AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:49 pm
KageSama wrote:
Making any type of major alteration (depending on the contract aeria has with the korean company running the show) Could take months or could be unlikely to occur. The dungeon idea is plausible but given the amount of time it would take to implement there still needs to be a short term solution. It is up to the players to decide if they want to steamroll or fight on a decent par. The mentality of the gamers in this day in age doesn't really play well. With the setting that a lot of the recent mmorpgs have set up. Two factions is a nightmare. Three to five is always ideal. That goes back to major alterations which isnt a short term solution. As for chasing people breaking the ToS Aeria doesn't exactly have the manpower to spare like it once did. They are spread very thin.  

well considering the graphical issues during cb do you really expect that there are players that will pvp with 2 clients running? just seems horribly far fetched though i agree its possible...

however i did suggest before that it be only counting the players in the area that are counted for the buff/debuff reward/penalties. this would be comparibly easier to implement rahter than a dungeon scenario.

Advertisement

4SuperSayin4

Rank 0
4SuperSayin4
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:51 pm

RvR

Realm vs Realm is a great way for each fraction to test there skills. Haveing a cap as to how meny people can join a faction i would suggest haveing some kind of counter .. say..

Useing the FB likes a estimated 6000+ intend to play this game.. Can have 60 members in a lvl 4 guildthere could be upto 100 guilds and there are 6 castles (atm) ..i think there should be cap every 180-360 people..say if Dione side gets 180 ppl over the Eos farction, Dione must wait till Eos gets at least 90 more ppl ... if u create a way for guilds to change fraction's thats upto 3-6 full guilds.....

Or something like that !! ^.-

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:53 pm
xolotlx wrote:
My only issues where that the game design makes it so people have no idea when rvr is going on or when the next one is, it seems something like a war should be clear and people should have have some interface where they can see the statistics for war, when the next one will be and if there is one going on at the moment...

Also, Eos clearly got the short end of the stick not only by numbers but our town Evene didn't even have a teleporter, which made it annoying for people after wars or even getting attack's through Halland quickly.

My last issue was the glory points, it seems like that system will eventually make pvp less fun because your going to have players more worried about there glory points than actually winning the fight, I would get 500 glory points in the first 30 mins of war and the last 30 mins I would be back at 0 through death penalties, whats going to keep people from just leaving when they see they are losing the points? probably nothing...

My only suggestion towards the glory points is to make a more advanced system of rewarding them, after a war there should be a screen which says all the kills your force got, who killed the most, there deaths ect. and on that screen everyone should get some glory points based on there rank during that war, this way even if you lost all your points due to death penalties there's a reward for staying.

Finally, my suggestion to even out the forces if it's too unbalanced is to buff the winning force based on consecutive wins, for example if a force wins war 2 times in a row they get a buff that only activates in reumon during war which can give them something like -10% attack/magic attack -10% def/mdef +25% glory pts earned and have this "buff" multiply every consecutive win, this will make it very hard to win war consecutively but at least the winning force doesn't get punished completely due to the glory points being higher for playing on a harder difficulty essentially...  

i agree with 95% of that i just think the debuff is too harsh but i do realise this was just an example

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: RvR

4SuperSayin4 wrote:
Realm vs Realm is a great way for each fraction to test there skills. Haveing a cap as to how meny people can join a faction i would suggest haveing some kind of counter .. say..

Useing the FB likes a estimated 6000+ intend to play this game.. Can have 60 members in a lvl 4 guildthere could be upto 100 guilds and there are 6 castles (atm) ..i think there should be cap every 180-360 people..say if Dione side gets 180 ppl over the Eos farction, Dione must wait till Eos gets at least 90 more ppl ... if u create a way for guilds to change fraction's thats upto 3-6 full guilds.....

Or something like that !! ^.-  

so you would stop the battle because there are not enough of one side?

i dont see that flying with a lot of players.

i dont remember seeing the correct amount of players that attended cb but im guessing it was around 1500-2000 and RvR on average youd get would be less than 150 players all together at one time.. not saying its a bad plan but maybe out scaled

xyayatx

Rank 0
xyayatx
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:16 pm
are they same PvP & RvR? sory im still new Confused

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:46 pm
xyayatx wrote:

PvP means anything Player vs Player

RvR means Realm vs Realm(a.k.a Camp in DKO)

RvR is a type of PvP by definition so to answer your question yes they are the same thing

RvR just means a group of players from one realm against a group of players from the opposing realm.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedDec 03, 2012 3:42 am
People are really getting into giving feedback on this area, really enjoying the way it looks on Facebook, there is a lot of hype there. Hopefully it will prove helpful when compiling into that list of needed implementations Very Happy

xyayatx

Rank 0
xyayatx
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:13 am
AweClaw wrote:
xyayatx wrote:

PvP means anything Player vs Player

RvR means Realm vs Realm(a.k.a Camp in DKO)

RvR is a type of PvP by definition so to answer your question yes they are the same thing

RvR just means a group of players from one realm against a group of players from the opposing realm.  

owh.. its like group PvP yea.. thanks for the info Very Happy
cant wait for the OBT

Eniskuo

Rank 1
Eniskuo
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:32 am
copied from an earlier post

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1819953

it has always been in any game when it comes to pvp people will camp. During the Reumon battles most people just camped at the end of the bridges making the pvp boring. Only a few times did people work together and join in the center to wait for the opposing sides push to the top. Not only would i like to see the RvR battles last for only 30 minutes and given every 2 or 3 hours I would like some changes to make it more fun and competitive.

Implement in game mechanics that would benefit the pvp experience.

Ex:
-If stagnant on a bridge or entrance for a given time you get ported to town or some other area or areas.
-Implement some kind of debuff that would hurt the campers forcing them to back away and allowing the opposing side to enter and have a chance.
-Create a beneficial buff for the losing side if the control gets lower than 25% which would entice them to engage in battle.
-Set up portals so sides may enter in different outlying areas with in the castles.

Great suggestion by MPure

A way to switch realms as a guild for balance purposes, or at least a way for a gm to move one upon request. Disbanding and re-making isn't a viable option once we have guild levels/contribution to consider.

RedivivusPopuli

Rank 1
RedivivusPopuli
PostedDec 03, 2012 9:19 am
why all this noob debuff story,if somebody conquer the Ruemon why should they got debuff? O_o