AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:02 pm
Hi Ebil, i was in the Eos faction and partook in sevral RvR wars and yes we were out numbered especially in the final week.

Heres my suggestion: implement a debuff for every member of the faction that has the majority over a certain percentage say there is a percent threshold of 10% and 1 faction has 1100 and the other has 900 you 'punish' the major faction for being more than 10% more than the minority faction that makes it 2.2% over the threshold this should be debuffed from the majority factions stats.
this would be my first preference although i realise it is rather harsh

the capping suggestion would be my second preference although unfair to those that want to RvR and arrive late.

although i just now had a brainwave.... you could put a cap for both factions and for however many each surpasses it, it debuffs them. say the cap is 100 for both factions and F1 has 120 then an appropriate penalty should be implemented so as to create more equality even if F2 has 110 players they still get the penalty for the 10 extra they have this way i believe it can be more fair. dang... or even buff for everyone under 100 to make it more fair if one faction isnt online due to timezones etc (as some guilds like to recruit local players to their cause so time zone does have a part)
Advertisement

KageSama

Rank 2
KageSama
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:53 pm
Sorry, but there's a flaw with the buff system. I learned this very well from playing raiderz. Whats to stop people from just getting alts to 20 to clog up a realm to make it so they can get a buff on the opposing realm? This system of buffing does not work. People will just afk alts or do what they have to do in order to get an advantage. The only real way to make a realm vs realm system work is to try and monitor/regulate the number of active participants. Is it a lot of work? Absolutely.... Trying to throw a band aide on something that needs stitches just doesn't work boys and girls. Now if a faction was to get outnumbered hard. Doing some in game events for the faction that is at a disadvantage might help the situation as well. Just never blatantly put in a buff system though. As for the situation with the bridge camping. In open beta will all four paths be opened up? If they are there would be little need to make the start of a bridge a debuff zone since there is four entry points for attack.

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:21 pm
KageSama wrote:
Sorry, but there's a flaw with the buff system. I learned this very well from playing raiderz. Whats to stop people from just getting alts to 20 to clog up a realm to make it so they can get a buff on the opposing realm? This system of buffing does not work. People will just afk alts or do what they have to do in order to get an advantage. The only real way to make a realm vs realm system work is to try and monitor/regulate the number of active participants. Is it a lot of work? Absolutely.... Trying to throw a band aide on something that needs stitches just doesn't work boys and girls. Now if a faction was to get outnumbered hard. Doing some in game events for the faction that is at a disadvantage might help the situation as well. Just never blatantly put in a buff system though. As for the situation with the bridge camping. In open beta will all four paths be opened up? If they are there would be little need to make the start of a bridge a debuff zone since there is four entry points for attack.  

sorry but all i saw in your post was detructive comments do you have any actual solutions other than capping the ammount of players involved?
because this will not be good for the game and wont fix the imbalance problems in RvR.
if you say people will create another account just to have idle to buff them then... how many people actually have two computers at their diposal to do such a thing?
why not just buff/debuff the ones in a certain area instead then?

an entire camp debuff is rather harsh and impractical i must say... there has to be a solution that doesnt limit playablity, the mmo market is too competitive to even consider this...

KageSama

Rank 2
KageSama
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:54 pm
There are ways to run clients without having more than one pc. Thing is cb had limited numbers. Now if we are in this situation a month after ob that would be an entirely different story. I don't know what kinda numbers we had to play with in total for the rvrs. But, the pvp community felt like a fraction. Heck there were people getting to lvl 35 who had no clue that they could join a faction. I'd like to take a wait and see approach before we start trying methods that can be exploited horribly to tip the scale of an event. Although, I'd like for that event to have meaning as well. Not sure what the ruemon buff actually did, and know that the rvr rank ups did zero as well. So, hopefully with purpose will come more pvpers which inturn will make each realm have a decent number of combatants. You want a real solution? The real solution is at the end of the day the community is responsible for the balancing of realms. Not aeria, not the devs, but the players as a whole. People don't like to hear that though.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:07 pm
KageSama wrote:
There are ways to run clients without having more than one pc. Thing is cb had limited numbers. Now if we are in this situation a month after ob that would be an entirely different story. I don't know what kinda numbers we had to play with in total for the rvrs. But, the pvp community felt like a fraction. Heck there were people getting to lvl 35 who had no clue that they could join a faction. I'd like to take a wait and see approach before we start trying methods that can be exploited horribly to tip the scale of an event. Although, I'd like for that event to have meaning as well. Not sure what the ruemon buff actually did, and know that the rvr rank ups did zero as well. So, hopefully with purpose will come more pvpers which inturn will make each realm have a decent number of combatants. You want a real solution? The real solution is at the end of the day the community is responsible for the balancing of realms. Not aeria, not the devs, but the players as a whole. People don't like to hear that though.  

This ^

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:27 pm
running more than one client would require a third party software... last time i checked thats against the ToS and is a ban worth offence.

agreed there was lack of sense of reward and infact the rewards i think did nothing anyway...
i do however know that the EOS was out numbered as a faction. i appealed to the entire faction to come and help us quite a few times but i dont think it did anything.

i think it was the amount of (active)guilds in dione that ultimatly decided the ruemon battles.

To say its to the players to correct is out of left feild its like putting a cat in an avory and then blaming the cat for eatting the inhabitants players will join the side that appears stronger out of selfpride/greed/survival instinct or just for the buffs to even think they would want to be on the losing side is no offence... nieve.

Maybe it is a wait and see, i mean some players from CB along with their guilds wont return for OB... however unfortunate that may be it does present an opportunity to rebalance the realms/camps... theres also no solid proof its the realm unbalance that is at fault, a lot of players from both factions did not attend for many reasons even though they were online.

So kage would you say turning Ruemon into a dungeon to regulate the balance of RvR would work?
i think it could... but not without feeling like it is against the flow of the game.
it would also reduce the numbers that desire to go there i think for it to be a successful part of the game it needs to stay open...

feedback plz ^_^

KageSama

Rank 2
KageSama
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:35 pm
Making any type of major alteration (depending on the contract aeria has with the korean company running the show) Could take months or could be unlikely to occur. The dungeon idea is plausible but given the amount of time it would take to implement there still needs to be a short term solution. It is up to the players to decide if they want to steamroll or fight on a decent par. The mentality of the gamers in this day in age doesn't really play well. With the setting that a lot of the recent mmorpgs have set up. Two factions is a nightmare. Three to five is always ideal. That goes back to major alterations which isnt a short term solution. As for chasing people breaking the ToS Aeria doesn't exactly have the manpower to spare like it once did. They are spread very thin.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:38 pm
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1812501

There is also some Feedback here from Mid-Way through the Realm vs. Realm fights.

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:40 pm
coduxs wrote:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1812501

There is also some Feedback here from Mid-Way through the Realm vs. Realm fights.  

lol id already read that before i wrote my last post out

xolotlx

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:46 pm
My only issues where that the game design makes it so people have no idea when rvr is going on or when the next one is, it seems something like a war should be clear and people should have have some interface where they can see the statistics for war, when the next one will be and if there is one going on at the moment...

Also, Eos clearly got the short end of the stick not only by numbers but our town Evene didn't even have a teleporter, which made it annoying for people after wars or even getting attack's through Halland quickly.

My last issue was the glory points, it seems like that system will eventually make pvp less fun because your going to have players more worried about there glory points than actually winning the fight, I would get 500 glory points in the first 30 mins of war and the last 30 mins I would be back at 0 through death penalties, whats going to keep people from just leaving when they see they are losing the points? probably nothing...

My only suggestion towards the glory points is to make a more advanced system of rewarding them, after a war there should be a screen which says all the kills your force got, who killed the most, there deaths ect. and on that screen everyone should get some glory points based on there rank during that war, this way even if you lost all your points due to death penalties there's a reward for staying.

Finally, my suggestion to even out the forces if it's too unbalanced is to buff the winning force based on consecutive wins, for example if a force wins war 2 times in a row they get a buff that only activates in reumon during war which can give them something like -10% attack/magic attack -10% def/mdef +25% glory pts earned and have this "buff" multiply every consecutive win, this will make it very hard to win war consecutively but at least the winning force doesn't get punished completely due to the glory points being higher for playing on a harder difficulty essentially...