. I haven't played against any of the EP5 content so I don't know that practical use of this in PvE but it is definitely an interesting skill that needs exploration. Don't overlook it.
Regarding PvP, it is poison, so it is curable with a potion. It's also dispelable by a healer of course. Still, I feel it's probably a must have skill because it is so deadly, it is not something that can be ignored. If you get hit with this and do not act, you will be dead in a dozen seconds. Therefore, you MUST switch focus to potting or dispelling it, and that is annoying and distracting in PvP. Even though you're likely not going to kill the veterans who are ready and expecting it, you will give them something they must deal with now.
The long term practical uses of this are yet to be explored but it's looking to be an invaluable skill. Of course, bosses will be immune to it.
- Deals basic damage plus 35, then deals 12 seconds of poison damage starting at 40 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 2520 damage. (available at lvl 15) costs 4 skill points
- Deals basic damage plus 107, then deals 12 seconds of poison damage starting at 85 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 5355 damage. (available at lvl 28 ) costs 4 skill points
- Deals basic damage plus 228, then deals 15 seconds of poison damage starting at 160 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 20320 damage. (available at lvl 41) costs 5 skill points
- Deals basic damage plus 443, then deals 15 seconds of poison damage starting at 255 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 32385 damage. (available at lvl 54) costs 5 skill points
- Deals basic damage plus 614, then deals 18 seconds of poison damage starting at 390 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 199290 damage (yes, you read that right) (available at lvl 67) costs 6 skill points
- Deals basic damage plus 785, then deals 21 seconds of poison damage starting at 525 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 537075 damage (yes, you read that right) (available at lvl 80) costs 6 skill points