Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:24 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:
Grassland altar gives -10% phys damage recieved.  

Highland altar*

Advertisement

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:29 am
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:
Grassland altar gives -10% phys damage recieved.  

Highland altar*  

I knew what i was talking about xD

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:30 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:

No land of sighs altar doesnt give anything really good. Grassland altar gives -10% phys damage recieved, theres one that gives +7% phys damage basically you want ones that make you do more damage/take less damage, reflection doesnt really help

50 staff is a great staff that, if fortified a bit, can hold up good until 70. As a wiz focus more on mcrit damage, wizzies are class cannons at this level and should value damage over crit rate and besides 50 staff gives you all the crit rate you need Smile. For leveling up until being an AM use ice arrow ( fast cast ) as well as your usual mob control skills. For pvp you will want to be buffing your cast speed alot and use frens will meter to increase your damage even more.  

Why doesn't reflection help though? I thought by "reflect 35% damage received" is causing us to take less damage as well?

Thanks again on the tips, could be handy not having to work on that 60 Smile

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:33 am
elite_noobie wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

No land of sighs altar doesnt give anything really good. Grassland altar gives -10% phys damage recieved, theres one that gives +7% phys damage basically you want ones that make you do more damage/take less damage, reflection doesnt really help

50 staff is a great staff that, if fortified a bit, can hold up good until 70. As a wiz focus more on mcrit damage, wizzies are class cannons at this level and should value damage over crit rate and besides 50 staff gives you all the crit rate you need Smile. For leveling up until being an AM use ice arrow ( fast cast ) as well as your usual mob control skills. For pvp you will want to be buffing your cast speed alot and use frens will meter to increase your damage even more.  

Why doesn't reflection help though? I thought by "reflect 35% damage received" is causing us to take less damage as well?

Thanks again on the tips, could be handy not having to work on that 60 Smile  

No damage reflection works as you still getting hit for the full amount but after you are hurt x% of that damage you are hit with gets sent sent back. The damage reflected also goes through damage reduction so the amount reflected is usually less than the % shown.

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:42 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:

No damage reflection works as you still getting hit for the full amount but after you are hurt x% of that damage you are hit with gets sent sent back. The damage reflected also goes through damage reduction so the amount reflected is usually less than the % shown.  

Lol is that so, kinda knew it was bit too good not taking 35% damage xD off I go maxing belcar's rep then o/

Brynhildra

Rank 3
Brynhildra
PostedDec 03, 2012 11:15 am
whoeverxwins wrote:

With forting, you can generally get by with SS until +9  

From +1-9 all I use are scrolls and mallets. Around +6/7 I switch to A scrolls that I've farmed myself. Much cheaper xD

GF: 78 Temp [Ponchee] || AK: 5x Duel & 4x Guard [Siren]

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
PostedDec 03, 2012 2:42 pm
Brynhildra wrote:
whoeverxwins wrote:

With forting, you can generally get by with SS until +9  

From +1-9 all I use are scrolls and mallets. Around +6/7 I switch to A scrolls that I've farmed myself. Much cheaper xD

Fortification to +4 using A scrolls is 100% and a high chance to get to +5. To get to +9 you will probably need 3 greater blacksmith repair mallets (they repair durability to 100%) you will fail a considerable amount at +7-+8 butstick with it as it is worth it. If your on ponchee then maybe we could do some WCM with my pally since i have +18 legacy i can tank heaps of them and you can kill them, if you dont know how to lock a big group then i can teach you seeing as though youll need it once you start smf/msmf Smile

freemclays

Rank 2
freemclays
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:22 pm
elite_noobie wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

Lol is that so, kinda knew it was bit too good not taking 35% damage xD off I go maxing belcar's rep then o/  

Just to clarify this, in PvE all damage is reflected with the given percentage, in PvP it firstly goes trough a huge damage nerf (same with most DoTs) and then trough the persons damage reduction, so it is basically useless. I rarely see my 100% reflect do much work in PvP, so yeah, don't go for it.

One day.

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:26 pm
freemclays wrote:
elite_noobie wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

Just to clarify this, in PvE all damage is reflected with the given percentage, in PvP it firstly goes trough a huge damage nerf (same with most DoTs) and then trough the persons damage reduction, so it is basically useless. I rarely see my 100% reflect do much work in PvP, so yeah, don't go for it.  

Yeah and damage reflection for pve is terrible because usually mobs have so much more hp than you lol

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 03, 2012 5:25 pm
TheDiseased2 wrote:
freemclays wrote:
elite_noobie wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

Yeah and damage reflection for pve is terrible because usually mobs have so much more hp than you lol  

Thanks for the info everyone, spared me from wasting time going with reflections D:

Grizzard - yes I'm on Ponchee, but still at lv45 so wont be able to do WCM yet. Thanks for the offer, ill be sure to look for you later lol Very Happy

Also I think I haven't completed all the dungeons so far like EC/DT. Are those dungeons compulsory to do or not? I assume I just need to complete CM to do WCM?