elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Need help with tons of questions :3

Hello everyone, I'm kinda new to the game and been reading about but couldn't get some infos/confirmation with the following,

1. Altars rep. Is there any benefits to max the altars that I wont be needing anyway? IE, grassland altars, I don't need anything from it but does it also give Kaslow or guild fame by maxing it?

2. Mallets. Say I have a weapon with 0/65 durability (with the full original durability being 152). If I use the 100% mallet, would it repair it back to the 65 or 152 durability?

3. Stones. How do we get the variant stones or the scroll for it? So far I mostly just see the ultimate stones without variant at the AH.

4. Costumes. Can we use ebony/golden chisel for both vanity costume AND weapons? Am I right that flawless stones are for costumes and KUSOs are for the weapons? Also is there any other way to obtain these stones besides from mclays/item mall?

5. Arena - WS/HF. I joined these but got told off since I'm new to pvp and didn't know much what I was doing lol. Admittedly I had sucky gears (just +5 all around legacy and slotted staff) compared to the other pimped out pvpers, but I stuck around with my group, follow orders etc but some were still abusive like "I want you on the other team next match beeyotch" lol. Question is how can I improve if most people couldn't tolerate a newbie in the arena and they don't want us to join? How long do I need to learn, suck it up and be a food until I'm at least decent?

6. PVP. In a purely 1v1 pvp, what class is a wiz good against and what classes can kill it easily? I seem to be able to take on zerk/paladin/necro/cleric no problem but has no chance against the sins/rangers/wolf sages. Sounds about right or I just suck too much I should quit the game? Also tips for skills/combos/talents/general stuff for a wiz is hugely appreciated <3

Thank you in advance if anyone bother to read those and reply lol. Sorry for the tl;dr-ish post and if it were confusing since English is not my first language :3
Advertisement

Towkay

Rank 1
Towkay
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Need help with tons of questions :3

elite_noobie wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new to the game and been reading about but couldn't get some infos/confirmation with the following,

1. Altars rep. Is there any benefits to max the altars that I wont be needing anyway? IE, grassland altars, I don't need anything from it but does it also give Kaslow or guild fame by maxing it?

2. Mallets. Say I have a weapon with 0/65 durability (with the full original durability being 152). If I use the 100% mallet, would it repair it back to the 65 or 152 durability?

3. Stones. How do we get the variant stones or the scroll for it? So far I mostly just see the ultimate stones without variant at the AH.

4. Costumes. Can we use ebony/golden chisel for both vanity costume AND weapons? Am I right that flawless stones are for costumes and KUSOs are for the weapons? Also is there any other way to obtain these stones besides from mclays/item mall?

5. Arena - WS/HF. I joined these but got told off since I'm new to pvp and didn't know much what I was doing lol. Admittedly I had sucky gears (just +5 all around legacy and slotted staff) compared to the other pimped out pvpers, but I stuck around with my group, follow orders etc but some were still abusive like "I want you on the other team next match beeyotch" lol. Question is how can I improve if most people couldn't tolerate a newbie in the arena and they don't want us to join?? How long do I need to learn, suck it up and be a food until I'm at least decent?

6. PVP. In a purely 1v1 pvp, what class is a wiz good against and what classes can kill it easily? I seem to always be able to take on zerk/paladin/necro/cleric no problem but no chance against the sins/rangers/wolf sages. Sounds about right or I just suck too much I should quit the game?

Thank you in advance if anyone bother to read those and reply lol. Sorry for the tl;dr-ish post and if it were confusing since English is not my first language :3  

1) Then there's nothing you should worry about. They don't give city fame for maxing it.

2) Back to 152 Durability if you use a Greater Blacksmith Repair Mallet.

3) You don't. You only get those from OCLAY/Quest.

4) Costume Weapon yes, you can use them. You can obtain other gemstones from daily quest in a fortune bag, if you're lucky.

5) Read the guides I suppose, and maybe forting gears. Best way to do is ignoring.

6) Yeah, sounds about right if you're playing in lower bracket.

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: Need help with tons of questions :3

Thanks that was quick. What is this daily quest fortune bag again? Are those the quests from the blinking sign on the left of our mail button?

Also with forting, do people generally go with MFIs or SS/mallets? and what stats is best for a wiz? +crit rate or crit damage?

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:53 pm
I can't add much, but on #1, If you max out the rep, there ARE yellow titles that the altars give. Some may be helpful, some not. So far with my Demonologist, I've stuck with the Roaring Maw title (+10% crit and mcrit).

I don't do pvp myself, but I wanted to say sorry that you ran into people like that. I don't care enough about pvp to put up with that, but if I did, I'd just ignore them.

The daily quests are from the blinking thumbs up next to the mini map, above the mail button, yes.

With forting, you can generally get by with SS until +9, then need MFIs after that. You don't want failures after +9 because the item will disappear, which is why people use the MFIs. For wizard, you'll want to get m-crit, not just crit. From what I understand, the best stones to get are the +8% mcrit damage stones, but those are VERY expensive now, since they were taken out of the oclay table. Sad

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:10 pm
whoeverxwins wrote:
I can't add much, but on #1, If you max out the rep, there ARE yellow titles that the altars give. Some may be helpful, some not. So far with my Demonologist, I've stuck with the Roaring Maw title (+10% crit and mcrit).

I don't do pvp myself, but I wanted to say sorry that you ran into people like that. I don't care enough about pvp to put up with that, but if I did, I'd just ignore them.

The daily quests are from the blinking thumbs up next to the mini map, above the mail button, yes.

With forting, you can generally get by with SS until +9, then need MFIs after that. You don't want failures after +9 because the item will disappear, which is why people use the MFIs. For wizard, you'll want to get m-crit, not just crit. From what I understand, the best stones to get are the +8% mcrit damage stones, but those are VERY expensive now, since they were taken out of the oclay table. Sad  

Thank you, I couldn't find the title lists from the wiki, guess it hasn't been updated for awhile.

Yeah it's no big deal, tbh i kinda expected it to be like that Very Happy its quite an old game so most people probably just assume everyone is pro and they get cranky when they get a noob on their team lol.

Yes I meant the mcrit. So would you think its better to stack on mcrit rate or damage in general?

sIink

Rank 4
sIink
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:52 pm
GSEnglish's Grand Fantasia's Master Link List is probably one of the most under-used yet great resources you will find. Included there are a few threads regarding titles, including this helpful list.

Welcome to GF ^.^

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:47 pm
Sprite altar rep is a good thing to have if you dont have alot of gold because they give access to great sprite comstumes and crafting benches. Some give unnecessary items so checking which altars give what on the wiki will save you alot of time.

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:51 pm
sIink wrote:
GSEnglish's Grand Fantasia's Master Link List is probably one of the most under-used yet great resources you will find. Included there are a few threads regarding titles, including this helpful list.

Welcome to GF ^.^  

Thank you that is indeed helpful =)

elite_noobie

Rank 0
elite_noobie
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:59 pm
TheDiseased2 wrote:
Sprite altar rep is a good thing to have if you dont have alot of gold because they give access to great sprite comstumes and crafting benches. Some give unnecessary items so checking which altars give what on the wiki will save you alot of time.  

Yep thanks, been looking around and working on the land of sighs afro (100% to reflect 35% damage). Is that decent enough? I have several sprite costumes like phantom mask, wig and that china hat. But I think ill sell them for now and just use the afro for the time being.

Mind giving some advise on the pvp/arena side of things too? like what should a wiz focus on, mcrit rate or damage? Can a 50 yellow staff hold up until 70? What kind of skill combo does people generally use?

Lol sorry for the many questions, just interested to see what the older players are doing instead of going blind with my own take.

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:14 am
elite_noobie wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

Yep thanks, been looking around and working on the land of sighs afro (100% to reflect 35% damage). Is that decent enough? I have several sprite costumes like phantom mask, wig and that china hat. But I think ill sell them for now and just use the afro for the time being.

Mind giving some advise on the pvp/arena side of things too? like what should a wiz focus on, mcrit rate or damage? Can a 50 yellow staff hold up until 70? What kind of skill combo does people generally use?

Lol sorry for the many questions, just interested to see what the older players are doing instead of going blind with my own take.  

No land of sighs altar doesnt give anything really good. Grassland altar gives -10% phys damage recieved, theres one that gives +7% phys damage basically you want ones that make you do more damage/take less damage, reflection doesnt really help

50 staff is a great staff that, if fortified a bit, can hold up good until 70. As a wiz focus more on mcrit damage, wizzies are class cannons at this level and should value damage over crit rate and besides 50 staff gives you all the crit rate you need Smile. For leveling up until being an AM use ice arrow ( fast cast ) as well as your usual mob control skills. For pvp you will want to be buffing your cast speed alot and use frens will meter to increase your damage even more.