faustmote

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

55% crit damage gun vs -45% crit damage bow

55% crit damage gun vs -45% crit damage bow
I've noticed that most lvl70ish WL are running around with a 55% crit damage gun, which doesnt make too much sense to me. I'm probably just overlooking something, so you guys tell me.

The gun in question is the Bahado's Flyhit ing Devil Gun, which gives +55% crit damage and a nice amount of hit rate (+15%). When equiped with the lvl65 axe(+100% crit) and base crit (150%), you're already sitting at 250% crit. The last 50% can easily be obtained from masteries, resonance stones, and accessories.
Adding a 55% crit gun on top seems like overkill, with no benefit other than more Vit/ str.

The bow on the other hand gives 20% evade and 45% crit damage reduction.
The evade is basically worthless to a WL, but with all the SS/DS/ and other capped crit damage WL running around the lvl70 bracket, the bow adds a much needed boost in survivability.
Advertisement

Towkay

Rank 1
Towkay
PostedDec 01, 2012 3:47 pm
It depends on situations really, most of them would have the bow and the gun but shown equipping gun at times.

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedDec 01, 2012 9:50 pm
The gun and bow should be used situational meaning if you need to tank then obviously bow but say your going up against an AM/DM you really need that extra dps (getting the extra crit damage from talents actually lowers your overall dps) since they have crit damage reduction and a fair amount of damage reduction.

Also that axe is a proc. People are building WL's around that proc so that they have a higher crit rate so when it does proc its much more beneficial (cause capped crit damage is meaningless unless you crit often) also pvp sets give -all types of crit recieved. Another bonus to using that gun is it gives decent crit damage for when the axe doesnt proc so you still do decent damage.

So in conclusion run around with bow incase you get jumped but switch to gun when you decide to start attacking. Another helpful weapon that you dont see getting used is the armoured sentinel, while it is a low level gun its proc is marvellous when it comes to tanking especially in 70 arena where WL's dont have much defense.

Rose4MVP

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Did I do a huge mistake with the gun?

Hi there,

I used the gun and added 3-8% crit stones, which in total makes it 79% crit damage. I did this because just in case the axe doesnt proc, I still do a huge crit damage. But then I saw the majority of WL use 1.5% crit chance stone instead of the 8% crit damage.

Now I regret Sad bad mistake