Author Message

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8384
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedDec 03, 2012 9:33 pm
alwaysbanned3 wrote:
ChainedOne wrote:
alwaysbanned3 wrote:
ChainedOne wrote:
Lets make shaiya P2P would fix all the problems, if it become 15 USD or shush a month like other games Wink
And all items becoming ingame.
Problem with this is just shaiya already is P2P and must expensive game in the world so why should AGE change anything  


only way a P2P system would work, would be a 100% complete restart.  


Put as I said it already P2P, just the cost of 300 USD a month insted of 15.
But if it was a P2P with 15 USD fee a month AGE would acutlly get a better income :O
Insted of scare more people away ^^  


I agree 100%, I told the great savior that I would 100% play this game @ $15-$20 a month and all in game drops... he laughed.  


If there was a monthly fee, there would have to be some way around it. Like what eve does with its Time Tokens (You buy time to play, but it comes into game in the form of tokens, which you can sell to other players who can cash it out).

Shaiya wouldn't be fun for the 90% who would never get on board with a $15 fee. And you wouldn't have fun because 90% of your pvpers would disappear.

Advertisement

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
Joined
10 Sep 2012
Posts
501
Location
United States
PostedDec 03, 2012 9:38 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
alwaysbanned3 wrote:
ChainedOne wrote:
alwaysbanned3 wrote:
ChainedOne wrote:
Lets make shaiya P2P would fix all the problems, if it become 15 USD or shush a month like other games Wink
And all items becoming ingame.
Problem with this is just shaiya already is P2P and must expensive game in the world so why should AGE change anything  


only way a P2P system would work, would be a 100% complete restart.  


Put as I said it already P2P, just the cost of 300 USD a month insted of 15.
But if it was a P2P with 15 USD fee a month AGE would acutlly get a better income :O
Insted of scare more people away ^^  


I agree 100%, I told the great savior that I would 100% play this game @ $15-$20 a month and all in game drops... he laughed.  


If there was a monthly fee, there would have to be some way around it. Like what eve does with its Time Tokens (You buy time to play, but it comes into game in the form of tokens, which you can sell to other players who can cash it out).

Shaiya wouldn't be fun for the 90% who would never get on board with a $15 fee. And you wouldn't have fun because 90% of your pvpers would disappear.  


Ohhhh on the contrary, I would welcome most of the entitled, snobbish, self important, PvPrs disappearance. Also if you took an informed poll of the playerbase I bet you are wrong about the $15 a month thing... most of them pay more then that already to suck.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8384
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedDec 03, 2012 9:57 pm
alwaysbanned3 wrote:

Ohhhh on the contrary, I would welcome most of the entitled, snobbish, self important, PvPrs disappearance. Also if you took an informed poll of the playerbase I bet you are wrong about the $15 a month thing... most of them pay more then that already to suck.  


Sigh maybe you would. I think alot wouldn't though. Pvp isn't fun when it's 10 vs 10. It's fun when it's 60 vs 60 and totally random deaths. And the game's already scared off most of the guys who would flourish in a $15 environment. Atm it's like 5% of the community paying thousands, and the other 95% paying nothing at all. That's a pretty harsh change.

yaynot

Rank 2
yaynot
Joined
30 Sep 2009
Posts
475
Location
United States
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:04 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
alwaysbanned3 wrote:
I didn't quote to help save a tree..

Say it like it is, you don't like to farm.. well me either, but what you do like is the ability to 1-2 hit your opponents. What you do like is being so OP'd that people QQ about you and log... come on just say it, that is what it is.... that is the only reason someone spends $190+ a month on a video game, ego.

Maybe that does not describe you to a "T", but a little introspection and I bet it is closer to home then you and all these other fortune 500 pocketbooks will ever admit.

There are plenty of examples of good games that thrive on an aesthetic only cash shop, the difference here is that you people with the money begged for these power items and you got them, I mean it is only good business, and now you have made it so that you are all fighting yourselves and QQing there is no one new to fight... Look in the mirror as to the reason.

Now pardon me for coming out of the box calling you a tool, but it is amazing to me that someone this far into this game that spend over $2,000 a year on it can not understand how his and his fellow spenders buying habits have killed this game.

A wise man once said "everything is good in moderation" ... seeing as you and your kind didn't get that memo, let me be the one to tell it to you.  


Never thought I'd +1 something for you.

If people refused to pay $200+ a month on a video game, F2P Service providers would have to change their business model to accomodate alot more players at a much cheaper price. Sadly greed and ego's lead to enough people buying $200, that the company sees it as a signal to raise to $300, and STILL makes a profit.  


I agree completely with you both.

Chicken Little was right, you know.

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
Joined
10 Sep 2012
Posts
501
Location
United States
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:14 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
alwaysbanned3 wrote:

Ohhhh on the contrary, I would welcome most of the entitled, snobbish, self important, PvPrs disappearance. Also if you took an informed poll of the playerbase I bet you are wrong about the $15 a month thing... most of them pay more then that already to suck.  


Sigh maybe you would. I think alot wouldn't though. Pvp isn't fun when it's 10 vs 10. It's fun when it's 60 vs 60 and totally random deaths. And the game's already scared off most of the guys who would flourish in a $15 environment. Atm it's like 5% of the community paying thousands, and the other 95% paying nothing at all. That's a pretty harsh change.  


Agreed.... The reason I do so, is that I, as stated before will NEVER play another AGE game again... no matter the title or circumstance and I know I am not alone on this stance.... I would play Shaiya again, but with Nexon publishing. They pushed to far and to often for me to ever come back to do business with them.

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
Joined
09 Nov 2009
Posts
1010
Location
Melville SK, canta land :) Canada
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:23 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoDebar wrote:
Shaiya is a great tool for teaching what modern Feudalism.

There are 2 classes of people: The Nobles and the Peasants.

The Nobles are the rich people that control every aspect of this game. They can make people's lives pleasant, if you submit to their authority, or they can make your lives miserable.

In PvP they one shot kill their enemies, and allow their obedient subjects to leach from them.
In PvE they use their generosity to bless those that subject themselves to them. For all others they crush through oppressive economics. Then there are the guilds that use a form of high taxation (they take your time in mandatory activity attendance) in the promise of a chance to better themselves.

The Peasants are the ones that do not have the wealth to play this game. They try hard, very hard to make a better life for themselves. They create great relationships with others. Establish great friendships. They work at helping one another. They try really hard to move up the ranks in the society. They are the majority of the player base, but since they don't have the wealth of the Nobles, they will always be subjected to the wills of the Nobles.

Many in the Peasant class are very happy with this game as long as they don't try to move into the Noble ranks. When they desire to move into the Noble ranks, then great pain and frustration will come into their lives until either the attain the real world wealth to play, or submit entirely to the authority of the Nobles.

This game is not a faction war - light versus dark, but more of a class war - rich versus poor.

As you play this game you will learn who the Nobles are, they are obvious in the game and in the forums.

If you are not in the Noble class before you start the game, then you will be in the Peasant class for your entire life in this game.

I am not saying the being a Peasant is a bad thing, it is just as long as you realize your class and don't have desires to change your class, then you will have a wonderful time in this game.

Feudalism still exists in the 21st century  
Well said. Very well said.  


+1 (but yes...sorry killa i love our snow so i'll keep trying

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3700
Location
Singapore
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:32 pm
Shaiya's numbers were designed to be 30vs30, that is why 10v10 pvp sucks here.

rugrog

Rank 2
rugrog
Joined
12 Jun 2008
Posts
698
Location
Ann Arbor, Michigan United States
PostedDec 04, 2012 5:45 am
LoDebar wrote:
Shaiya is a great tool for teaching what modern Feudalism.

There are 2 classes of people: The Nobles and the Peasants.
The Nobles are the rich people that control every aspect of this game. They can make people's lives pleasant, if you submit to their authority, or they can make your lives miserable.

In PvP they one shot kill their enemies, and allow their obedient subjects to leach from them.
In PvE they use their generosity to bless those that subject themselves to them. For all others they crush through oppressive economics. Then there are the guilds that use a form of high taxation (they take your time in mandatory activity attendance) in the promise of a chance to better themselves.

The Peasants are the ones that do not have the wealth to play this game. They try hard, very hard to make a better life for themselves. They create great relationships with others. Establish great friendships. They work at helping one another. They try really hard to move up the ranks in the society. They are the majority of the player base, but since they don't have the wealth of the Nobles, they will always be subjected to the wills of the Nobles.

Many in the Peasant class are very happy with this game as long as they don't try to move into the Noble ranks. When they desire to move into the Noble ranks, then great pain and frustration will come into their lives until either the attain the real world wealth to play, or submit entirely to the authority of the Nobles.

This game is not a faction war - light versus dark, but more of a class war - rich versus poor.
As you play this game you will learn who the Nobles are, they are obvious in the game and in the forums.

If you are not in the Noble class before you start the game, then you will be in the Peasant class for your entire life in this game.

I am not saying the being a Peasant is a bad thing, it is just as long as you realize your class and don't have desires to change your class, then you will have a wonderful time in this game.

Feudalism still exists in the 21st century  


+ Infinity

newox

Rank 0
Joined
18 May 2010
Posts
21
Location
France
PostedDec 04, 2012 6:00 am
rugrog wrote:
LoDebar wrote:


I am not saying the being a Peasant is a bad thing, it is just as long as you realize your class and don't have desires to change your class, then you will have a wonderful time in this game.

 


+ Infinity  



And what's if I am a Noble and want to go Peasant ?

triti

Rank 3
triti
Joined
11 Dec 2008
Posts
1101
Location
In the world of dreams Iceland
PostedDec 04, 2012 7:53 am
newox wrote:
rugrog wrote:
LoDebar wrote:


I am not saying the being a Peasant is a bad thing, it is just as long as you realize your class and don't have desires to change your class, then you will have a wonderful time in this game.

 


+ Infinity  



And what's if I am a Noble and want to go Peasant ?  


Enjoy lol ?

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: