newbornchan

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 5:52 pm
GO ASK THE DEVELOPER TO MAKE THE GATE JUST LIKE IN BG, BUT NOT ASKING PLAYERS NOT CROSSING THAT LINE

LOL[u]
Advertisement

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedDec 05, 2012 7:12 pm
GMtk421 wrote:
News and in game messages should be in effect now!  

Thank u kindly tk, did a great job getting the word out

Skrypto

Rank 2
Skrypto
PostedDec 05, 2012 8:15 pm
I must agree with the ppl here, the game mechanics should be patched to designate a "Safe" area for spawn points, instead of asking players to "Follow" made up rules.

Looking at the whole picture however, advising people to refrain from spawn camping temporarily while a more viable solution is put into effect, would have made much more sense.

This is without a doubt one of the features that should have been implemented at GW launch. If it was tested properly and thoroughly this would not have been an issue.

As mentioned, some NPC defenses could also provide spawn points much needed protection against spawn killers/campers. Longer resurrection invulnerability after death could help players escape their own spawn points.

Also, you could even provide players a 1 minute stat buff after they spawn if they are being prevented from leaving said spawn area.

There are many solutions to this problem, and it is more likely going to save the game from losing many players to something so easily avoidable.

BaeoMasicar

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 8:33 pm
I understand and agree with a lot of the postings so far. I can understand the rule and the want of the design of a non entry point for the enemy, My thing is why are the creatures protecting both sides so weak that people can get threw to do this sort of thing. Those creatures are the guardians of the teams safe area.

Instead of making the safe area a non entry zone, make the guardians harder to defeat instead. The only reason you have Spawn killers is because of the fact that they can get threw to the enemies guardians. And its because of that that those who were sitting in enemy spawn points, saw it as fair game. Making this rule now at this time is irresponsible, when it was the responsibility of both the G.M.'s and the Developers to think of those problems in the first place.

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedDec 05, 2012 8:50 pm
As with all PVP games

-edited by GM for language-
Instead of actually fighting and EARNING them they always want to spawn camp.

Well simple fact Aeria HOSTS the game and as such has liberty to inact rules involving THEIR property. And if you didnt know YOUR ACCOUNTS are their property.
So aeria says DONT do it, then you dont.
Simple get caught and aeria takes back THEIR account.

NEXT time read the TOS before you click you agree to it.
And you would have known this
As well as the universal Aeria spawn camping ruling as Harrassment.

Think of it this way To many people leave cause your to lame and unskilled to earn kills and Aeria shuts the game down. They did it in the past to many games.

So three choices.
1. Follow the rule and enjoy the game.
2. Break the rule and aeria takes back their account from you, and end up QQing in forum.
or
3. Dont let the door hit you in the crack when you leave.

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedDec 06, 2012 12:32 am
BaeoMasicar wrote:
I understand and agree with a lot of the postings so far. I can understand the rule and the want of the design of a non entry point for the enemy, My thing is why are the creatures protecting both sides so weak that people can get threw to do this sort of thing. Those creatures are the guardians of the teams safe area.

Instead of making the safe area a non entry zone, make the guardians harder to defeat instead. The only reason you have Spawn killers is because of the fact that they can get threw to the enemies guardians. And its because of that that those who were sitting in enemy spawn points, saw it as fair game. Making this rule now at this time is irresponsible, when it was the responsibility of both the G.M.'s and the Developers to think of those problems in the first place.  

The rule and screen shot is for guild wars; not the battlefield occuring everyday. There is already a invisible wall in the spawn site in battlefield but there isn't one in the guild war which is why this rule is in effect for guild war.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedDec 06, 2012 2:09 am
jotasnake wrote:
Spawn camping is not fun, in any game at all. Its fun if you are not on the side that can't do anything. Most games either have devs work on a solution, usually a invicibility timer after respawn, or rules have to be set and im glad they did.

I don't know why people complain about this rule, you do not win anything by killing people, you have to secure the towers therefore theres no need to go over that line.  

I thought you got more points for more kills, or it seemed like that happened sometimes

Also good thing I left, I'm against any rules that restrict optional PvP

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedDec 06, 2012 4:27 am
marksteele wrote:
jotasnake wrote:
Spawn camping is not fun, in any game at all. Its fun if you are not on the side that can't do anything. Most games either have devs work on a solution, usually a invicibility timer after respawn, or rules have to be set and im glad they did.

I don't know why people complain about this rule, you do not win anything by killing people, you have to secure the towers therefore theres no need to go over that line.  

I thought you got more points for more kills, or it seemed like that happened sometimes

From what i see no, when theres 2 towers for each time, it adds up the same ammount until that changes or people attack the ward towers.

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedDec 06, 2012 7:32 am
jotasnake wrote:
marksteele wrote:
jotasnake wrote:

From what i see no, when theres 2 towers for each time, it adds up the same ammount until that changes or people attack the ward towers.  

Occupying 1 tower gives out 13-15 points
Occupying 2 towers gives out 35-38 points
Occupying 3 towers gives out 56-59 points
Occupying 4 towers gives out 77-79 points

Every 10,000 Damage to the Ward Tower = 1 Point.

That's the only way to get points.

atripa

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 3:46 pm

BG

GMtk421 wrote:

Spawn camping can be defined as a form of harassment as it creates a hostile environment in which players are bullied and cannot enjoy the game.
Again there is a HUGE difference between losing because a better character outplayed you and losing because you were ganged up in spawn.  

I take this quite cause last time i went to BG, I definitely didn't enjoy it. to have people 10lvls higher than I am... waiting to kill me when I go to the middle. Kinda sucks.

not sure whether this topic is supposed to be about guild wars or in battlegrounds, everyeone comments about guild wars but the post subect say Battleground

In battlegrounds, I think we should have more divisions between lvls so people don't have higher lvls 5-10s higher than they are waiting to kill them..

My preference would be BG brackets from 40-44, 45-49, 50-54.... etc