sabishioni

Rank 0
sabishioni
PostedDec 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Economic Crash

Only the players can stop the economy of shaiya from ruining Gameplay.
Hey guys, I'm sure people are sick of seeing these posts. And I can understand. My characters on shaiya are diverse and many. But since I have come back to shaiya I have seen one thing. The economic conditions in game is strangling game-play. Now I bring this up because I have an idea.

Okay bare with me please.

So my idea is as simple as this.

We the players should make an economic oversight committee. Cant rely on the GM's to fix problems. Especially ones the players cause, and continue to make greater.

I have tried in game asking Guild leaders to join me in this. But their responses have been lukewarm at the best. So I need to ask the rest. I belong Light side, and i know people blame the economic issues on the Fury. But I think this is bull. They have the same Auction House as us. They pay the same 4.3 billion gold for an Operators Exclusive.

No we players NEED to try and rectify this. We buy the items at the inflated prices. BUT if the masses stop purchasing them. (RADICAL IDEA) Stop feeding the people who raise prices to make money. Yes I understand that some of the items are NEEDED, but most aren't. Look at the game and ask your self. If things are this bad how much longer do you think people will put up with this.. Shaiya is dying, it's up to US the players, to make a difference.

Thank you. (steps off soap box)
Advertisement

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedDec 02, 2012 12:43 pm
The problem is, there will always be people that will buy at high prices, even if you managed to persuade the community the problem are gold spammers, they dupe gold and stay at ah all day and refresh, when they see normal priced item they buy it.

Resellers also do that but when they buy it they put it on their inflated price so people have to buy.Believe me i have faced this when i was selling DWH's on AH.

Besides, if you lvl to 80 and get 79 wep you can farm oi with ease and you can sell crafts 2:1 op ratio and shrewds 3:1 which is not bad if you ask me.Also there are tokens for 7's which usualy go for 3 ops each, life even 4-5.

There are manny ways to farm in game for those who want.

sabishioni

Rank 0
sabishioni
PostedDec 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Sad but True.

Response to the post i guess.
Yeah trust me i understand. But, no one can level to 80. (unless they can pay for plvl) VR as I'm sure you realize is Hard. Light side pvp honestly is sub par most of the time. Leaving the grinders to die. So getting to 80 isn't as easy as you'd think. I farm stiggy and do oi and token for the items i need to lvl PED PID charms and stones.

But to the main issue... My idea of the oversight committee is this. The prices would be set. And like any social norms, if someone tried to go beyond that they'd either be ignored, or people who can pay that much buy it. It's about accountability bud.

Every person needs to stop giving in to the idea that they have no say. THE PLAYERS set the prices, by buying the items. No one will like this but... there needs to be a group like the government's. Set to keep people from price gouging. It needs ot happen. Some people always try and ruin for everyone else just for the fun of it.

SerpentGem

Rank 0
SerpentGem
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Re: Economic Crash

sabishioni wrote:
Hey guys, I'm sure people are sick of seeing these posts. And I can understand. My characters on shaiya are diverse and many. But since I have come back to shaiya I have seen one thing. The economic conditions in game is strangling game-play. Now I bring this up because I have an idea.

We the players should make an economic oversight committee. Cant rely on the GM's to fix problems. Especially ones the players cause, and continue to make greater.

I have tried in game asking Guild leaders to join me in this. But their responses have been lukewarm at the best. So I need to ask the rest. I belong Light side, and i know people blame the economic issues on the Fury. But I think this is bull. They have the same Auction House as us. They pay the same 4.3 billion gold for an Operators Exclusive.

No we players NEED to try and rectify this. We buy the items at the inflated prices. BUT if the masses stop purchasing them. (RADICAL IDEA) Stop feeding the people who raise prices to make money. Yes I understand that some of the items are NEEDED, but most aren't. Look at the game and ask your self. If things are this bad how much longer do you think people will put up with this.. Shaiya is dying, it's up to US the players, to make a difference.

+10000
I had been spending average of couple hundred a month on game but never got much out of it (linking failures,ect.). I am no longer spending that,I dont see the point anymore. I know there is many that spend way more and to each his own, this is just my personal choice. I have been playing Shaiya for little over a year now and things have changed DRAMATICALY since that time. I love and hate Shaiya both at same time. Crying or Very sad This game has went from addiction to habit to just stupidity for me to play. I am not poor but I am not rich and the conditions of the economy in Shaiya (among other things) is killing it. I still play tho cause I have good Guild with good people in it and I will be there for them till the end,and the end is coming unless alot of things change. People are leaving game everyday,tired of way things are and giving up. Constant fighting in Tradechat,ect. I hope things get better for everyone in game and it becomes worth playing again. Crying or Very sad

sabishioni

Rank 0
sabishioni
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Economic Crash

SerpentGem wrote:
sabishioni wrote:

+10000
I had been spending average of couple hundred a month on game but never got much out of it (linking failures,ect.). I am no longer spending that,I dont see the point anymore. I know there is many that spend way more and to each his own, this is just my personal choice. I have been playing Shaiya for little over a year now and things have changed DRAMATICALY since that time. I love and hate Shaiya both at same time. Crying or Very sad This game has went from addiction to habit to just stupidity for me to play. I am not poor but I am not rich and the conditions of the economy in Shaiya (among other things) is killing it. I still play tho cause I have good Guild with good people in it and I will be there for them till the end,and the end is coming unless alot of things change. People are leaving game everyday,tired of way things are and giving up. Constant fighting in Tradechat,ect. I hope things get better for everyone in game and it becomes worth playing again. Crying or Very sad  

SerpentGem, Trust me it exactly the same for me. I love my guild and i love my friends. I only stay for them. Usually there is nothing to do as cant farm or grind, ubers have all plaves 51+ blocked. Its horrible trying to lvl. And the reason i am trying to start this is because i feel the same I need to keep the game going for my friends.

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:17 pm
There was something like that a few years ago, called the Shaiya Merchant Guild, it failed. It was an effort done by the GSes and some other players at the time. It was a noble idea but failed. This would also follow the same direction. I'm not saying its a bad idea but given history of things these days... it would fail before it began.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:22 pm
AP Cards.

sabishioni

Rank 0
sabishioni
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Yeah...

es Lyyran I understand. But... That vvas then this is novv. Can vve really let Shaiya go dovvn in flames? I mean i love my guild like family I cant...

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Yeah...

sabishioni wrote:
es Lyyran I understand. But... That vvas then this is novv. Can vve really let Shaiya go dovvn in flames? I mean i love my guild like family I cant...  

That's why you should take your guildies with you to another game...
Very Happy

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:35 pm
Look let me lay this out 100% straight for you people that keep posting on the same idea that "things can get better" ....

NO, they cannot! EVER!!!!

It would take a complete re-code of the whole economic system of the game and then a complete restart of the game to make this happen. NO GOING TO HAPPEN.

You say, "but, but, but... if we could just get people to not buy at this price, or sell at this price"
I say this, for some people the fun in this game is making other people suffer, it is true in real life and very true in this game, some people THRIVE on knowing they have hurt, disrupted, damaged others game play and when a post like this one happens they see they effected their real life too.

Examples---

• What Evo did at the beginning of Phoenix server (I dunno if they still are or not)
  • The idiots that purposefully stacked the items on top of the WH's in the game to keep people from accessing them.
  • What Evo did on Gaia.
  • This idiot in this thread whose post HERE was deleted to prevent flamage.
  • Well "known" people creating alt accounts to purposefully scam others.
  • Back when I played, certain toons from a certain group of guilds on Lailah would all stand on top of the Blacksmith and WH in AH to make it hard to access them.
  • People taking advantage of certain items introduced by AGE to extort large amounts of gold from them.

Need I go on? I could.. As long as people play this game that find it fun to torment others and make others game play bad to make them feel better then there is NO fix for this game, NONE.

Find a new game that prevents this from happening.