cremepuffer

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 1:31 am

Totally Disillusioned

I started GF over the week-end. At level 20 I asked for party for praire cave, and someone said they would help me for 5g. How thoughtful. Errr NOT. I asked a few questions in world chat, I often got curt and quite snotty answers. Then at level 25 I did the pvp quest.
Seriously? Is it totally necessary to humiliate new players? To be level 30 with +15 gear and all sorts of IM pots, then PM you.. OMG you are so easy to kill, or noobie you need to level up.

Well DOH, I started 2 days ago, yah I am new. And given the warm welcome it looks like I won't be getting any older. Far more appealing to find a new, more new player friendly, game.

I am sure there are some nice people that play, but the days I played, they were an extreme minority. Seems like it should be the opposite and have a few bad apples and.. well whatever.
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedDec 04, 2012 1:46 am
I'm sorry your playing experience haven't been so good. I personally find most of the nasty attitudes in PvP to be in the lower brackets, which is why my low level alts are left rather unused.

If you play on Ponchee, and are willing to give the game another try, you can PM me in-game on "BambiBear" and I don't mind helping~ ♥

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 04, 2012 2:14 am

Re: Totally Disillusioned

cremepuffer wrote:
I started GF over the week-end. At level 20 I asked for party for praire cave, and someone said they would help me for 5g. How thoughtful. Errr NOT. I asked a few questions in world chat, I often got curt and quite snotty answers. Then at level 25 I did the pvp quest.
Seriously? Is it totally necessary to humiliate new players? To be level 30 with +15 gear and all sorts of IM pots, then PM you.. OMG you are so easy to kill, or noobie you need to level up.

Well DOH, I started 2 days ago, yah I am new. And given the warm welcome it looks like I won't be getting any older. Far more appealing to find a new, more new player friendly, game.

I am sure there are some nice people that play, but the days I played, they were an extreme minority. Seems like it should be the opposite and have a few bad apples and.. well whatever.  

I was going through the same bs on the lower bracket pvp. Like how did they seriously expect me to kill a +15 when I was just still trying to figure out the maps lol.

I think in general the people are nice and helpful, most of the (wo)manliness contest happens mostly in pvp anyway. I'd say stick around abit and find a nice proper guild, its a pretty decent game overall =)

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedDec 04, 2012 2:34 am
About the PM's after ypu die they are an automated message set by the personwhen they kill someone in pvp or a boss. You can set yours in the history tab in your log.

Im sorry you experienced such negative attidues but generally speaking alot of lower levelled PvPers are not exactly the friendliest bunch as bambi said. Finding a good guild is yoyr best bet. Also as a low level ( i was level32) i made my first thousand gold by crafting lvl 28 orange weapons. If you level up your sprite and get 2 other good sprites you can just collect the items you need with those sprites and make them yourself. The cost per orange to make is usually about 50 gold and since the rate of success is high you can easily turn a profit. A flaming fang with a good prefix and 3 slots can be sold for 400g.

When you reach level 40 you can craft alot more things increasing your profit, good weapons to make are nightmares wraths and king of the battlefields. You can also make armours which can also sell for a decent amount Smile

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedDec 04, 2012 2:37 am
those pm's you got? weren't actually pm's; they're that players' "victory speech". yeah most are pretty snotty. in terms of pvp; it's worst at the lower brackets due to "bored" players with high level characters that they rarely play. of course they're bored because there's no action on the higher level pvp, and there's no action on the higher level pvp because they're on their low lvl toons pvp'ing. vicious circle lol.

cremepuffer

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 3:02 am
AriaSaitcho wrote:
those pm's you got? weren't actually pm's; they're that players' "victory speech". yeah most are pretty snotty. in terms of pvp; it's worst at the lower brackets due to "bored" players with high level characters that they rarely play. of course they're bored because there's no action on the higher level pvp, and there's no action on the higher level pvp because they're on their low lvl toons pvp'ing. vicious circle lol.  

Sadly, I was killed often enough to learn the difference between a victory message and a PM..

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedDec 04, 2012 3:10 am
You get the players victory message whispered to you every time you are killed. Most people I know don't pay attention to whispers during PvP because all of it is nothing but victory messages.

Most of the victory messages I've seen tend to be some form of "lulz u died u nub"
Since I'm curious (and somewhat doubtful xD), what made you know the difference between when you were getting the auto victory message and when a player was intentionally whispering you? Especially considering saying "I was killed often enough" just means you received their auto V. message just as often to me Surprised

cremepuffer

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 3:37 am
Brynhildra, writes, "Since I'm curious (and somewhat doubtful xD), what made you know the difference between when you were getting the auto victory message and when a player was intentionally whispering you"

I am new not stupid... I know that a victory messages shows up when your are killed, NOT when you are alive.

It looks like, according to AriaSaitcho, the "new players" aren't actually new players, which further dampens my spirit.

I guess it just looks like my timing is really off, and I have shown up too late in the "life" of this particular MMO .

Ty all for your comments.

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedDec 04, 2012 4:16 am
Sorry, I had no intention of implying you were stupid, I just remembered not being able to tell my head from my arse when I first started playing xD Granted, this was my first game in general and first time doing anything remotely social online xD
I've also never been called out in PvP (and I'm horrible) or known anyone to be called out in PvP, but I've also never actually played in the low lvl brackets o.o

If you enjoy the game outside of PvP, I'd encourage you to stay and play, make some friends, join a guild, and eventually pwn in PvP. And ignore PMs/VS's during PvP. I never read anything colored purple during a match, unless I saw a friend's name. Or perhaps even skip the lower lvl brackets.

I feel like 30/40 arenas especially would be filled with a lot of trolls considering the amount of highbies I've seen making alts to stay entertained.

Another thing to note that I just remembered, in case you care: Quill is considered to be a bit more newbie friendly due to having a 'younger' population. Ponchee is a merged server of the 2 oldest servers, where Quill is only a year and a half old. I don't know how much the culture of lower lvls actually differs though, as I'm only on my higher lvl on Ponchee and I've never been on Quill.

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

klichez

Rank 0
klichez
PostedDec 04, 2012 7:17 am
Firstly I am soo sorry for being so late to reply to this because I think I could have just saved you the embarrassing and belittling experience that you were put through. I pray that you come back and maybe just read this response.

I know exactly what you're going through and there's only one thing I can recommenced:
don't make your first character a PvP character and instead just make one to level and do quests on. Once you get to a high level it will be easy to fund a decent and powerful lower level character on which to do PvP quests, get armor and do level sprite on. Smile

I had the same problem, trust me!! My current characters were made only a month and a bit ago with no monetary funding.

I wish that that there were gear restrictions on lower level arena's so that new people would actually have a chance. It doesn't help when most of the people are OP or pottymouths. Also I know it can't be changed... because it's already been monetized (for too many years) rather than being used as a training ground for new players.

@Bryn: afraid it's too late to recommend quill arena Razz it's been... taken over by alts too T_T