lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedDec 03, 2012 8:33 am
Not necessarily, Yilette. Shaiya and Scarlet Blade are two VERY different games in two completely opposite ends of the development spectrum.

Shaiya has been with Aeria Games for years now, SB hasn't even released yet. It is impossible to know how the cash shop will be implemented, in regards to what items will be on there, or what direction the team will take in marketing and supporting the game.
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:26 pm
Naduron1 wrote:
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:
LivePlex has made sure that even tho you don't want to use single coin on the game so can you still gain everything from the cashshop thru the Auction House if you have enough gold to buy it.
So they have no reason to sell the Hair, makeup, change skin color and etc for money... LivePlex would add those content for free.  

In my experience, every f2p game I've played allowed you to get item mall items through other means such as purchasing them with gold from players, so I don't quite see any value in your statement. Yes, LivePlex has a reason to sell cosmetics, the same reason they sell anything else, it generates cash flow for their company.  

This ain't Vindictus, nothing costs money on the character creation...  

I never said that the only option to sell cosmetics would be through the character creation screen...

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:04 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:
LivePlex has made sure that even tho you don't want to use single coin on the game so can you still gain everything from the cashshop thru the Auction House if you have enough gold to buy it.
So they have no reason to sell the Hair, makeup, change skin color and etc for money... LivePlex would add those content for free.  

In my experience, every f2p game I've played allowed you to get item mall items through other means such as purchasing them with gold from players, so I don't quite see any value in your statement. Yes, LivePlex has a reason to sell cosmetics, the same reason they sell anything else, it generates cash flow for their company.  

This ain't Vindictus, nothing costs money on the character creation...  

I never said that the only option to sell cosmetics would be through the character creation screen...  

You can only change the look of your character during the character creation.
So.. if Aeria is going to sell "cosmetics" so would it be thru the character creation..

By; secxkitten

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:37 pm
Naduron1 wrote:
So.. if Aeria is going to sell "cosmetics" so would it be thru the character creation..  

Yes, currently this is the only way to change your character's look. This does not mean it will always be that way. I don't think you've played many f2p game. Neutral

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:53 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:

Yes, currently this is the only way to change your character's look. This does not mean it will always be that way. I don't think you've played many f2p game. Neutral  

QB is not like the other F2P's...
Stop comparing it to the other games.

If LivePlex added Cosmetics tab to the Costume/Vanity window so would those items be added to the Cube.
And all items from the Cube can be sold to the Auction House cause they ain't "bind on pickup".
So that all players on the server can buy those items.

So if Aeria is going to **** up the economy, then sure go ahead and kill it.. -.-

By; secxkitten

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedDec 03, 2012 8:24 pm
Naduron1 wrote:

I disagree. The basics of QB are very similar to those of other f2p games, at least when comparing them to all other f2p games I've played, especially Aeria's. QB is of the f2p category, so I will compare it to other games in it's category.

Naduron1 wrote:
If LivePlex added Cosmetics tab to the Costume/Vanity window so would those items be added to the Cube.
And all items from the Cube can be sold to the Auction House cause they ain't "bind on pickup".

Correct, if it is done that way. Keyword: if.

Naduron1 wrote:
So if Aeria is going to **** up the economy, then sure go ahead and kill it.. -.-  

How exactly does that mess up the game's economy vs all other item mall items?

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 03, 2012 9:10 pm
Yilette wrote:
Avyn wrote:
I also know for certain that there are in-game drops in Shaiya that Aeria specifically requested the developers to remove from the drop table so that they could be sold for AP instead.  

Lovely. What sort of item were they?

Incidentally, since Tactics also seems to be making changes to Shaiya, any new changes there might hint at the direction of SB's implementation.  

Early on it was just a few items like single ress runes, 3 hour contis (needed for UM mode), Capes and Helmets (They argued that they had to make an income off gear somehow, since shaiya wasn't a costumed game, so helmets/capes were their cut). They also cut lapis that are used to link helmets.

That pretty much lasted until Ep5. (2010)

In Ep5, they shifted to selling the entire sets for AP. They also removed a lapis known as Absorption Lapis Lv7, that they started selling for AP in Ep6. They also removed Helm Lapis Lv2 a week after Ep5 was released.

Halfway through Ep5, we had another dungeon/gear update with a new set. We don't know what exactly happened, but 2 months into that content, the drop pools literally disappeared on that gear/dungeon. All that was still dropping were the gloves. Shortly before this occured, AGE released a AP version of this gear. To this day that content has not been fixed.

After this, there was an entire patch that was supposed to be introduced, enhancing our enhancement options by combining. That programmed is axed, and the benefit from it (all parts of it) are being sold AP only.

In Ep6, they removed half of the 70 set and sold it for AP exclusively (previously to this, the gear was at least pseudo-available in game. After the 77 Gear was put up for sale, they reintroduced the quests for the gear they just sold for AP. The 77 Set still is missing its in game Pants/Helm/Walkers, exclusive only to AP. They also removed Absorption 8, and are selling it for AP only too.

In other words, progressively they've taken more and more out of the game.

Tactics is a AGE money maker. If he can encourage spending, he will do so while trying to tick off as few consumers are possible. He has yet to prove in any game he's managed that any priority rivals that one. (He was also EE's managing PM).

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:05 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:

I disagree. The basics of QB are very similar to those of other f2p games, at least when comparing them to all other f2p games I've played, especially Aeria's. QB is of the f2p category, so I will compare it to other games in it's category.

Naduron1 wrote:

Correct, if it is done that way. Keyword: if.

Naduron1 wrote:

How exactly does that mess up the game's economy vs all other item mall items?  

Like i said, stop comparing QB to other games or you will **** up the economy.

There is only one way to gain gold in QB and that is by selling items from Cashshop to the Auction House.
If Aeria is changing the Cashshop or making the items BoP or removing the Cube so will the economy crash and nobody will have afford to do anything in the game.
I'm not joking, the economy in this game is built on people using the Cube.

I can give you a test how how hard it is to gain gold in this game without using the Cube:
- Grinding mobs in PvP Zone for 1 hours: 3 gold
The mobs doesn't drop anything and if you are lucky to get a enchant stone which are worth 10silver to 3 gold... gratz.
- Doing daily quest: 6 quests gives 40silver each.
- "Story" chain-quest gives 10-20 gold each level

Doesn't seem so bad right? But this is how mutch everything costs in this game:
Teleport: 30 silver
100x Pots: 2 Gold
Club: 1 Gold
VIP: 5 Gold
Enchanting: 20-35 Gold.
Adding Bonus Stats: 25 Gold

Just getting 100 Gold without using the Cube is **** hard and it can take many days just to get to that amount.
And fully upgrade the gears can cost up to 1000 Gold and more.

While using the Cube and selling it to the Auction House so can i get from 30 Gold to 4400 Gold.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Naduron1 wrote:
irrelevant stuff  

You did not answer my question, and have traveled far from the original topic of our discussion to one I am not interested in.

On a side note, I play QB KR too, and "I" will not be messing any of the economy up because "I" do not work for or are associated with Aeria.

/le spoon

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:40 pm   Last edited by lestat_anil on Dec 03, 2012 10:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Btw Nadu, how is her comparing SB to other f2p games Aeria hosts different from you constantly comparing SB to TERA?

Unless Aeria completely makes the game pay to win, I fail to see how they could truly "screw up the economy" so to speak. Tactics is pretty good when it comes to keeping things balanced, from what I experienced on Eden Eternal as both a GS and a player under his management.

However, I do fail to see how the addition of a cosmetic item in to the item mall is cause for such serious reactions and arguments/discussions about a theoretical economy that doesn't even exist yet. Players love individuality regarding character appearance, why not market to that?