Lights705

Rank 1
Lights705
PostedDec 01, 2012 8:47 pm   Last edited by Lights705 on Dec 04, 2012 10:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Progress Updates =)

A place to discuss progress
Hello everyone, Im Lights ^_^ Now im not sure if there's another thread about this or not so I've decided to make my own hoping we can get some answers Smile

Now it's been a while since I've actually seen a GM talk about Scarlet Blade, well maybeh not a while but it sure feels like when you're waiting for beta's like these to become active so we can play/test the games.

So my question is to anybody who knows (most likely GM's/PM's or maybe even some GS's) that know a certain length of time we have to keep waiting for this game heh I know the staff is working their hardest and my question is NOT to make them hurry up or open the beta quicker, because then they might miss something in the game and it could effect all of us.

I do however wish to know the status of SB and what the team is currently working on time to time just so it gives us (some) insight into things like" Oh yeah they are almost done the translations thats awesome!" Or "Oh they said they were working on a bug they found with *NPC* they need to fix then finish the coding for sentinel class*...i dont know, just i believe regular (if they have time) updates of what they are currently working on would greatly help everyone here who has been so amazingly patient waiting for this awesome game to come.

I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for a GM to maybe just let us know things like that, it wouldn't have to be like super in-depth explination as to what they are doing, but just little things like " Almost done syncing voices* would be good enough, or atleast good enough for me since I cannot speak for everyone else lol...

So yeah thats my question " Can we have regular/weekly/(and if we're lucky) Daily updates as to what is going on?pretty please Very Happy! It would ease us alot.

Thanks again for taking time to read this post and if somebody already posted something like this I am very sorry I must have missed it just know I'm on your side! Razz

-Lights♥
Advertisement

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedDec 01, 2012 9:14 pm
I'm all for this idea. I think it would be nice to have a developer's blog for the community. I've seen it done for other games and it's a good way to keep customers in the loop and to make them feel included in what's going on. That way they don't lose interest in the game and forget all about it Smile

sixpack3

Rank 0
sixpack3
PostedDec 01, 2012 10:31 pm
Agree.

While the community wants a date as soon as possible and devs don't want to be pinned down to commitments that could sacrifice quality or cause people to be upset if dates are missed - it would be great to just get some sort of sense of current progress.

Weekly updates on a dev blog would be great - an occasional screenshot of stuff once translated, general comments at a high level about what's being tackled and other updates in general would help maintain the interest of the community and generate buzz that hopefully would bring new audiences in too.

Lights705

Rank 1
Lights705
PostedDec 01, 2012 10:53 pm
sixpack3 wrote:
Agree.

While the community wants a date as soon as possible and devs don't want to be pinned down to commitments that could sacrifice quality or cause people to be upset if dates are missed - it would be great to just get some sort of sense of current progress.

Weekly updates on a dev blog would be great - an occasional screenshot of stuff once translated, general comments at a high level about what's being tackled and other updates in general would help maintain the interest of the community and generate buzz that hopefully would bring new audiences in too.  

Im glad some people share the same view as me, and yes it would definately attract more players, it would show more interaction within the staff+community, and more is always better!

Sig Created by: TStarKnight

terracyrax

Rank 2
terracyrax
PostedDec 02, 2012 2:28 am
Lights705 wrote:
sixpack3 wrote:
Agree.

Im glad some people share the same view as me, and yes it would definately attract more players, it would show more interaction within the staff+community, and more is always better!  

i just came for the cookies and sexy photos of the shadowwalker ^_^. well it be cool to see what they been working on being it not easy job to do what they are.

miagatameskulo

Rank 1
miagatameskulo
PostedDec 02, 2012 2:33 am
the game have infection?????
i mean in download.

Aashmir2

Rank 3
Aashmir2
PostedDec 02, 2012 2:36 am
I am down for this. I'd like updates.

I don't want this game to end up like LO and get a Status Update every 3-4 months if that.

Yilette

Rank 0
Yilette
PostedDec 02, 2012 2:41 am
Progress updates would be very welcome. You would think it would happen more often, but I can only imagine that devs and localizers fear criticism and extra stress if things go wrong or there's a long period with no progress.

The other downside is that advertising their progress might allow a competitor to get the jump on them.

I did some Tactics stalking earlier, alongside PM'ing for SB he is also trying to fix Shaiya and Eden Eternal and getting not much sleep, which might explain why he hasn't posted since making the sentinel joke thread a couple of weeks ago.

MisleadPaws

Rank 0
MisleadPaws
PostedDec 02, 2012 3:30 am
I like the idea too! And I hope tactics gets some rest. Sad I don't want him to get sick or something, but I guess work it work >.<

Lights705

Rank 1
Lights705
PostedDec 02, 2012 3:34 am
Yilette wrote:
Progress updates would be very welcome. You would think it would happen more often, but I can only imagine that devs and localizers fear criticism and extra stress if things go wrong or there's a long period with no progress.

The other downside is that advertising their progress might allow a competitor to get the jump on them.

I did some Tactics stalking earlier, alongside PM'ing for SB he is also trying to fix Shaiya and Eden Eternal and getting not much sleep, which might explain why he hasn't posted since making the sentinel joke thread a couple of weeks ago.  

I can only imagine the stress they are under doing the types of things they do, and yeah I never really thought of the competitor thing, it makes sense =) but little things here and there would really be sweet to keep us in the loop Very Happy

Sig Created by: TStarKnight