RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedJan 16, 2013 1:56 am
This rule is SPECIFIC to Guild Wars.

Spawn Camping in BG cannot happen because players CANNOT enter the spawn area, all they can do is kill the guards so that they can wait outside it. This means you have a choice between fighting and not fighting, which is not the case in GW.

I agree with Euph, it would be appreciated if the GMs could please amend the title to this thread to make it clear that it is GW being referred to solely.
Advertisement

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedJan 16, 2013 12:17 pm
*Edited*

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedJan 16, 2013 12:51 pm
GMtk421 wrote:
*Edited*  

ty TK Smile

mauricechan2004

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2013 1:45 pm
GMtk421 wrote:
*Edited*  

many thanks

alan.smith636

Rank 0
PostedJan 29, 2013 3:13 pm

spawn camping

when and where
this issue needs to be addressed, i understand and have read that there is no spawn camping in guild war, but i just got banned because someone accused me of spawn camping in a battleground! this is messed up! i was attempting to kill the resource officer... failing but attempted and now i am banned.

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedJan 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Re: spawn camping

when and where
alan.smith636 wrote:
this issue needs to be addressed, i understand and have read that there is no spawn camping in guild war, but i just got banned because someone accused me of spawn camping in a battleground! this is messed up! i was attempting to kill the resource officer... failing but attempted and now i am banned.  

If you feel you were wrongly banned, you need to make an appeal here. http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/ban The forums is not the place for it.

Anankhimel

Rank 0
Anankhimel
PostedJan 29, 2013 9:22 pm
I have just read this entire thread, and in no point do any of the GM's or anyone in which sets the rule state that the standard Battleground has a "Spawn Camping" rule, even though is it is bought up numerous times. Now, I have guildmates that have spent a lot of money, time and effort in this game, that have suddenly become "banned" for spawn camping in Standard BG, which complete c**p.

I want someone to specify if it IS spawn camping, or NOT spawn camping in BG if you kill all the NPC'S leading to an opposition side and stand at the in built barrier the developers can seem to create for BG but not Guild War, and wait for people to come out of the protected area, and be attacked, in complete simplicity, not "Oh, it is but it isn't" roundabout ways.

Having these members have to wait 4-7 days for a verdict on their ban appeal is a serious joke. This Spawn Camping rule has not been clearly put if there is STILL all this confusion.

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2013 1:57 am
Anankhimel wrote:
I have just read this entire thread, and in no point do any of the GM's or anyone in which sets the rule state that the standard Battleground has a "Spawn Camping" rule, even though is it is bought up numerous times. Now, I have guildmates that have spent a lot of money, time and effort in this game, that have suddenly become "banned" for spawn camping in Standard BG, which complete c**p.

I want someone to specify if it IS spawn camping, or NOT spawn camping in BG if you kill all the NPC'S leading to an opposition side and stand at the in built barrier the developers can seem to create for BG but not Guild War, and wait for people to come out of the protected area, and be attacked, in complete simplicity, not "Oh, it is but it isn't" roundabout ways.

Having these members have to wait 4-7 days for a verdict on their ban appeal is a serious joke. This Spawn Camping rule has not been clearly put if there is STILL all this confusion.  

I 2nd this - Please put more effort in the precise outline of rules and also promotions. We have had countless issues were people were confused without there being any need of this happening.

On another note - if you ban 1 person why not ban all who have done the same thing? I am 100% sure there have been reports of several other players camping the Battleground, yet only 1 person has been banned according from what I have seen.

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedJan 30, 2013 1:33 pm
Anankhimel wrote:

1) You're absolutely right. This is a thread regarding the Guild Wars so these rules don't apply to the regular Battleground.
2) It is, at the time this is being typed, NOT SPAWN CAMPING to wait at the built in barrier for battlegrounds.
3) Regarding a 4-7 day waiting period for a verdict, that is simply not the case. All tickets are seen and responded to within 24 hours of being sent in.
4) If you or a teammate legitimately believe you were wrongfully banned for spawn camping in battlegrounds then send in a ban appeal. As previously stated they will receive a response regarding their ban within 24 hours that will include the time the ban will be lifted.

Euphoric77 wrote:
I 2nd this - Please put more effort in the precise outline of rules and also promotions. We have had countless issues were people were confused without there being any need of this happening.

On another note - if you ban 1 person why not ban all who have done the same thing? I am 100% sure there have been reports of several other players camping the Battleground, yet only 1 person has been banned according from what I have seen.  

If you have any questions regarding the Guild Wars/Battleground rules, a promotion, what have you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask (in the appropriate thread/new thread/ask a GS in game/etc of course)

Anankhimel

Rank 0
Anankhimel
PostedJan 30, 2013 3:07 pm
Thank you for clarifying. It still confuses me as to why people are getting banned for a non existent issue. It would help in the guild wars if there were a barrier placed, like in standard battleground, and we know the developers can do it, they've shown it in BG's.

Apologies if I came across with my nose out of joint, it's a constant issue we have to deal with on the server when people constantly threaten to have people banned for trying to kill the resource officer in battlegrounds.

Thank you for the response.