melal

Rank 0
melal
PostedNov 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Closed Beta questions

from a first timer
Sry in advance if another thread has this topic...

I've not yet played a beta on a game, closed or open...Really looking forward to this one. I'm wondering some things about how this works.

I assume that we proceed to create our characters and play the game the way we play a fully released mmo. But to what extent do we search out and describe glitches or irregularities for Aeria? Also, since the beta periods tend to be sort of short, should we plan on putting as much time into the game as we can right away?

Lastly, do we lose our characters once the full release happens or can we continue playing the ones we create for Beta?

Advertisement

djodjo57

Rank 5
djodjo57
PostedNov 26, 2012 7:11 pm
Scarlet blade forum will change to be like this forum http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=1408
and you will be able to say what you want

and yes, you lose your char when the game is released

Yilette

Rank 0
Yilette
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:13 pm

to what extent do we search out and describe glitches or irregularities for Aeria?  

Betas vary from game-to-game and company to company. Some are little more then glorified adverts, while others actively encourage the players to contribute to the game's development.

SB is developed by a Korean company and has been out of beta there for several months now, so most of the game-play bugs have been ironed out or identified, and our capacity to request changes is very low. Aeria will probably only need us to point out localisation issues such as typos within NPC text and mismatched voices.

The other purpose of the beta is so Aeria can test out their server hardware and make sure it won't explode when large numbers of players log on or congregate in one area. For that, all they need us to do is just play, and get involved with any events they run.

Since your characters are (usually) deleted after a closed beta it's often good to just take it easy, learn the ins and outs of the game and decide what you want to do with your first Live character (class, faction, levelling strategy etc). Of course, Aeria would like some of it's users to achieve high levels so they can test that content, but it seems to take a few months to get maxed in Korea so I doubt we will see anyone get there in CBT.

I only have limited experience with Aeria's games, but Open Beta should effectively be the Live launch, when they will open the cash shop and no longer wipe all characters. The "beta" tag just stays there for a month or so to explain away the rough edges and as a warning that things could still go horribly, horribly wrong.

patyos2

Rank 0
patyos2
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:19 pm
I have a more important question then those about the Closed Beta !!

When does it start?

Yilette

Rank 0
Yilette
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:33 pm
patyos2 wrote:

When does it start?  

That event will occur at a minor temporal displacement from the point in time at which this message was constructed.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:47 pm
patyos2 wrote:

When does it start?  

There is no estimated date yet. ^-^ My guess is early 2013.

melal

Rank 0
melal
PostedNov 27, 2012 9:29 am
Thanks Yilette Very Happy

miagatameskulo

Rank 1
miagatameskulo
PostedNov 27, 2012 1:08 pm
yes, i guess me too be closed beta and open beta in 2013 Smile
i think the closed beta hold 3 weeks??? Confused or no???

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:50 pm
Yilette wrote:

to what extent do we search out and describe glitches or irregularities for Aeria?  

Betas vary from game-to-game and company to company. Some are little more then glorified adverts, while others actively encourage the players to contribute to the game's development.

SB is developed by a Korean company and has been out of beta there for several months now, so most of the game-play bugs have been ironed out or identified, and our capacity to request changes is very low. Aeria will probably only need us to point out localisation issues such as typos within NPC text and mismatched voices.

The other purpose of the beta is so Aeria can test out their server hardware and make sure it won't explode when large numbers of players log on or congregate in one area. For that, all they need us to do is just play, and get involved with any events they run.

Since your characters are (usually) deleted after a closed beta it's often good to just take it easy, learn the ins and outs of the game and decide what you want to do with your first Live character (class, faction, levelling strategy etc). Of course, Aeria would like some of it's users to achieve high levels so they can test that content, but it seems to take a few months to get maxed in Korea so I doubt we will see anyone get there in CBT.

I only have limited experience with Aeria's games, but Open Beta should effectively be the Live launch, when they will open the cash shop and no longer wipe all characters. The "beta" tag just stays there for a month or so to explain away the rough edges and as a warning that things could still go horribly, horribly wrong.  

Well, so much for getting 6 characters that would be passed on from CB > OP > full release. If they're going to be deleted after CB ends, no point in making more than 2-3 characters. Though CB WOULD probably be a good time to learn how Defender and Medic work, only journeying into the fighting style of the other classes if I have time before CB ends.

Dynasty Warriors Online (retired): Chronos.JX1; Chariot General | Grand Fantasia: HeroChronos>Berserker (will update server when I play again) | Aura Kingdom: Chronos Notashi; Ravager/Grenadier; Chimera server