benhocgioi

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 11:33 pm

need help with tanking style

hi guys, i'm a 15 warrior and i want to be an offensive tanker. Can u guys suggest me some classes, skill build, equipments, and certificates.
i'm an Anuran and my trait is Advanture
Advertisement

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedNov 30, 2012 6:37 am
To be honest, Warrior is perfect for Anurans cause of Greatsword passive class skill (gives 10% P-ATK and M-ATK) and if you are aiming to be a DPS Warrior you should get some equipments or certs that gives Crit Rate and Accuracy (for PvP) and focus your KP on STR tree (STR > P-ATK > Bloody Attack DMG) and don't put KP on Bloody attack if you wanna save some KP, and don't forget to add a little KP on Crit and ACC.

And since you're a frog, use Greatswords once you get to level 30, since they are available starting on that level. Adventurer trait will really help on that Crit Rate, but the Anuran racial skill for Defense classes isn't actually that good though.

Kardo

Rank 1
PostedNov 30, 2012 7:11 am
If you plan to actually tank as a warrior and go offense for holding aggro/extra damage, then I would suggest keeping a shield (preferably orange) and good 1H weapon(s) in addition to a greatsword. Sometimes you just have to use a shield for survivability.

Anchaii gave some excellent advice on Warrior KP. If you like to PvP I'd highly consider the +2s Intimidate duration too.

For Knight, absolutely put 5 points into the P-Atk talent. I'd argue it's the single best talent in the game: 5 points, no pre-reqs for 10% P-Atk. Most Knights tend to go towards Evade, and offensives ones are probably getting crit rate as well.

I can't say much about offensive Templars other than you'll probably have to look for blue armor with Magic offensive stats, which is cheaper yet much more difficult and time consuming to find.

As far as Certs go, it depends. When you're using a 2H Weapon 4-Green certs is an excellent combination, especially since Green have some of the best certs around.

With 1H Weapon I'd still highly recommend Hunter Crit damage and Engi Crit rate or Hunter luck. You have some more options now. 4-Orange certs is nice, but can be difficult to do without sacrificing too much.

The Yellow Evade/Malice/Defense certs are always decent, and Warrior can use Taunt + Rapier Attack for 12% more Bloody Attack damage. Knight on the other hand uses Rapier Attack + Muscle Flexibility for 8% Judgment storm damage. You don't have to use either of these combos as they aren't spectacular, but better than 2% Str.

Personally I find it difficult to work 4-yellow certs into my Tank builds as they just don't offer enough offense for my taste. They are absolutely worth using if you're having trouble staying alive (though only if you're using a shield).

benhocgioi

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 9:09 am
thank you guys for supporting me, but can u suggest me some dugeons that i need to go to get these recomended equipment for dps warrior. One more thing, should i spend my KP on some skill that increase malice point?

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedDec 06, 2012 5:18 pm
DPS warrior does not need malics talents cause it's the complete opposite of DPS. You should go Knight if you wanna tank in DGNs (Knight can be obtained at character lvl 25, Warrior lvl 20)

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedDec 06, 2012 6:01 pm
Anchaai wrote:
DPS warrior does not need malics talents cause it's the complete opposite of DPS. You should go Knight if you wanna tank in DGNs (Knight can be obtained at character lvl 25, Warrior lvl 20)  

Knight is fine tanking with weaker DPS but at endgame knights really struggle to hold aggro, especially when AoEing mobs.

At that stage healers should be good enough to keep a 2H w arrior with decent def/parry alive. Trust me, got sick of drawing aggro from every mob on samurai, ans tanked with katana on warrior and ouch, no aggro loss or deaths. Even more efficient if yu use greatsword/axe etc whaever your racial bonus is. p.s. the awakened axe healing proc makes it really sweet for 2h tanking

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedDec 07, 2012 2:52 am
amacle12 wrote:
Anchaai wrote:

Knight is fine tanking with weaker DPS but at endgame knights really struggle to hold aggro, especially when AoEing mobs.

At that stage healers should be good enough to keep a 2H w arrior with decent def/parry alive. Trust me, got sick of drawing aggro from every mob on samurai, ans tanked with katana on warrior and ouch, no aggro loss or deaths. Even more efficient if yu use greatsword/axe etc whaever your racial bonus is. p.s. the awakened axe healing proc makes it really sweet for 2h tanking  

This is why I love using warrior on any race. xD