xryn

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 5:43 am   Last edited by xryn on Nov 30, 2012 6:51 am. Edited 3 times in total

<Healing Pet Food> Does not work?

What happened in Peer Chat Lvl 15-29 on Diamond Server
EDIT: Video Proof of the glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I846w0yO0Q

Edit 2: Proof Chantie says she is a Game Sage:

At about 3:30 AM Mountain Time, November 30th, I thought I would bring up in peer chat that the item <Healing Pet Food> is glitched and does not function properly. I explained why I thought it was glitched: When you right click it, the cursor is supposed to change to a Key Symbol. (This is regardless of whether or not it can be used on an existing item, no?) And you you're supposed to be able to use it on a pet such as the "Battle Dog", or any other pet to increase it's durability.

However, as of 4 AM Mountain Time, November 30th, if you right click the item <Healing Pet Food>, the cursor does not become a key and nothing at all happens. This is what lead me to believe it was glitched. So I just mentioned on peer chat that it is glitched.

Soon after I did that, Player "Rifu" immediately tells me that I am wrong and that it is not glitched. "Rifu" then says that there has been a reported error with Pet Durability being glitched. I tell "Rifu" that I know this and to me is not relevant to whether or not the Pet Durability isn't working.
I struggle to explain this, and as I am trying to explain that I said that the item <Healing Pet Food> is glitched, and that I wasn't talking about Pet Durability, I am bombarded with people saying in peer chat that "Rifu is right", "Stfu", "Stop crying about it", "You're immature", and oh my personal favorite reply was from Unofficial Game Sage "Chantie" (he/she claimed he/she was a GS at least), who said, AND I QUOTE: "Anyone who thinks Rifu is wrong has an IQ of under 50".

And oh,
that is only the tip of the iceberg.

After "Chantie" stated she agreed with "Rifu" that I was wrong she said that Oh, Rifu you know so much and you are so knowledgeable and I'm glad we have you here, and she then proceeded to reward "Rifu" a supposed 2000AP for "being right".

At this point I was a little upset that nearly everyone was supporting "Rifu" and I was being shot down and made fun of, everyone saying "Oh, lets block uRyn!", "Yeah he's annoying", ETC,.

IF you think at this point anything I was caring about had to do with the stupid item then you are so wrong.

What really upset me was this: "Rifu" was wrong and everyone was supporting him/her and so was a supposed Game Sage. Also everyone was being rude and not listening to me.

I just didn't get it.

I was told by a high level guy (when I asked about how to use the Healing Pet Food, because I had no idea, not knowing it was glitched) that the way to use it was to right-click it, the cursor would become a Key and then to left-click the pet you want to use it with.

So logically I thought that since the cursor did not become a key when I right-clicked it, it was must not be working, or it must be glitched, UNLESS they disabled it or something (which I doubt).

Anyway, I tried to explain this in Diamond Server Peer Chat Lvl 15-29 (I was Lvl 27 at the time), and that was a mistake. All anyone ever said was the above quotes and worse, and no one was actually even attempting to help. Obviously this shouldn't matter because there are plenty of people like that.

But "Game Sage" Chantie wasn't only supporting "Rifu" and telling him/her that she's right and telling me that I'm wrong, she REWARDED him/her for it. (Supposedly)

A couple of things can clear this up:

When you right click the <Healing Pet Food>, is your cursor supposed to change into a key symbol?
When I tried it at that time, nothing happened. It really acted like it was glitched. From what that high level person told me I assumed it was supposed to operate like a Durability Repair Hammer.

Can you attempt to use a <Healing Pet Food> even though your pet's durability is not exactly 0? (By attempt I mean right click it and have it turn your cursor into a Key symbol, indicating it can used)
My pet's durability was 1/100, but surely that wouldn't prevent me from still using the item, even though it apparently cannot be used? And shouldn't you be able to use it on a pet even if the durability is 99/100?

Again I was not irritated about the <Healing Pet Food> not working, I was irritated that everyone was being really rude to me and supporting "Rifu" who is very likely to be wrong about the item.

I would really like to have a GM answer the last questions as a player cannot truly know what was truly intended by the developer. In this case, whether or not Right-clicking the item <Healing Pet Food> should make your cursor change into a key.

Thank you so much for reading this, I really do appreciate it.

However if you did not take the time to read it, please at least know that what happened in a nut shell is that a "GS" supported and rewarded a player for being wrong, and was being very rude to me, and honestly, deserves a demotion. (That is assuming Chantie actually was a GS or "Unofficial GS" )

Thanks for reading and please feel free to give me and others your input on the issue, and please refrain from mindless hatred, it really doesn't serve any valuable purpose.

~Ryn
Advertisement

Jueldia

Rank 0
Jueldia
PostedNov 30, 2012 5:54 am   Last edited by Jueldia on Nov 30, 2012 6:01 am. Edited 2 times in total
I'll let a GM handle your main questions... but for reference, if Chantie's name in game is [GS] Chantie, then yes... Chantie is a GS. If it doesn't have that prefix of [GS] then NO, Chantie is NOT a GS.

And Rifu is indeed wrong. People have been unable to feed their pets since the Dragon Knight patch came out around Thanksgiving. It's well-known to be so. I have no idea why anyone would claim otherwise, NOR how they could rationalize mocking someone over the SPECIFICS of a glitch. It doesn't really matter in which way it's broken, it's broken either way. >Neutral

I say don't let it bother you. And if people on Diamond are being especially rude to you, move to Sapphire. We're nicer. And we have cookies. <3

EDIT: *comforts liljj1234 for posting after her* Sorry I beatcha to the punch. ;D

liljj1234

Rank 2
liljj1234
PostedNov 30, 2012 5:57 am
Last time I checked the pet food wasn't working correctly not sure if they fixed it and 99.99% of the time you got trolled super hard

Edit:Jueldia beat me to posting D:

xryn

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 6:07 am
Jueldia wrote:
I'll let a GM handle your main questions... but for reference, if Chantie's name in game is [GS] Chantie, then yes... Chantie is a GS. If it doesn't have that prefix of [GS] then NO, Chantie is NOT a GS.

And Rifu is indeed wrong. People have been unable to feed their pets since the Dragon Knight patch came out around Thanksgiving. It's well-known to be so. I have no idea why anyone would claim otherwise, NOR how they could rationalize mocking someone over the SPECIFICS of a glitch. It doesn't really matter in which way it's broken, it's broken either way. >Neutral

I say don't let it bother you. And if people on Diamond are being especially rude to you, move to Sapphire. We're nicer. And we have cookies. <3  

Yeah, Chantie's username did not have a [GS] and her/his excuse was that she wasn't official yet. (yeah right)

And if it all just was some really elaborate trolling scheme then wow, you guys got, me, I actually thought at least a few of them were actually being serious.

I can just imagine them guild chatting and laughing, how disgusting... Maybe I will join you on Sapphire xD

liljj1234 wrote:
Last time I checked the pet food wasn't working correctly not sure if they fixed it and 99.99% of the time you got trolled super hard

Edit:Jueldia beat me to posting D:  

Oh yes I was aware of a hideious amount of trolling, but honestly I feel like "Chantie" really did think Rifu was right.

P.S. I am uploading video evidence of the glitch as I type this, I'll post in the OP, then what can they do? Razz

Racegirl

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Racegirl
PostedNov 30, 2012 6:10 am
Current GMs and GSs list Chantie is not on this list and there isn't a post of her in the GS application thread, that she applied to be one so if you took screenshots of her claiming to be one, you could report her. You can send in a ticket here.

xryn

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 6:13 am
Racegirl wrote:
Current GMs and GSs list Chantie is not on this list and there isn't a post of her in the GS application thread, that she applied to be one so if you took screenshots of her claiming to be one, you could report her. You can send in a ticket here.  

Hindsight is 20/20. :\

Edit: Asked her again in Peer chat, haha, see OP.

Merushii

Rank 3
Merushii
PostedNov 30, 2012 7:49 am
Hello, xryn!

To start off and confirm what Jueldia and liljj1234 have stated (thank you <3), yes, there is a current bug with pet food that stemmed from the recent Dragon Knight patch along with other things. You will not be able to feed your pet until this is fixed. Sorry about the inconvenience!

And as Racegirl linked, the name "Chantie" is not on the current sage list, so they are not a sage. That is GS impersonation, and could result in actions taken against their account. Please do report them.

As for the others, as you said they were disagreeing and insulting you, agreeing with this 'Rifu' character...if they were being rather nasty about it and you were able to get screenshots, please do report them as well. Not cool. ._.

xryn wrote:
After "Chantie" stated she agreed with "Rifu" that I was wrong she said that Oh, Rifu you know so much and you are so knowledgeable and I'm glad we have you here, and she then proceeded to reward "Rifu" a supposed 2000AP for "being right".  

AP can't be transfered or 'rewarded' between players... > w>;;;

I digress. Thank you for reporting this, and we hope to have pet food fixed soon! Thank you for your patience, and have a great day. ^_^

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedNov 30, 2012 9:25 am
sad to say wouldnt be the first time ive seen such actions from people on diamond
imho sapphire is much nicer on the whole

xryn

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 11:02 am
Merushii wrote:
Hello, xryn!

To start off and confirm what Jueldia and liljj1234 have stated (thank you <3), yes, there is a current bug with pet food that stemmed from the recent Dragon Knight patch along with other things. You will not be able to feed your pet until this is fixed. Sorry about the inconvenience!

And as Racegirl linked, the name "Chantie" is not on the current sage list, so they are not a sage. That is GS impersonation, and could result in actions taken against their account. Please do report them.

As for the others, as you said they were disagreeing and insulting you, agreeing with this 'Rifu' character...if they were being rather nasty about it and you were able to get screenshots, please do report them as well. Not cool. ._.

xryn wrote:

AP can't be transfered or 'rewarded' between players... > w>;;;

I digress. Thank you for reporting this, and we hope to have pet food fixed soon! Thank you for your patience, and have a great day. ^_^

Thanks for the reply ^.^

I meant to say she/he said they did and that he/she could because he/she said he/she was a Game Sage so that enabled her/him to do that.

And I can say I have officially reported Chantie for impersonating a Game Sage. I hope he/she learns his/her lesson. Hah.

GMNyago

GameMaster: USA
GMNyago
PostedNov 30, 2012 2:34 pm
As Merushii said, there has been an issue with Pet Food since the launch of Dragon Knight. We have already reported this issue to our developers and they are working to find a solution soon.

In regards to the GS Impersonator - Unless they are formally tagged and listed on the Current Sage List they are NOT part of the Eden Eternal Team. Anyone claiming to be a GS, or GM for that matter, is in heavy violation of our Terms of Service and Fair Play Rules. These instances should be properly documented and reported via Contact Us immediately.