Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedDec 03, 2012 3:35 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
They've added more options since the initial testing phases of QB, so it's possible, whether it be through character creation and/or the item mall.  

LivePlex has made sure that even tho you don't want to use single coin on the game so can you still gain everything from the cashshop thru the Auction House if you have enough gold to buy it.
So they have no reason to sell the Hair, makeup, change skin color and etc for money... LivePlex would add those content for free.

By; secxkitten
Advertisement

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:07 am
Just because LivePlex would add them for free doesn't mean Aeria would.

joranger

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
joranger
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:08 am
Naduron1 wrote:
for free.  

That's the good thing in this game, you can become OP too if you can farm a LOT of money

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:37 am
lestat_anil wrote:
Just because LivePlex would add them for free doesn't mean Aeria would.  

That is called greedy.

That's the good thing in this game, you can become OP too if you can farm a LOT of money  

Yeah

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedDec 03, 2012 5:51 am
Naduron1 wrote:
LivePlex has made sure that even tho you don't want to use single coin on the game so can you still gain everything from the cashshop thru the Auction House if you have enough gold to buy it.
So they have no reason to sell the Hair, makeup, change skin color and etc for money... LivePlex would add those content for free.  

In my experience, every f2p game I've played allowed you to get item mall items through other means such as purchasing them with gold from players, so I don't quite see any value in your statement. Yes, LivePlex has a reason to sell cosmetics, the same reason they sell anything else, it generates cash flow for their company.

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:11 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:

In my experience, every f2p game I've played allowed you to get item mall items through other means such as purchasing them with gold from players, so I don't quite see any value in your statement. Yes, LivePlex has a reason to sell cosmetics, the same reason they sell anything else, it generates cash flow for their company.  

This ain't Vindictus, nothing costs money on the character creation...

By; secxkitten

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:38 am
Naduron1 wrote:
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
They've added more options since the initial testing phases of QB, so it's possible, whether it be through character creation and/or the item mall.  

Pretty much any item sold for Aeria Points is able to be traded for in game currency. It's a major staple of the F2P economy. Since only a small fraction of the community buys AP, the game absolutely relies on that small fraction supplying the rest of the community with goods.

Why would Aeria make these items available for free in game when they can sell them to AP buyers who will in turn sell them to non-AP buyers? It's the same end result on the free player's end, but one way earns both Aeria and AP buyers more income.

Also, I can't speak for Scarlet Blade or most of Aeria's games, but I know for certain that both Shaiya and Grand Fantasia sell character cosmetics like additional hairstyles and colours for cash. I also know for certain that there are in-game drops in Shaiya that Aeria specifically requested the developers to remove from the drop table so that they could be sold for AP instead.

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:54 am
Avyn wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:
TheNinjaKitten wrote:

Pretty much any item sold for Aeria Points is able to be traded for in game currency. It's a major staple of the F2P economy. Since only a small fraction of the community buys AP, the game absolutely relies on that small fraction supplying the rest of the community with goods.

Why would Aeria make these items available for free in game when they can sell them to AP buyers who will in turn sell them to non-AP buyers? It's the same end result on the free player's end, but one way earns both Aeria and AP buyers more income.

Also, I can't speak for Scarlet Blade or most of Aeria's games, but I know for certain that both Shaiya and Grand Fantasia sell character cosmetics like additional hairstyles and colours for cash. I also know for certain that there are in-game drops in Shaiya that Aeria specifically requested the developers to remove from the drop table so that they could be sold for AP instead.  

So you are saying that Aeria won't copy the cashshop that the Korean are using?

Ah... let me guess.. it will be like this?:

If you want to use more then 1 character so must you buy with AP to unlock another character slot..
or we are forced to use AP if we are going to use red hair color? ... -.-
Or maybe even worse, making all items from cashshop BoP so the economy will crash.

Yilette

Rank 0
Yilette
PostedDec 03, 2012 7:16 am
Avyn wrote:
I also know for certain that there are in-game drops in Shaiya that Aeria specifically requested the developers to remove from the drop table so that they could be sold for AP instead.  

Lovely. What sort of item were they?

Incidentally, since Tactics also seems to be making changes to Shaiya, any new changes there might hint at the direction of SB's implementation.

UrinKun

Rank 0
UrinKun
PostedDec 03, 2012 8:10 am
joranger wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:
for free.  

And lost you social life