denknight

Rank 0
denknight
PostedNov 28, 2012 8:18 am

Breakpoint drops and no breakpoint drops - fear cores

In limited dungeons, it shows the fear core in the non-breakpoint section but not in the breakpoint list.

Does this mean that

1) fear core will drop only if the boss is NOT broken?
2) does fear core drop in both scenario - broken and not broken?
Advertisement

MarlinAngel

Rank 0
MarlinAngel
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:13 am
Items from the non-breakpoint list ALWAYS have a chance of dropping. This doesn't necessarily mean that they will drop, but they can.
Items from the breakpoint list only have a chance of dropping when a boss has been 'broken'.

In limited dungeons you will either get one or two drops from bosses. One drop is always from the non-breakpoint list, the other is from the breakpoint list. Fear cores in limited dungeons seem to be pretty rare though, I've never seen one drop there yet. They drop a lot more frequently in trial dungeons.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

denknight

Rank 0
denknight
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:26 am
MarlinAngel wrote:
Items from the non-breakpoint list ALWAYS have a chance of dropping. This doesn't necessarily mean that they will drop, but they can.
Items from the breakpoint list only have a chance of dropping when a boss has been 'broken'.

In limited dungeons you will either get one or two drops from bosses. One drop is always from the non-breakpoint list, the other is from the breakpoint list. Fear cores in limited dungeons seem to be pretty rare though, I've never seen one drop there yet. They drop a lot more frequently in trial dungeons.

I hope that clears things up a bit.  

thanks marlin, it sure does clear up my uncertainty.

urthdigger

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 5:06 pm
I wonder if that's a similar case for killing bosses outside of dungeons. I notice their breakpoint lists are the same lists as their normal drops, minus thoughts, so I never really bothered trying to hit their weakpoint. But for double drops, might be worth it for a little extra cash.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedDec 05, 2012 6:07 pm
urthdigger wrote:
I wonder if that's a similar case for killing bosses outside of dungeons. I notice their breakpoint lists are the same lists as their normal drops, minus thoughts, so I never really bothered trying to hit their weakpoint. But for double drops, might be worth it for a little extra cash.  

Yeah it works the same for those mobs outside, works that way for all the bosses with break points kinda.