hhhate

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 11:53 am

FPS, Optimum settings

Say you have the NASA super computer, live with the server in your backyard, 1 ping, 200 FPS, and 1 GB DSL.

If you wanted optimum graphic settings to attain no FPS drop, at what point would your FPS start dropping with all the settings maxed. What graphic settings a needed to attain maximum graphics with no FPS drop?

Thanks.
Advertisement

Flaim2

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: FPS, Optimum settings

hhhate wrote:
Say you have the NASA super computer, live with the server in your backyard, 1 ping, 200 FPS, and 1 GB DSL.

If you wanted optimum graphic settings to attain no FPS drop, at what point would your FPS start dropping with all the settings maxed. What graphic settings a needed to attain maximum graphics with no FPS drop?

Thanks.  

i don't quite get what you're trying to ask...
with my rig i'm playing maxed out graphics besides the checkbox options in the middle coloumn without any major fps problems

hhhate

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 2:16 am
I mean, the graphics in game. The settings in game with a resolution of 800x600.

K4r98

Rank 0
K4r98
PostedNov 29, 2012 2:37 am
This are my settings... The Resolution is 800x600

I usually have 170-200 FPS but sometimes I have some noticeably FPS drops/lags so I was wondering, if it would have any effect if I turn the shadermodel and characterdetaillevel to mid or high spec. The reason I considered to raise these options to mid/high was, that I've read somewhere that a higher performance setting will improve the FPS in general and a higher character detail will smooth the animation of the playermodels and will also improve the shotregistration, but I neither could find a plausible explanation nor any proofs for this assumption. What do you think?

hhhate

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 3:02 am
THe only reason to higher the settings is to make the game look how it's meant to.

K4r98

Rank 0
K4r98
PostedNov 29, 2012 3:27 am
but the "how is meant to" are not the best settings for players who doesnt care much about graphics and who only wants the best performance without this fancy-schmancy details which you dont need if you just want to frag Wink

hhhate

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 3:35 am
There's a point where the graphics at certain levels will give you an advantage without any FPS drop.

K4r98

Rank 0
K4r98
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:00 am
Maybe.. but I need confirmation for this assumption...because from the logical point of view:
lower settings = better performance/better FPS
higher settings = better looking game, but less FPS and performance...

but as I mentioned before I have this theory about the shader and modeldetails in AVA so that:
better(higher)spec = more stable FPS
better(higher)modeldetails = better shotregister

but this just a theory I've read somewhere...so no proof at all....but I can recommend my settings to all other players who dont care about graphics...some with a good CPU and a very good GC can also remove the FPS cap in ava...

turn v-sync "off" in your nvidia-settings and turn it "on" in the ava-settings et voila: more than 200 fps are possible but not recommended if you have a bad GC like me Wink

btt: I know its not an answer to your question but I thought its a good opportunity to talk about FPS/performance in general Very Happy

Olissipo

Rank 0
Olissipo
PostedNov 29, 2012 9:34 am
All that crap about XX century screen resolutions and minimum graphics to be a "better player" are crap.

If you are a good player you will be so with almost all configurations, as long as you have as many FPS' as your screen frequency, 60 for most people.

A bigger resolution means better details and sometimes you really need those details! When the opponent is crouched on 30+ meters with a background giving him camouflage (like in Gallery map, after grenades exploded) the details really pay off...

And in some maps you can see your opponent's shadow first, and you can pre-fire.

What I wonder is how much better you play on a 120hz screen by comparing to a 60hz. Because that way you could get 120 REAL fps showed on your screen and tap your gun better.

xAtomicEgg

Rank 5
xAtomicEgg
PostedNov 29, 2012 9:59 am
Just set all your settings to High and see what happens.