Ponyyy

Rank 0
Ponyyy
PostedNov 29, 2012 7:57 pm
It is as simple as clearing all data linked to soldier front and then changing your computers mac address. Anyone can look up how to change their mac address because you can do it manually or you can get a program to randomly make one for you.

Advertisement

uH.TopSecret

Rank 4
uH.TopSecret
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:04 pm
Mac Address is not Hardware ID, mac address and hardware id are 2 different things.
mac address is your network id.

kotaku23

Rank 5
kotaku23
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:08 pm
Just get rid of the hackers plawks :/

husseinatwa

Rank 4
husseinatwa
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:38 pm
Proactiv wrote:
NilMonstret wrote:
Hardware banning hackers will drastically reduce the amount of customers they have and would be counter-productive to the playtime event and tiers they are currently hosting.

That being said, do not expect any hackers to be hardware banned anytime soon.  

This is pure, unadulterated nonsense. Let's keep the conspiracy theories to a minimum, okay? Hardly anyone is dumb enough to actually buy AP and then hack the game, and even if a few are that stupid, Aeria isn't going to keep them around just to make a few bucks. Especially when they are actively ruining the game. It's not smart for business.  

Lol Ikr I don't think I have ever seen a hacker who actually buys tons of ap

PhenomenNL

Rank 1
PostedNov 30, 2012 12:59 am
Let's try capital punishment?

Konvikt_

Rank 3
Konvikt_
PostedNov 30, 2012 8:44 pm
I do think hardware ban will cause them to lose money to because most of these "legit" people you guys think are so **** pro are actually hackers just playing it off good. I know you'll say "oh he doesn't hack" or "are you dumb rofl lmao he is runner up in nats" or some dumb thing like that but in the end, do you sit next to him and watch him play? Naw you don't. Anyways those people are big money spenders (hackers). Why? Becuase if they can buy a hack for a free game then they will certainly spend money to play the game.
Anyways it is a valid point but I doubt bad enough to significantly make a dent in their pockets.

Hardware ban is easy to bypass but most people don't know how to do it. IP ban is just dumb, I could change my IP in 7th grade and I'm now in my 2rd year of college.

Edit: Yea that update was dumb, it lasted at the tops 20 minutes for me until I saw a hacker. I figured it wouldn't last long anyways.