LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedNov 27, 2012 5:12 pm
Put a bunch of players in a box, with free will, and tell them to share the enemy's, does that make sense to anyone here?
Advertisement

LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedNov 27, 2012 5:14 pm
Do you know theres actually people who argue for the way the dungeons are now? I don't get these people at all, you might see some post here, but it'll probably get locked before that.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedNov 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Why do threads always get locked?

LoveAnime27 wrote:
I'm just wondering why people bring up legit topics, and questions, only to get them locked because of one poster who's calling people names or being condescending?  
I'm not going to comment on the other things that have been brought up in this thread, but this one I can comment on.
Unfortunately, some people do try and ruin things for other people. Maybe it's best to blame the people deliberately breaking the rules rather than the ones enforcing the rules.
If I park illegally I do so knowing that if a parking warden comes along I will get a ticket. There is no point getting angry with the parking warden if that happens - it was my choice to park illegally, not the parking warden's.
Same thing here. If you get a flame war starting then there is no point blaming the GM who locked the thread or the GS who brought it to the GM's attention. Blame the people who are causing the problem.

If I see people start flaming then I will most certainly send a request for the GMs to lock the thread. So will other GSs. It's part of our role.
Of course if I don't see the flaming then I can't bring the thread to the attention of the GMs - which may partly explain why some threads get locked and others don't Smile

RIP Kizzd

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedNov 27, 2012 6:34 pm

MerlinMcTav wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:
I'm just wondering why people bring up legit topics, and questions, only to get them locked because of one poster who's calling people names or being condescending?  
I'm not going to comment on the other things that have been brought up in this thread, but this one I can comment on.
Unfortunately, some people do try and ruin things for other people. Maybe it's best to blame the people deliberately breaking the rules rather than the ones enforcing the rules.
If I park illegally I do so knowing that if a parking warden comes along I will get a ticket. There is no point getting angry with the parking warden if that happens - it was my choice to park illegally, not the parking warden's.
Same thing here. If you get a flame war starting then there is no point blaming the GM who locked the thread or the GS who brought it to the GM's attention. Blame the people who are causing the problem.

If I see people start flaming then I will most certainly send a request for the GMs to lock the thread. So will other GSs. It's part of our role.
Of course if I don't see the flaming then I can't bring the thread to the attention of the GMs - which may partly explain why some threads get locked and others don't Smile  

What about simple forum posts asking questions, regarding for example Goddess PvP zone.
There get locked with no word.
Or forum posts where people voice their concern regarding the game and it's many crashes lately and other stuff like that.

Alot of those posts get locked with out a word.
Explain that too me please <3

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 27, 2012 6:53 pm

MerlinMcTav wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:

Here's my intrigue:

Why do the people "breaking rules" never get a ban? Ultimately the ones breaking rules just hop from one thread to the next, ruining everyone's threads, because there is no personal enforcement.

I'm getting to the point where I feel harassed by some of these people, but I've never really been the type to nark. Would be nice that if GM's feel the need to lock a thread, then someone should be held accountable for it too. (unless it's just an innocent thread with a bad topic ofc).

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
PostedNov 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Rekikyo wrote:
MerlinMcTav wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:

Here's my intrigue:

Why do the people "breaking rules" never get a ban? Ultimately the ones breaking rules just hop from one thread to the next, ruining everyone's threads, because there is no personal enforcement.

I'm getting to the point where I feel harassed by some of these people, but I've never really been the type to nark. Would be nice that if GM's feel the need to lock a thread, then someone should be held accountable for it too. (unless it's just an innocent thread with a bad topic ofc).  

We ALL feel harassed by you hombre.... why do you think there has been the recent backlash towards you..... nothing like the pot calling the kettle black... and as far as Piri is concerned he is on random IP's so they cannot ban him.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 27, 2012 7:04 pm

alwaysbanned3 wrote:

We ALL feel harassed by you hombre.... why do you think there has been the recent backlash towards you..... nothing like the pot calling the kettle black... and as far as Piri is concerned he is on random IP's so they cannot ban him.  

I've never went out of my way to attack another player like you and some others do. I simply point out on occasion what I see as obvious, and even that is very very rare (it usually takes 6 months of the same behavior before I call someone out on the way they act).

Most of my posts are about relevant topics, with informative drive.

I can't help that 5-6 trolls have decided I'm good entertainment for them. I will however adapt, and you won't find it as fun.

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
PostedNov 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Rekikyo wrote:
alwaysbanned3 wrote:

(it usually takes 6 months of the same behavior before I call someone out on the way they act).  

6 months... dude how many years did you post your nonsense before we and I can say WE started barking back at you? Listen I am not in the mood to Forum Rambo with you tonight, my head hurts from work today..... but when you have a PM SS a thread (or joke about doing it) just because you admitted you may be wrong in it.... that should tell you something.... You are to much for to many people. On that note, how is married life? Why no honeymoon?

P.S. you are doing better lately, good job.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedNov 27, 2012 7:22 pm
ChainedOne wrote:
What about simple forum posts asking questions, regarding for example Goddess PvP zone.
There get locked with no word.
Or forum posts where people voice their concern regarding the game and it's many crashes lately and other stuff like that.

Alot of those posts get locked with out a word.
Explain that too me please <3  
I can only address issues I have some semblance of control over - and that would be the threads I personally refer to the GMs.
The other ones that get locked will be for reasons that AGE determine are important, I cannot comment on those because I don't know the reasons.

And Verd & Amar, please stop the bickering. That sort of stuff is exactly what I'm talking about when I say I refer stuff to the GMs.

RIP Kizzd

NGBanHammer

Rank 5
NGBanHammer
PostedNov 27, 2012 8:47 pm
anything that promotes:

+ Negativity to Age and their Service
+ Player Negativity e.g. Player Ethics
+ The Truth about this game

results into a lock Very Happy

Youtube id: PvPNinjaGaidenPvP