evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:32 pm
stormcanuck19 wrote:

evilishan wrote:

Offense (I would go with this one anyway):
Ideally 41 sprite set with full masters and 50 bow/28 2x Sword/48 2x Sword wins out easily.

You needn't need to use PSW, but go Sniper 24/7 and use the sprite-made hit boosts and the PvP hit fruit. I would use Cannoneer.

Stick to either PSW or speedy scout, sniper is kind of useless once you leveled out of 40. 50 arena are against fellow rangers anyway, going to sniper is a big NO. +30% crit dmg is not worth it since you are CAPPED at crit dmg at 317% with 50 bow proc on anyway. (which procs a lot btw)

Sniper allows for the flexibility of switching to the PvP set without losing crit damage from the set. Fellow rangers are still easy to hit since they have no evasion masters till 60. See also 'Eye of Heart Bow' if not watchkeepers.^

stormcanuck19 wrote:

evilishan wrote:

Defensive:(You can be great at this in 50):
Ideally 45 PvP set/50 2 handed sword with full masters.
Most evasive you can go is Piercing Spear Warrior with Premonition 3 & Negator's instinct 2.

Why the heck would you go premonition at this level. You are sacrificing 16/20% range attack speed just for some -crit/crit dmg taken. NOT WORTH it. By no means will a ranger/ss be tanky until 75. You'll be reliant on sprite speed clothing or watchkeeper bow just to reach soft cap speed again. This build isn't effective till you reach Sharpshooter class change with the extra +attack speed from AT and party buff. Even then it's not THAT great of a build... it's good 1 on 1 sure.. but in arena where your job as a ranger is to efficiently cap crystals and eliminating threats, it's bad.  

About 16 pct attack speed and yes rangers are not tanky but due to the melee nature of 50 arena it is definetley effective. Very much worth it!

Proccing Watchkeepers is not a bad idea anyway in level 50 arena lmao, you end up proccing it for the +hit anyways.

Advertisement

stormcanuck19

Rank 2
stormcanuck19
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:59 pm
evilishan wrote:

Watchkeeper is the best against rangers not because of the hit, yes it's nice but it's main bonus that you want from it is the + attack speed it gives. Having the proc means you are immune to slow, which gives you huge advantage since your attack speed isn't crippled when you get hit by shower/slow shots.

If you're competitive and want to soft cap normal attack speed with higher skill speed and better flexibility with accessories, then you will have that 20% attack speed from quickdraw 3 man. 9k magic academy fame is not that hard to get. That's why i listed "16/20%".

<center>

| Alice/Bodor/Ponchee | Crimsonited | PhoenixAero: 8X SharpShooter | CrimsonTalon: DarkStalker |
</center>

Midnight.howl

Rank 0
Midnight.howl
PostedDec 04, 2012 3:24 am
I'm not quite understanding the debate about talents, but I plan on trying out all the suggested builds and see what works for me regardless \o/
I take it no one knows where I could find out more about the sprite made boosts? Surprised

stormcanuck19

Rank 2
stormcanuck19
PostedDec 04, 2012 5:04 pm
Yea, don't worry about the talents for now, make a ranger first then you can actually see for yourself the pros and cons of certain builds and stuff.

I'm not aware of any existing forum posts regarding about sprite made consumables, but here's a pic i just recently took for your level 50 bracket. This is just for archer apparel.

The higher boost ones you have to be at least lvl 51+ to use and offer around double yield than the pic that I posted.

<center>

| Alice/Bodor/Ponchee | Crimsonited | PhoenixAero: 8X SharpShooter | CrimsonTalon: DarkStalker |
</center>