xolotlx

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 6:33 pm
there is definitely something up with the games optimization for pc's making it take up much more resources than it should my computer is as follows:

intel i5 2500k
16 gb ram
gtx 560 1gb

with this pc im able to run 3 Diablo III all at max settings without any problems... but when it came to DK online 1 client alone took up almost 40% of the cpu use, im pretty sure I wouldn't be able to even run 2 DK clients with this sort of optimization

I am sure when OB comes there will be many people who will be unable to participate in the RvR's due to it being virtually unplayable for them
Advertisement

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 6:38 pm
xolotlx wrote:
there is definitely something up with the games optimization for pc's making it take up much more resources than it should my computer is as follows:

intel i5 2500k
16 gb ram
gtx 560 1gb

with this pc im able to run 3 Diablo III all at max settings without any problems... but when it came to DK online 1 client alone took up almost 40% of the cpu use, im pretty sure I wouldn't be able to even run 2 DK clients with this sort of optimization

I am sure when OB comes there will be many people who will be unable to participate in the RvR's due to it being virtually unplayable for them  

+1

gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedDec 05, 2012 6:50 pm
xolotlx wrote:

intel i5 2500k
16 gb ram
gtx 560 1gb

Developers are well aware of the issue. So don't worry! They are going to fix this

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 7:00 pm
gmebilfish wrote:
xolotlx wrote:

intel i5 2500k
16 gb ram
gtx 560 1gb

Developers are well aware of the issue. So don't worry! They are going to fix this  

good . . . very good cus that will turn a lot of ppl away from the game if it is not fixed

the only other concern i have is to find a way to get the factions evened out for RvR so that the results of CB dont happen anymore (Dione outnumbering Eos every time)

Slickshuzz

Rank 0
Slickshuzz
PostedDec 05, 2012 8:04 pm
Lagging is the biggest issue but everything else perfect love the pvp. Maybe add more classes in the future

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 05, 2012 9:04 pm
Hi everyone ^_^

first off i enjoyed playing this game very much.
when it was working properly it was a dream =D

The Open World
The PvP
The Flow of Combat
How low the stats were compared to some other rpgs with stats in the high 000's
I Liked the different area layout of the world it made it more interesting to quest/explore.

Like Explaination:

• Character designs were detailed wonderfully and really added to the game and brought it together.
  • I liked how open the world was as i dislike loading screens and you could find spots where others arnt farming it felt like you had true freedom at times.
  • PvP ANYTIME was really cool having PvP on while hunting monsters was exciting and at times others would ambush you and the excitement would really take off ^_^
  • The flowing combat had to be my favourite "like" as it was something i spent 90% of my time doing and loving every moment every action seemed fluid and it had impact (scuse the pun).
  • Instead of 000's of stats i enjoyed how low they were as it allowed for a more skill orentated game i never understood why other games had so many stats on every item you could find it just takes away the skill and sacrifice/reward scenario that you get with DKO.
  • the seperate areas in the game gave each place you went to more memorable as they all had their own look and feel just added to the game substatially.

Dislikes:
Lag
PvP button cool down
Boss spawn time
lack of descriptions/tooltips
(gender lock)
(rune combination)
Dislike Explaination:

• Nobody likes lag thats just a give-in.
  • oh my gosh why is the timer so long (900 secs)
  • the spawntime was a joke i know the staff like to troll but CMON! you could wait there for 2-5 hours and not see a thing except mobs.
  • ok so what does this do.... WTH!!!! you try to find out what something does and it doesnt say anything or it gives such a poor description that it brings up more questions than answers.
  • (the next two arnt really dislikes but more like preferences)
  • gender locking would normally be a no-no but its not a huge deal in DKO it doesnt take away anything from the game itself and its there to reduce the server congestion in RvR and castle seige so its not all that bad after all.
  • rune combining really annoied me because you put in some runes of the same type and you would expect a rune of the same type but a higher level to be produced... is this what happens in DKO? No! although it does have its benefits i dont think ill be using this feature in the future due to its randomness ill buy runes from now on.

Suggestions:

• more outfits are a must please.
  • Server time clock... events happen but... WTH is the TIME NOW??? enough said...
  • more descriptive tooltips are required for a number of things buffs and guild settings to say some.
  • reduce spawn time to 1 hour and/or lock out or make attacking the bosses unavailable to players that have already defeated it for a certain amount of time.
  • please for the love of god reduce the PvP button cooldown 300 secs is enough not 900 secs especially when you can just warp to town and it turns it off anyway

Thanks for reading and thanks to the staff they all did a great job with this game.

leonken56

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:09 pm
- I dont like the character's sound ( like Aaaa,heyaaa, grrrr... getting very annoying from time to time ) when using skill...

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:16 pm
leonken56 wrote:
- I dont like the character's sound ( like Aaaa,heyaaa, grrrr... getting very annoying from time to time ) when using skill...  

step 1: turn sounds off
step 2: refer to step 1

leonken56

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:21 pm
But i really like the sound effect & don't want to turn the sound off, that'll ruining the wonderful of the game... What should i do ? =((
I think reduce the frequency of the character's creaming, when using skill, should be fine

M4lightning

Rank 0
M4lightning
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:49 pm
improve the capacity of the server Smile