likedemapples

Rank 3
likedemapples
PostedNov 30, 2012 10:09 pm

I had the name first?

[Edited: Made this post originally in a rant...I am more calm now...]

I am sure this is probably an old topic to bring up, since the server merge was a little while back... But why must I be forced to change my 4 year old in game name?...

People knew me by .Andy. That was me. That is who I am...
Advertisement

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
PostedNov 30, 2012 10:23 pm
not anymore....

WTS .Andy. name 100ops!

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedNov 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: I had the name first?

1. It was to free up names that may have been taken by players who never play/log in.
To also deal with conflicting names from players on all 4 servers. First to take it, gets it.

2. A lot of unused old accounts were deleted or closed temporarily during the merge.
I agree on what they did when they allowed the names to be altered. Some people make names and horde them, yet never really use them at all. Better to have a name in use, then hidden away, especially since we were all pretty much forced into 1 server.

-Retired.

likedemapples

Rank 3
likedemapples
PostedNov 30, 2012 11:02 pm
Just another reason to quit.
Screw Shaiya, good bye AG....
And yes I logged in and looked around...economy, still screwed...looks even more impossible for a new toon to get started without buying tons of AP.

This game may be "Free to Play" But the fact that there are players with hundred, some with thousands of OP Hammers, each worth the MAXIMUM gold a player can hold... Imagine someone who wants to just play the game...not much money to spare. occasionally can toss 20 bucks at it...They farm their butts off every time they play. They come no where being able to actually compete in PvP...
One piece of 70+ Gear....70+ OPs each?....Really? putting a full set at atleast 400 OP (or...$3200 USD) Do the monthly tiered? Even then, you will still end up spending over $1000 USD by the time you are done collecting and saving for the new gear set.

They proved they can make a separate server...(Phoenix). Why not make a server with a monthly AP cap? like...20 bucks a month maximum per account (or per debit card).

People used to be able to compete without dishing out their wallet or weekly paycheck. Those were the days...AeriaGames, maybe you should stop chasing the flow of money and realize you are going to cause this game to crash into the ground one day soon.

NGBanHammer

Rank 5
NGBanHammer
PostedNov 30, 2012 11:17 pm
there is a chance for you to get your original name back. You need to send a ticket in and see if the GM is a human or a robot.

Youtube id: PvPNinjaGaidenPvP

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedDec 01, 2012 12:21 am
NGBanHammer wrote:
there is a chance for you to get your original name back. You need to send a ticket in and see if the GM is a human or a robot.  

As NG said, it's possible to get your old name back if you send in ticket.
There been alot of examples on where this worked.
But also alot of examples where it didn't so it like 50/50..
But never hurts to try though.

sxty9

Rank 2
sxty9
PostedDec 01, 2012 12:34 am
not worth it Andy unless you are going to invest in 90k tiers

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedDec 01, 2012 12:40 am
when i sent in a ticket to get 'my' name on lailah (playing for over two years and never seen that toon online) i was told that the account (that owned that toon) was still active so they coudln't give me the name.

Seeing as the server merge is fairly new, and to get 'your' name they would have had to log in and choose it, the account is probably not inactive.

I did try to buy 'my' name but whoever owned it either wasn't selling, or never checked the forums. I did manage to pick up 'Twiggy' in the merge though Razz pity i didn't manage 'Twig'.

you are not worthy to see this signature

101tadakatsu101

Rank 2
101tadakatsu101
PostedDec 01, 2012 6:15 am
basicly you can get anybodies name through sending tickets these days. since yestaday the real CT37 discovered that one of his toons was gennamed and gms gave his name to somebody else even though all of shaiya knows who the real CT37 is. so basicly if you harras the gms long enough and talk enough BS you will get the name you want

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedDec 01, 2012 10:27 am
Don't come back, getting worse every day Razz

Loiske