GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedDec 04, 2012 7:17 pm   Last edited by GMtk421 on Jan 16, 2013 12:17 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Camping in Guild Wars

Its a no no!
Camping

Deliberately obtaining a strategic position on the map, waiting for players to arrive and be killed, attacking players in their spawn points IS NOT ALLOWED. It is also not allowed to "bait" players in to your spawn area for the purpose of trying to report them, both are considered a form of harassment. The enforcement and determination of "camping" will be made solely at our discretion.

More importantly it isn't any fun!

Any players who attack from behind this line, or players who pass this line to attack will be guilty of Spawn Camping/Baiting. Reports will be dealt with accordingly.

Advertisement

PoisonLotus001

Rank 0
PoisonLotus001
PostedDec 04, 2012 9:15 pm
+ 1 ♥♥♥

nubadubadub

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 9:19 pm
seriously?

why not patch it so people cant go past the line then?
yesterday only 2 people on the enemy team showed up..

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Although I agree with this post I have to agree with Nubadub's post more. If the game mechanics allow it, it is a flaw of the game and the players will always look for thes boundaries if allowed to. This is something the developers need to fix, not something you can put on the gamers.

dark2002172

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 1:54 am
What do you mean its a no no lol...
It isn't any fun there for players who attack pass the line will be reported and dealt with ? lol
You are just trolling right ? Rolling Eyes
It's like camping at Autaric Plains (Lv11~20 area) and killing newbies in the world map is no fun and causing the server of losing new players therefore getting banned by doing such an action lol

Camping in Guildwars.... that is just funny :/ its war bro...

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedDec 05, 2012 4:26 am
Spawn camping is not fun, in any game at all. Its fun if you are not on the side that can't do anything. Most games either have devs work on a solution, usually a invicibility timer after respawn, or rules have to be set and im glad they did.

I don't know why people complain about this rule, you do not win anything by killing people, you have to secure the towers therefore theres no need to go over that line.

dark2002172

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 8:12 am
That is the way the game is designed to be. Spawn camping it is made to be a legit thing, regardless how "not fun" people think.
Changing the game itself , adding walls, adding timers, those are acceptable.If the game devs decides that the mechanic needs to be changed , fine.
Rules on the other hand are not acceptable , especially when it is just a GM that stats his opinion on how "not fun" this activity is .
What is created to be doable is doable. Being killed is not fun on that side , does not mean the killer sides need to take responsibility for his unfortunate ,if the game dev allows him to do such a thing.
Having camping as a harassment is just the stupidest thing ever.Its battleground , its guildwars , its PvP. One side has to be killed.
GM doesn't like it ? talk to the game devs, talk to the "partner company", not posting on forums and whining "We don't like it .We don't have the power to fix it, so we'll start punishing people instead."

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:16 am
dark2002172 wrote:
That is the way the game is designed to be. Spawn camping it is made to be a legit thing, regardless how "not fun" people think.
Changing the game itself , adding walls, adding timers, those are acceptable.If the game devs decides that the mechanic needs to be changed , fine.
Rules on the other hand are not acceptable , especially when it is just a GM that stats his opinion on how "not fun" this activity is .
What is created to be doable is doable. Being killed is not fun on that side , does not mean the killer sides need to take responsibility for his unfortunate ,if the game dev allows him to do such a thing.
Having camping as a harassment is just the stupidest thing ever.Its battleground , its guildwars , its PvP. One side has to be killed.
GM doesn't like it ? talk to the game devs, talk to the "partner company", not posting on forums and whining "We don't like it .We don't have the power to fix it, so we'll start punishing people instead."  

When changes can't be done, rules have to be set in order to maintain the gameplay quality of the costumers. I honestly don't understand how you can even talk nonsense about this rulling when it makes total sense that it exists, but nevertheless i'll have to pull the TOS book on you, when you created an account you accept all of AGE rules and therefore have to abide by them or suffer consequences, this rule is not just an "opinion" of a GM as you describe but rather a team decision based on reports and pure logic, if you do not agree with it you have every right to rt your opinion and a GM will give his attention to your opinion and keep it noted.

And the only one whining is actually you, not the GMs lol found that statement a bit ironic. If you wanna make suggestions on how this change could be done smoother i'm sure they would appreciate to hear but going all stupid this and stupid that will lead to nothing and it makes you look bad.

Have a good day sir.

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:24 am
Again I am all for setting rules - but then again this current set rule can and probably will be neglected and abused.

I am more concerned about the fact that these forums are really inactive - thus meaning only the truly active players read this. I am wondering when this will change. If I check other forums about the game and for example upcoming updates - they are provided with more information, why is this not happening here?

Anyway a small suggestion - this rule should be somehow implemented or shown ingame in order to reach a larger audience.

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedDec 05, 2012 12:29 pm
nubadubadub wrote:
why not patch it so people cant go past the line then?  

Aeria is not a development studio. We are trying to work with 7Road to get something like this implemented although it is unlikely.

Again, spawn camping is pretty much a universally disliked part of gaming. The only people that seem to enjoy it are the ones that participate in it.

I can't speak for the developer's intentions or if they even thought people would participate in spawn camping so there is no point in arguing if surrounding the enemy's spawn and attacking before they have settled in is "a legit thing". If your gear/skill/upgrades can take an enemy down in spawn then why not just follow the rule and do it on the rest of the map?

Yeah "it is war" but it is also a game. A game were people want to have fun and enjoy themselves. I don't think I am alone in thinking that players will still have fun losing if they deem the terms of the war fair.

-edit-
TOS addition
Spawn camping can be defined as a form of harassment as it creates a hostile environment in which players are bullied and cannot enjoy the game.
Again there is a HUGE difference between losing because a better character outplayed you and losing because you were ganged up in spawn.