Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedDec 02, 2012 2:37 am
billdoor wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:
Short version: Stay constructive, totally ignore the trolls.  

That's all very well, and given normal circumstances, I would wholly support it. After all, it is how you expect civil exchanges of views to be carried out. The problem is that with Aeria, your breath is wasted, unless you illustrate your input with some nice graphs that show projected AP income due to your suggestions.

Now, I suggest you go a couple of pages back and check out some of the links to past posts Avyn put up. That is the sort of constructive feedback the Shaiya team was inundated with for years. In spite of that wealth of constructive feedback, precious little has happened to take the game in a positive direction since things started going downhill in 2009/2010.

The majority of the few times community input has been listened to, it has either been to satisfy those AP spenders crying for more stuff to buy so they can be more uber (never mind that the definition of "uber" in Shaiya has long since gone past the point of ridicule - players are now expected to show up in gears worth at least $1,000 of AP for PvP in lower PvP zones, else they get kicked from the raids - yay for Tactic's precious anti-discrimination policy), or the result has arrived with an AP pricetag that ensures that the mass player base hardly ever benefitted from it.

I spent 2.5 years on the Shaiya GS team. I've been an active forum users for just about all of my 4.5 years as a Shaiya player. I think I have a fair idea of how far 'constructive' posts have brought the Shaiya community. The truth is not pretty and has shown in abundance that the 'constructive' cake is a lie.  
^ this

I spent the start of my shaiya life being constructive, about a year ago i was wearing out, now i have simply given up. We are not heard, unless a fuss is made they would not even give a response, suggestions after suggestion, time after time, over and over people have been screaming about the same things and NOTHING GETS DONE. These 'trolls' are pretty much the same people that use to be constructive untill they realized Areia is not even trying.

They have the tools to make many of the suggestions a reality, so don't give me the 'only devs can do yadda yadda yadda' And if they are worried about effing up the game then they need look no further than the current game state. They could hardly make it worse.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn
Advertisement

soulidarity

Rank 3
soulidarity
PostedDec 02, 2012 6:26 am
LoveAnime27 wrote:
soulidarity wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:
soulidarity wrote:
lol you're still crying about instancing lower dungeons and "room lording"? How many years do you plan to cry about this? Playing a game and then trying to change that game into other games is silly. You didn't make sense when you posted this the first time, and you still don't make sense crying about it now. Thought by now you'd have put on your big boy pants.  

This is exactly what I'm talking about...

Cry? Silly? Big Boy pants? I mean seriously man, is this how you talk to people in real life?

I've talked to many people in game, including GSES, who think the share dungeon system is an utter mess, and I don't think it fits, pvp dungeons sure, cuz you need teamwork in those... But to do this in low level grinding dungeons? You are only asking for flames and drama, but by the tone of your post, I can see your the type of gamer who feeds on that...  

See, other people might not recall your previous topic on this, but I do quite clearly. My first responses to that other topic were polite enough with me attempting to explain to you the reasons for the design of the game, and why you shouldn't expect the game to change its core design for you simply because you liked how another game did it better.

What were my posts in your topic met with? "You don't make sense! Your reasons don't make sense!" over and over again. It annoyed me, and as you continued to troll me with this type of response, I lost my cool, and eventually lowered myself to answering your trolling with trolling of my own, until I got your topic locked.

note: for anyone that follow's Alastoreo's link below, there are several posts that were deleted towards the end, both by myself and LoveAnime, so you'll be missing a lot of the context leading up to the lock.

The fact is, you don't really know me at all. I was a GS when I played. Twice. No, they didn't remove me, I resigned on both occasions for reasons of my own. People that knew me considered me "nice" and "generous". I treated dungeons as first come first serve always. I never stole rooms from people, but if I was there first, then ya I "lorded" them until I was done. Because I didn't feel someone that came after me was entitled to have them just because he wanted what I had.

Do I talk to people like this in real life? Not really. But if they're whiners or crybabies to the degree you are, I might.

Fact is, at this point in Shaiya's life, I would actually agree with you. Most of the game's high level dungeon content is now instanced. The competitive approach to dungeons is largely gone, and the low level dungeons that you're worried about have no importance anymore. So instancing them all no longer destroys the goal the game once tried to achieve. But none of this changes the fact that your whiney approach to it annoys me.  

A whole paragraph devoted to picking me apart, for my opinion on a game, I'm done,I'd rather not take part in this if your going to use condescending remarks constantly, I really don;t care what annoys you, peoples opinions deserve to be heard, and I did nothing to you, saying something doesn't make sense is not hurting or insulting you, please climb off the high horse, I'm not a forum regular like you... I don't even play this anymore...  

stop with the passive aggressive "stop victimizing me" nonsense, already

LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:48 pm
soulidarity wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:
soulidarity wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:
soulidarity wrote:
lol you're still crying about instancing lower dungeons and "room lording"? How many years do you plan to cry about this? Playing a game and then trying to change that game into other games is silly. You didn't make sense when you posted this the first time, and you still don't make sense crying about it now. Thought by now you'd have put on your big boy pants.  

This is exactly what I'm talking about...

Cry? Silly? Big Boy pants? I mean seriously man, is this how you talk to people in real life?

I've talked to many people in game, including GSES, who think the share dungeon system is an utter mess, and I don't think it fits, pvp dungeons sure, cuz you need teamwork in those... But to do this in low level grinding dungeons? You are only asking for flames and drama, but by the tone of your post, I can see your the type of gamer who feeds on that...  

See, other people might not recall your previous topic on this, but I do quite clearly. My first responses to that other topic were polite enough with me attempting to explain to you the reasons for the design of the game, and why you shouldn't expect the game to change its core design for you simply because you liked how another game did it better.

What were my posts in your topic met with? "You don't make sense! Your reasons don't make sense!" over and over again. It annoyed me, and as you continued to troll me with this type of response, I lost my cool, and eventually lowered myself to answering your trolling with trolling of my own, until I got your topic locked.

note: for anyone that follow's Alastoreo's link below, there are several posts that were deleted towards the end, both by myself and LoveAnime, so you'll be missing a lot of the context leading up to the lock.

The fact is, you don't really know me at all. I was a GS when I played. Twice. No, they didn't remove me, I resigned on both occasions for reasons of my own. People that knew me considered me "nice" and "generous". I treated dungeons as first come first serve always. I never stole rooms from people, but if I was there first, then ya I "lorded" them until I was done. Because I didn't feel someone that came after me was entitled to have them just because he wanted what I had.

Do I talk to people like this in real life? Not really. But if they're whiners or crybabies to the degree you are, I might.

Fact is, at this point in Shaiya's life, I would actually agree with you. Most of the game's high level dungeon content is now instanced. The competitive approach to dungeons is largely gone, and the low level dungeons that you're worried about have no importance anymore. So instancing them all no longer destroys the goal the game once tried to achieve. But none of this changes the fact that your whiney approach to it annoys me.  

A whole paragraph devoted to picking me apart, for my opinion on a game, I'm done,I'd rather not take part in this if your going to use condescending remarks constantly, I really don;t care what annoys you, peoples opinions deserve to be heard, and I did nothing to you, saying something doesn't make sense is not hurting or insulting you, please climb off the high horse, I'm not a forum regular like you... I don't even play this anymore...  

stop with the passive aggressive "stop victimizing me" nonsense, already  

I'm not, your posts are overly aggressive everytime you respond its condescending and superior, not thanks I'd rather not debate someone like you on anything... You're irrational. Not trying to insult you but you don't listen to reason at all, you like the shared dungeon system why? Because its smart to share space with about 30 other people who are trying to kill the same mobs? Get real man how does that make any sense at all, and that's just one bad flaw about the shared dungeon system...

LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:50 pm
Solidarity, I want to ask you a legit question, what do you have against instanced dungeons?

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:44 pm
LoveAnime27 wrote:
Solidarity, I want to ask you a legit question, what do you have against instanced dungeons?  

It baffles me that you find grounds to call someone else illogical and without reason.

You debate like a teenage girl that just got her phone taken away, playing the victim and accusing other people of being condescending for presenting actual information instead of a long string of emotional appeals.

You're assuming that those who do not agree with your methodology are, by default, in opposition of your ideology. It's the same assumption that would brand a person a sympathizer for terrorists if he or she did not support the war effort. It's extremely closed-minded and illogical.

Moreover, it's extremely closed-minded because he already explained in vivid detail why he is opposed to instanced dungeons in Shaiya. You just refused to understand or even process a different viewpoint, claiming "I'm confused" or "you don't make sense." It's willful ignorance. Good luck with that.

soulidarity

Rank 3
soulidarity
PostedDec 03, 2012 10:31 am
LoveAnime27 wrote:

I don't really feel the need to repeat myself, so I'll just go with what Avyn said. Not to mention that I already conceded the point to you earlier in this thread (my second post, in which i said "at this point in the game's life I agree with you"), which proves that you don't actually read what anyone with a dissenting point says to you. You see disagreement and dismiss it as "a wall of aggressive mush".

Maybe you need to start by reading responses to your topic and paying attention to what's been said, so you can offer up relevant "legit questions"

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedDec 03, 2012 3:20 pm
Avyn continues to be my hero!

Just plain Beaver now.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Here for my daily dose of lols.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn