PostedDec 01, 2012 5:09 pm
If you decide to play...go lighty....we need more of those in endgame ^.^
Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedDec 01, 2012 5:56 pm
Pumzay wrote:
I Was willing to pay a good £1000 on the game but if £1000 will not get me sorted for good that's quite disappointing.
Will i be able to get far without paying?  
I have spent a good £2000 on this game over the years, my gear (as it stands) it just above average at best for the zone i (use to) play in. I have stopped now after realizing its pointless. Farming is nigh impossible since practically everything is either monopolized by the top guild or sold for AP. The economy is shot to high heaven and nothing has been done, it is near impossible to compete without spending huge amounts of money. There are people out there who have poured so much into this game they are now unstoppable. Pvp zones are now based on mutual codes of honour simply to limit the damage the company has allowed to spiral out of control. Simply put, be prepared to spend at least 4x that to actually get anywhere in this game.

Need i mention the zone i use to play is actually the cheapest/best value zone?

The only positives i can see? The community is pretty good, at a nice basic game, easy to get to grips with, and the GM team does a good job.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Maineiac12

Rank 1
PostedDec 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: New to the game

What do you think?
Pumzay wrote:
Hello Shaiya community, I am interested in the world of "Shaiya" but i would like you to tell me what you think of the game . You can answer these questions if you like Very Happy
What is the activity like ?
How is the experience gaining on a scale of 1-10?
Can you go far in the game working by yourself ( Soloing/Party)?
What is the pvp like, is it overpowered for a certain class?
How is the shaiya community on a scale of 1-10?
Will i need to spend a mass amount of money to become powerful?
How is the in-game selling system, such as a Auction House or Bulletin Board?
How is the end-game on a scale of 1-10?  

Best advice I can give you is to leave now and find another game. This one is dying and incredibly expensive. I like many of my friends have left except to troll the forums or drop into the game to chat.

snaruwilliams

Rank 1
snaruwilliams
PostedDec 02, 2012 6:03 pm
This is a terrible game for newcomers (even old players now) unless you plan on spending hundreds of dollars per month, you will not be able to buy anything do anything or sell anything of worth. Or you can play Shaiya 24/7 so you can farm farm farm.

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:28 am
snaruwilliams wrote:
This is a terrible game for newcomers (even old players now) unless you plan on spending hundreds of dollars per month, you will not be able to buy anything do anything or sell anything of worth. Or you can play Shaiya 24/7 so you can farm farm farm.  

You cant even farm farm farm anymore.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

great_orion

Rank 1
great_orion
PostedDec 03, 2012 6:40 am

Re: New to the game

What do you think?
Pumzay wrote:
Hello Shaiya community, I am interested in the world of "Shaiya" but i would like you to tell me what you think of the game . You can answer these questions if you like Very Happy
What is the activity like ?
How is the experience gaining on a scale of 1-10?
Can you go far in the game working by yourself ( Soloing/Party)?

will tell in very short......

this game is never meant for new players who gonna start it.either have to spend something like $ 10K+ else end up being disappointed.
here is short answers for all queries with reasons why.....

What is the activity like - only pvp
(this pvp means the thing said previously with high wallet to enjoy....)

Can you go far in the game working by yourself (solo or party) - Max lvl is 54
(after lvl 54 you will come to know....
have to grind in a pvp map where a opposite fraction map will washout every one on the grinding map in just 1 hit.....
it get repeated every 2 mins or maximum 5 mins.....
max lvl is 80 but even getting lvl 60 from past months is a chuck Norris job....!!!)

it is basically uncertain......
fighter Defenders are the best and overpowered but in pvp stat gears matters. most pvpers attained something about 200+ more stat....
in pvp game like shaiya stat and gears do count a lot. if less of stat and gears will end up really badly....
this is a game swift attacker,high damage power and who can heal himself faster then the opponent.....

will say it like 5.....
some ppls are really good and nice but....
some are trollers and some are just to irritate ppls about this and that....
you will find whats a forum question asked and some ppls start discussing ranger enhancements [15]+ while other discuss about the class is over powered some will start about my guild this and that stuffs and person flaming here and there.....

those who give to the reason justifications are always ignored........lol

well honestly you got just 2 choices.......
1.) spending $ 10,000+ to get in action for pvp.....
i never said you will be ubber because you will still endup being some 200 stats less from top ranked pvper.....
by spending this much you can be competitive but not ubber like the old players......

2.) farming game drops for some 10 years to get good valued stuffs to buy gears and start pvp.....

either need to use option 1 or option 2.........else no pvp Wink

it is messy and terrible.....lot of spammer and scammers and other major problems and so on.....

2 (for new comer)

atm hardly can get easily with lvl 15 pvp zone which requires good investment as i told before......
30 pvp is also same...........good investment....
80 pvp is expensive then the rest and is really takes a long time to get lvl 80 these days...
farming stuffs at good rate starts after lvl 70......
If not competitive in gears it will be really bad and disappointing........

Wink

<br>

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedDec 03, 2012 7:24 am
tsavarite wrote:
Pumzay wrote:
I Was willing to pay a good £1000 on the game but if £1000 will not get me sorted for good that's quite disappointing.
Will i be able to get far without paying?  
You will be able to PVE, not PVP. You could get okay gear for one of the lower zones (1-15 or 20-30) for $1k, but not end game. End game gear, okay links, will cost you about 500-1000 OPs, that is about $5k-$10k, unless you do the monthly tiers, and it will reduce the cost down a little bit.  

Not true.
if i am not mistaken £1000=$1.6k and if you use paypal and set recurring at 150$ per month you get 26.25k AP.Now, you need to spend 35$ more on AP to get 30k and with 30k you can do 1 EoM=End of Month tiered.Avarege EoM now values arround 400 OP's and lets say you will do 10x EoM.That will get you atleast 4k OP's in game and with that you can buy very very uber gear for all the zones.
People say its 300$ to do EoM.Yes it is if you dont know how to spend your money Wink
For eg. i do eom with recurring and 2x 20$ ap cards i buy in game.
In 20-30 or 1-15 zone £1000 will probably set you off for good but endgame gear tends to change with every new ep.But if you are dedicated you can divide that 1k into 10 months and do EoM every month and build up your gears.

Gameplay is great if you ask me and end game pvp is also great although it could and i hope it will be better.

Just try Shaiya out and if you like it make yourself gears and if you dont ok.

About which faction to choose depends if you like challenge or to be on the winning side.
If you like challenge i'd say fury for 20-30 zone and AoL for Endgame.Idk abbout 1-15 tho

Hope this helped.

NGBanHammer

Rank 5
NGBanHammer
PostedDec 03, 2012 7:31 am
run if you have the chance

Youtube id: PvPNinjaGaidenPvP

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedDec 03, 2012 7:54 am

This here tell you why the game is falling apart.

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 03, 2012 11:09 am
Alastoreo wrote:

This here tell you why the game is falling apart.  

Exactly +1miliion

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad