v3tisx

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 12:14 am

Hai new around here :)

I'm a new player and want some advice
Hello my names Justin I'm 15 years old and I have been playing video games
Since I was about 7ish? I use to competitively play a hunter in wow (I was best in server for a bit with the hunter and a warrior too), I normally love To play single dps classes lots damage crit builds in linage 2 I went down the theif class route or what it was called (ran or co ran a guild in that which controlled all the leveling and gear spots )which is funny because I tend to do that in every game but in Rohan I'm Playing as a priest I'm planing on going Down the green classes and a bit of orange and a bit of blue, maybe Templar too. Just wanted to get I know people introduce myself and also ask a few questions, Anyways getting a little carried away I plan on playing on the sapphire sever, and would like to ask a few qeutions 1 does this game have a very competitive pvp system and is the community very social? Can the green classes do well in dungeons and so on? Would you reccomend a different class for me? Are the dungeons hard, is it hard to level get gear do you need skill to do the dungeons ect. Any easy ways to get gold or should I save it all up spend money on skills or not. How dependent is gear? Is this another one of those pay2win games? And any advice or tips you may have.
If you read this far you deserve a cookie so hear you go (O.o)>o take it :3 you deserve it
And sorry for the grammar mistakes/ dullness of this post it's late so I'm tired and really sick thanks <3
Advertisement

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:08 am
More info about info about classesnhere.

About the community here has some trolls but half of us are helpful too, yet the normal PvP is really imbalanced here, i means it can be really competitive. Once you get to higher levels, this game can be REALLY gear dependent, yet this isn't a pay to play game but you need some "exclusive stuff that is paid" to top up. But you can survive in this game without spending ANY money. There are two type of Dungeon modes, unlimited and normal. Unlimited is the hard one, the one where you'll need a party, but on limited it's easier and you are able to solo it since the monsters and boss' level are the same as in field mobs.

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedDec 02, 2012 1:36 am
Hello! ^^

PvP in Eden Eternal is quite intense, in my opinion. We currently have Territory Wars, guild vs guild, 3v3 arena, Monster Battle Arena, and 10v10 arena for those lv60+. I definitely won't say there's a lack of PvP. Dungeons get progressively harder as you go through the game, but really the dungeons aren't as hard as trials, which are harder versions of dungeons that yield much better drops. We also have a peer channel, a world chat channel, zone, say, guild, couple and battlefield, so there are lots of ways to communicate, and the community here is never lacking in sociability.

Gold really isn't that needed for skills. Some skills such as "Cure" for healing classes should be leveled, but skills such as "Revive" are not necessary. Each colour branch of classes gets a set of skills(so cleric, bard, shaman and sage get the same set of general skills) that need money to be upgraded. However, within each branch you have different class skills that can be leveled with CP, which you can acquire through killing monsters.

When you start out in this game, you get to chose between two classes, Warrior or Mage. Don't worry about the starting class too much, because at lv5 you can freely switch between these classes, and as you level those, you unlock other classes as well.

I would also like to link this big post of links that might be helpful to you. Also, if you do chose to start on Sapphire, I'm [GS]Lixy, so you can come to me with any questions ^^

Klonoa00

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 2:22 am
Hi there Justin, Welcome aboard!

I'll help shed a bit of light on your questions~

1. does this game have a very competitive pvp system?
-Pvp is a staple of Eden Eternal o/ Like they said theres several pvp arenas available for people to join in. Participating in these arenas will net you Honor Stars and Crystal cross medals amongst various other prizes. Aside from that theirs alot of pvp emphasis for guilds too. Guilds participate in territory wars for land control and theirs also a Guild Elimination where the top guilds duke it out.

2. is the community very social?
-Yes! Theres tons of different chat channels to talk in, a Couples system, In game housing with the ability to host parties and invite people over. an amazing guild system that allows you to have your own guild town. And events hosted by some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet, The GS/Gm Team!

3. Are the dungeons hard? Can the green classes do well in dungeons and so on? Would you reccomend a different class for me?

-In EE, Dungeons come in 3 flavors: Unlimited, Trials and limited. Limited dungeons can be done twice a day and are easier scaled down versions of Unlimited. These should be easy for you to do alone or with a friend or two. Unlimited dungeons are more challenging and usually require a skilled player of every role to do. A healer, A tank, Some dps. and other support. These provide higher experience and more drops. And Trials are harder versions of previous dungeons with alot of good rare drops! That being said. Any class can do Limited dungeons easily, although some faster than others. You'll be fine with whatever you choose to play, and the beauty of eden eternal is that you can play any class at any time as long as you've unlocked them so dont feel restricted!

4. is it hard to level get gear do you need skill to do the dungeons ect. Any easy ways to get gold or should I save it all up spend money on skills or not. How dependent is gear?
-Leveling isn't too hard, The early levels around 1-30 should be a breeze. But the higher you get the longer it takes. Just enjoy it and dont overwork yoursel! As for getting gear. You dont have to worry too much about it as quests will give you competent gear to choose from for classes you want to specialize in. Giving you something to work with until you save up gold for crating or buying stronger better items. Money can be made in lots of different ways, Doing your limited dungeons twice a day and selling the drops is a great example of an easy way to make money.

5.Is this another one of those pay2win games?

Eden Eternal I couldn't really call as pay 2 win like other games. And heres why.

The items you pay for are mostly fashion.

All fashion provide the same stats. based on the type of fashion item it is.

White (Normal) fashion has no stats.

Alpha (Green) fashion has stats

Blue (Prime) Fashion has higher stats.

Now for example a prime hat fashion provides -5% mp costs. Every prime hat gives exactly the same stats. So once you can save gold to buy even a cheap one you Dont need to get any other hat to have better stats.

On a side note theres no way to purchase in game currency with AP. So any profit you make by selling stuff you bought with ap does not increase the amount of gold available in game. All gold comes from the hard earned work players put into the server~

6. And any advice or tips you may have.

My best advice is to join a friendly guild! They will show you the ropes and help you get settled in~ If you're on sapphire feel free to poke me. My IGN is Racthos, and my main Class is green o/

yunni006

Rank 3
yunni006
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:18 am
c: just wanted to say welcome and yea we are pretty social and cool to hand out with .. thought i play on diamond but yea LOL.

W E L C O M E and enjoy your time on Eden Eternal !

If you ever need a signature/avatar for your forum account, feel free to request in here

v3tisx

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 12:40 pm
Wow you guys reply fast thanks for everything Very Happy and one more thing is there any plugins/add-ons for this game?

Klonoa00

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 7:57 pm
No plugins/addons i can think of but you cold try Aeria Ignite. You get a free item a day from it's Daily loot chest. o/

ShAd0wMaGe

Rank 1
ShAd0wMaGe
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:58 pm
i recommend grand fantasia

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:05 pm
The PvP is very competitive although maybe a bit unbalanced. This game is pretty gear dependent, and the difference between good gear and great gear is pretty large. There's large scale wars every day for control over different areas of the game (which provides the victorious Guilds with gold and another sort of prize which you can determine the value of yourself later on). There's Guild vs Guild elimination tournaments every weekend among top ranked Guilds. There are nearly hourly Arena sign-ups and three different subcategories of Arenas. And if you want to challenge somebody one on one, you are allowed to do so outside of dungeons, designated PvP battlefields, and non-PvP areas by offering a duel request.

As for social, finding a Guild is usually good for that. If you are ever feeling lonely, you can always visit Aven on channel 1; it's packed.

All classes are useful in dungeons. Tanks and healers are necessary, and all sorts of DPS are needed since different bosses have different weaknesses. If you strike at these weaknesses (measured by a "Break Point Gauge") and deplete the boss's BP Gauge, it will drop more items of higher rarity.

All classes can be good; mostly the gear and experience determines effectiveness. Hunter is good at single target dps and has the ability to block healing for a short time (very dangerous for healers in PvP). Engineer is the best early game farming class starting from level 30 being able to spam its AoE skill Oil Bomb very, very quickly. As you get up to higher levels, different farming classes catch up to the effectiveness of Engineer and perhaps surpass it, but it remains one of the easiest classes to farm with. Ranger is a top-notch PvP class with excellent control over the flow of battle. It also has high damage output in PvE, but is somewhat lacking with AoE. Melee dps tend to hit harder than Range dps, but they need to get up close and personal. Magic dps tend to hit [significantly] harder than anything else, but they lack bulk of either Range dps or Melee dps (especially since many Melee dps classes are viable with Shield usage). Templar has great survival ability, but tends to have trouble holding aggro in dungeons. As such, people prefer Knight or Warrior for tanking dungeons and Templars for PvP (since they can do high burst damage easily).

Depends on how you get gold. If you are good at merching items, it's easy. If you prefer to grind, it's decent, but takes time and patience. If you buy AP, it's pretty easy to get lots of gold fast. This isn't a pay to win game, though. It's easier if you pay, but regular grinding at later levels lets you generate all the gold you need to buy top gear at a reasonable pace; you just have to be a bit patient.

Whether you should spend gold on a skill or not is up to you. I suggest not leveling Prevention for healer classes, though. Provoke and Cure are must-level skills if you are tanking or healing respectively.

My best advice is to try out different classes and see what's best for you.

The play style of physical dps classes will change as you level. At first, it is best to try and spam skills while allowing an autoattack in between skill usages. At later levels, notably level 65, it can be seen that Atk Speed increases in importance and usefulness, so it changes to mainly autoattacking with key skill usage or buffing in between. However, a powerful skill spamming build is also totally viable, especially if you are using AoE to clear mobs faster.

drpepperx7

Rank 0
drpepperx7
PostedDec 06, 2012 9:21 pm

hey dood.

yea eden is a decent mmo, it's very colorful, and pleasing if you're the sort that likes anime.

choose whatever class you would like, you can switch at any time, and will be pushed to level as many classes as you can.

as far as the pay2win thing, it is edens only flaw, it is very much so built around milking as much cash as possible from the players.

if you haven't try'd raiderz yet, i would recommend checking that out.

i personally started playing pso2,
and then finally got into the wizardry beta...
i...am ...OBSESSED with wizardry!

well, enjoy your eden adventure =-D
and be sure to let me know if you need anything.

________ IAMERROR ________