gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedDec 02, 2012 5:24 pm   Last edited by gmebilfish on Dec 12, 2012 11:39 am. Edited 5 times in total

[Feedback] Realm vs Realm

Alo!

Thank you everyone for providing great feedbacks, suggestions, likes and dislikes on the classes you had played during Closed Beta.

Now, let’s hear about Realm vs. Realm (RvR).

For me, I had the great pleasure of joining and experiencing RvR on my alt character with no GM power (yes, no GM power!) and noticed how quickly one realm is at a major disadvantage in regards with the numbers of participate. You may agree or disagree with me, but it be great if the side that is outnumbering the other would be capped until the difference aren’t so great.

Again, on the last RvR before the CB ended, Dione outnumbers Eos to the point where Dione has completely pushed Eos back and started camping on Eos’ Bridge. Now where the fun in that? I say bridges should have some kind of debuff affect when camping on the opposing side. Yay? Ne? Those are the two major things I wanted change.

What about you? Likes? Dislike? Suggestion?

Please remember to keep all feedback constructive and specific to RvR. Your feedback is very important to us.

Realm vs. Realm Feedback
-More RvR zones
-Realm Buff
-Time length
-Numbers of battle
-Hide Campfire
-More factions
-Battle announcement/ clock
-Teleporter for Evene Town
-Modify Glory Point
-Stagnant on Bridge will be ported
-Capping number of entries
-Debuff on bridge
-Easy way for Guilds to switch side
-Incentive to fight

V
Advertisement

shichrishi

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 5:45 pm
entice players with rankings RvR .. There is some kind every 10 wins a bonus to use for the kingdom which he won (10 wins) for a certain time or hours of play .. else because from what I've seen the participation deigli Eos is almost nothing (even though it was CB) .. in a nutshell implement a ranking prizes Wink

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedDec 02, 2012 6:04 pm
[What i like]
1) RvR mean 2 side people that can kill eachother, that is one of the 2 great forms of PvP.

[What i dislike]
1) RvR is utilizable only into a tiny part of the DKO world;
2) You can't kill the other realm freely;

[What i want improved]
1) Once you choose a Realm, you can freely PvP against the other realm, whenever the map zone is, without incour into death penality, exp loss or whatever;
2) When you kill an enemy realm player you gain reputation points;
3) If it's not already in the game, hide the enemy player name (like was into another game i used to play).
4) Change the name format of the enemy realm that will be something like "NameFaction Soldier" (Example "Eos Soldier" or "Dione Soldier") for everyone, instead of add the ranks.

[What i would add]
What i said on the "What i want improved" section plus the following points:
1) Add more RvR zones that give bonuses;
2) Add a sort of Realm Relic somewhere in the map for each realm with the name of the realms (Example "Eos Relic" and "Dione Relic"). The zone must be fortified with some guards and something similar to a really little castle, so people can also assault the enemy relic. The relic will give some Exp/Drop bonus or something that can make the interests of the players to do it.
3) Add Realm buffs for each realm. Each character will have a special realm buff that differ from the other classes on the same realm and obviously the other realm will have something other.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedDec 02, 2012 6:22 pm
Like every other Aeria game that is published the population will diminish quite steadily. Not too sure how great the developers are for DKO but if they're anything like KH may as well not post feedback as they are horrific when it comes to implementing patches.

I'd like to see a buff to the side that is a disadvantage of participation so that there is some incentive for those on the smaller side to even join. Obviously there's a lot to take in account for the buff and how to administrate it so that it's fair and/or balanced.

However, like other MMORPG's we could add a buff at the beginning of each RvR to the losing faction say give 5% damage and health. This gives the typical losing faction a chance at pulling through.

dan.rockx

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Lag and locked movement

The biggest problem is the lag, there is also the issue of the locked and long animations of all characters. If you want to be good in pvp then you need gear at this point there is no kiting involved or skill in character maneuvers due to the locked skill animations and for the mages cast times plus animations. I think for this game to go anywhere in the pvp it needs to remake its base and add classes like assassins and archers that will assist in damage

dvj381

Rank 0
dvj381
PostedDec 02, 2012 6:47 pm
Realm versus Realm is the main focus of Dark Age of Camelot. The storyline revolves around what happens after the death of King Arthur, and his united kingdom falling apart (in this fantasy setting). Albion, Hibernia, and Midgard are in a three way war against each other and constantly war for control of powerful relics, keeps and towers, and even control of the entrance to Darkness Falls.

make it so we have something to fight for Darkness Falls goes to the realm with the most keeps owned keeps/Castle and make it so you can siege it at anytime

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedDec 02, 2012 7:05 pm
Make RVR half as long, but twice as often. As you say, it turns into a camp fest at the bridge once the winning side has pushed them back.

A way to switch realms as a guild for balance purposes, or at least a way for a gm to move one upon request. Disbanding and re-making isn't a viable option once we have guild levels/contribution to consider.

Also, is there any chance of more clarification on what the buff actually does? A more descriptive mouse-over of it would be nice.

Calamityxz

Rank 0
Calamityxz
PostedDec 02, 2012 7:08 pm
>hide npc/monsters

people are spamming campfires and the game starts lagging

>hide enemy/people

every mmo ive played has one except this, helps a lot esp in huge wars

Renren245

Rank 1
Renren245
PostedDec 02, 2012 7:48 pm
Having unbalanced RvR is almost a given whit only 2 factions, it's just to easy to stack a nation and newcommers will be drawn to the stronger nation making the problem even worst.

Idealy you would have wanted to have 3 factions instead of 2 so that if one faction is too strong atless the 2 others can gang up on it, since it's to late for that the best you can do now is somesort of auto balancing by either capping how much bigger a nation can be compared to another or give somesort of bonus for joining the underdog faction.

RedivivusPopuli

Rank 1
RedivivusPopuli
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:01 pm
make 4 factions let them make alliances,that faction what own the Ruemon can't make alliance done. 3 v 1