LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedNov 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Why do threads always get locked?

I'm just wondering why people bring up legit topics, and questions, only to get them locked because of one poster who's calling people names or being condescending? That's why I don't use this forum, I know anything you post on your mind will be locked. Its kinda pointless to me, like the don't let shaiya die thread, nobody who created that thread did anything wrong, it was someone else trolling it. So why punish the original poster? I find this stuff very odd and controlling from an outside perspective. I don't play much or post much here anymore, so maybe I'm looking at this wrong but it seems threads get deleted or locked a lot. It happened to me in a couple of threads about instancing the dungeons, I was very nice and polite, didn't try to be rude to anyone, and yet it gets locked because of someone else....
Advertisement

Lando_

Rank 2
PostedNov 27, 2012 2:37 pm
IBTL Very Happy

Shaiya = Facebook with graphics

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedNov 27, 2012 2:47 pm
It is really arbitrary. Some topics that get very nasty and mean spirited with hateful personal attacks go on for weeks without a peep from a GM. Other topics with the slightest hint of something not politically correct gets locked and then deleted.

Then there are the threads that just get moved to other areas of the forums so that it gets lost in the shuffle.

Then there are the threads that hit the nerves of some of the GMs for what ever reason.

Then there are the threads that talk about the real cost of playing this game.

Sometimes these get deleted right away. Sometimes it takes a day or two to be removed.

Other times they just get locked with or without a GM comment.

Other times they stay

There is no consistency to this. It is strictly arbitrary.

LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:31 pm
LoDebar wrote:
It is really arbitrary. Some topics that get very nasty and mean spirited with hateful personal attacks go on for weeks without a peep from a GM. Other topics with the slightest hint of something not politically correct gets locked and then deleted.

Then there are the threads that just get moved to other areas of the forums so that it gets lost in the shuffle.

Then there are the threads that hit the nerves of some of the GMs for what ever reason.

Sometimes these get deleted right away. Sometimes it takes a day or two to be removed.

Other times they stay

So I can expect this one to get locked to?

Its kinda sad, I thought they wanted player feedback?

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:36 pm
IKR

I've Quite, and Have no plans on returning! さよなら。

rugrog

Rank 2
rugrog
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:41 pm
LoveAnime27 wrote:
LoDebar wrote:

Other times they stay

Only "Positive, soft and cuddily" comments allowed!

LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:41 pm
Well where can we go to voice our concerns or feedback? You send in tickets thats pointless, they never get answered, and you aren't talking to the community, just some age employee. One of the biggest problems I have with this game is the ksing and room lording that goes on in dungeons like cornwell, pharros, cloron, phantasm and AR (just to name a few). Every time I play those dungeons its the same thing, petty arguments and drama, because the devs force us to share a box space with dozens of less than nice people. I don't get it, and every time I've said anything about it here, it gets trolled and locked...

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:42 pm
rugrog wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:
LoDebar wrote:

Other times they stay

Only "Positive, soft and cuddily" comments allowed!  

not always... they took away our LOLcats... was my after work laughs...

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedNov 27, 2012 4:13 pm
LoveAnime27 wrote:
Well where can we go to voice our concerns or feedback? You send in tickets thats pointless, they never get answered, and you aren't talking to the community, just some age employee. One of the biggest problems I have with this game is the ksing and room lording that goes on in dungeons like cornwell, pharros, cloron, phantasm and AR (just to name a few). Every time I play those dungeons its the same thing, petty arguments and drama, because the devs force us to share a box space with dozens of less than nice people. I don't get it, and every time I've said anything about it here, it gets trolled and locked...  

AGE is a diktorship, them asking for feedback is only so it seem like your voice matter.
So they can keep plant seeds of false hope in the few there still believing in Shaiya got a chance to do a comeback.

LoveAnime27

Rank 0
LoveAnime27
PostedNov 27, 2012 4:37 pm
ChainedOne wrote:
LoveAnime27 wrote:

AGE is a diktorship, them asking for feedback is only so it seem like your voice matter.
So they can keep plant seeds of false hope in the few there still believing in Shaiya got a chance to do a comeback.  

I think that is an overly negative viewpoint, and no company should be like that, and I hope age isn't like that.