qh0

Rank 2
PostedNov 26, 2012 11:21 pm
Aznteck wrote:
LeParaNoia wrote:
1. Released GOLD ARMOR.
2. Released a few ap weapons for gold. (EG C95 SL and SZ SL, and ELWRCI SL (softnyx))
3. Basic character Special parts (Currently unreleased in aeria but out in softnyx, 17.5% body armor)
4. Gold tattoos such as crocodile, nazcra etc.
5. Started doing more gold/wc events (play time events in both softnyx and aeria)
6. ATTEMPT to patch hacks (although not always successful)  

1. Considering Softnyx cannot count and program "10%" armor or "20%" armor in the first place, that's not really a good thing. Neither is armor in general until they can efficiently balance that stuff out so it protects the amount stated and doesn't stack with multiple hit boxes. Instead of adding more and more of the broken armor, they should probably fix it first so it protects the correct amount and doesn't stack within multiple body parts.
2. Yea. Give everyone easy to use spray weapons. Totally doesn't take the skill out of the game, implying that there was any skill to play this game in the first place after the recent patches of these weapons from about 2 years ago. There is no trade off in most of these weapons anyways. They exceed better in every trait. Most games have a trade off of stats like the higher fire rate, the faster and higher the recoil or the less ammo it has, the more damage it does. But this game, all the cash weapons don't have a trade off. Especially the effective range. A normal gold weapon has an effective range while the cash weapons have a unlimited effective range. Weapons really need to be fixed a lot. Also cash snipers have 100% accuracy when you scope in. This really needs to be fixed.
3. Same as 1.
4. Same as 1.
5. Same as 2 and 1.
6. That's what they're supposed to do.  

srsly Azn its a lost cause... give it a break

u did well kid. u did well

Advertisement

LeParaNoia

Rank 0
LeParaNoia
PostedNov 27, 2012 12:48 am
qh0 wrote:
Aznteck wrote:
LeParaNoia wrote:
1. Released GOLD ARMOR.
2. Released a few ap weapons for gold. (EG C95 SL and SZ SL, and ELWRCI SL (softnyx))
3. Basic character Special parts (Currently unreleased in aeria but out in softnyx, 17.5% body armor)
5. Started doing more gold/wc events (play time events in both softnyx and aeria)

1. Considering Softnyx cannot count and program "10%" armor or "20%" armor in the first place, that's not really a good thing. Neither is armor in general until they can efficiently balance that stuff out so it protects the amount stated and doesn't stack with multiple hit boxes. Instead of adding more and more of the broken armor, they should probably fix it first so it protects the correct amount and doesn't stack within multiple body parts.
2. Yea. Give everyone easy to use spray weapons. Totally doesn't take the skill out of the game, implying that there was any skill to play this game in the first place after the recent patches of these weapons from about 2 years ago. There is no trade off in most of these weapons anyways. They exceed better in every trait. Most games have a trade off of stats like the higher fire rate, the faster and higher the recoil or the less ammo it has, the more damage it does. But this game, all the cash weapons don't have a trade off. Especially the effective range. A normal gold weapon has an effective range while the cash weapons have a unlimited effective range. Weapons really need to be fixed a lot. Also cash snipers have 100% accuracy when you scope in. This really needs to be fixed.
3. Same as 1.
4. Same as 1.
5. Same as 2 and 1.

srsly Azn its a lost cause... give it a break

u did well kid. u did well  

Huh? talking to azn or me? >~<

EN Wolfteam - LeParaNoia

LeParaNoia

Rank 0
LeParaNoia
PostedNov 27, 2012 12:58 am
Aznteck wrote:
LeParaNoia wrote:
1. Released GOLD ARMOR.

3. Same as 1.
4. Same as 1.
5. Same as 2 and 1.

Okay, yes i understand the issue about SP and SE both being 20% but a big difference in power. And i really want that sorted out as well.

Yes, but obviously cash will still be more powerful then gold. no matter what we can't argue.

They don't make money out of gold items, where they make tons out of cash item, hence they would prioritize cash and probably increase its value and power compared to gold items.

Thats the true logic of business, isn't it? Money comes first. Then the customers.

And about the hacking issues, yes they do patch it, but have you not realize that most
of the hacks that are out constantly update daily to avoid it? They might you know.

Just saying that things aren't as clear as it always seems.

EN Wolfteam - LeParaNoia

Space_Agent

Rank 3
Space_Agent
PostedNov 27, 2012 2:31 am
LeParaNoia wrote:
Aznteck wrote:
LeParaNoia wrote:
1. Released GOLD ARMOR.

3. Same as 1.
4. Same as 1.
5. Same as 2 and 1.

Okay, yes i understand the issue about SP and SE both being 20% but a big difference in power. And i really want that sorted out as well.

Yes, but obviously cash will still be more powerful then gold. no matter what we can't argue.

They don't make money out of gold items, where they make tons out of cash item, hence they would prioritize cash and probably increase its value and power compared to gold items.

Thats the true logic of business, isn't it? Money comes first. Then the customers.

And about the hacking issues, yes they do patch it, but have you not realize that most
of the hacks that are out constantly update daily to avoid it? They might you know.

"Yes, but obviously cash will still be more powerful then gold. no matter what we can't argue."
- I disagree about cash being more powerful than gold.
Take note that back then in 2009(earlier also) cash did give only some assist on playing. In that terms gold was equal to cash. Now its turned around harshly. Cash > Gold and the "balancing" idea is just f***** up.

I could easily count how the 20% armor should work on this game.

spiralkings

Rank 3
spiralkings
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:20 am
If this thread gets locked, I quit

What happened to wolfteam? every one was the fun jerk kind, Now you're all nice freaks. Go away. No one talk to me you guys disappointed me big time in my 3 days return

Aznteck

Rank 5.1
Aznteck
PostedNov 27, 2012 6:47 am   Last edited by Aznteck on Nov 27, 2012 7:40 am. Edited 3 times in total
LeParaNoia wrote:

Before this crap, the game was balanced, cash weapons were just normal weapons with better upgrades but were still balanced. There were more players. Items didn't take away the skill portion of the game but instead gave players a "slight advantage" (take note of these two words cause I'm probably going to repeat this over and over later) over the normal player. Now, all these items just take out the skill portion. The wolves were a big selling point to the game but now that they released all this broken stuff, no one even want's to play with the wolf system. It's not good if your hook is something that players want to avoid. The way they've been handling it, Softnyx has been creating half-assed items that aren't even fully functional without errors and releasing them. The armors have been bugged for over a year and there is no fix to them. Instead they just keep releasing more and more. That's not even trying to fix it. They're just releasing all this stuff cause they know there's people who depend on armor cause they can't play fairly and will pay a large sum for it. There is also no weapon balance at all. All the weapons will excel at everything. Most games have weapon balance so there wouldn't be a 50 meter range submachine gun. Plus every gun just reuses the same sound and have little to close resemblance to the actual weapons in real life.

It's really pathetic how Aeria promised :
XFire Transcript wrote:
[GS]Mark (marksteele6): does cash weapons and other cash items give any sigificant advantage over other players? Does it make the game unbalanced?

andosky: I would say no to this, and we will try to keep it this way. Some items may give players a slight advantage, but really the most important items in the game can be purchased with gold.  

Full transcript can be read here.

But now ends up translating to :
GMDropkick wrote:
AP items are designed to be superior.  

Even when they knew the armor was broken, they said they will try to fix it. Instead they just told you a bunch of lies and promises, which turn out to be lies. After some tests, the armors affect more than the body part it is assigned to and there are armors that exceed the 20% "maximum".

Let's do the math. It takes 2 shots to kill an unarmored basic character with a Scout with body shots. 1 shot takes you down to 68 HP, so that makes the base damage 132 to the body per shot, this will be our reference number for the damage that the scout does and how much reduction will do to that number. Now, what 20% body armor is theoretically supposed to do is block and reduce 20% of that damage. 132 x 20% is roughly 26 damage. So the Scout would be reduced from 132 down to 106 damage, meaning you should die within 2-3 shots still. But in reality, the armor allows you to take about a minimum of 5 shots before dying. For 5 shots to kill a 200 HP person with 20% armor, the bullet has to damage roughly between 40 to 49 damage. Now let's take the 132 base damage and calculate how much it is reduced down to 40 - 49 damage. For 132 damage to drop down to 40 - 49 damage range, it is roughly 63% to 70% in damage reductions. That's not equal to 20% in any way. The armor is blocking 3 times the amount it is supposed to be. This problem has existed for the longest of time and nothing has been done to fix this. Instead more and more of this broken stuff keeps being released. It's like they don't care about bugs and glitches, that crap can stay, they just want your money.

Back to the "slightly advantage" bit, as ando said, the items will give players a SLIGHT advantage, not an overwhelming advantage. But sure, "the most important items in the game can be purchased with gold". Yet the most extremely overpowered items are still cash.

ClevelandFamily

Rank 3
ClevelandFamily
PostedNov 27, 2012 6:48 am
Seriously you really had to make this topic... O_o you made a bad choice, now ill doom you.

Thanks to jaxsan for the awesome signature! #SUPERVIPLEADINGGS

Crowmagnon23

Rank 3
Crowmagnon23
PostedNov 27, 2012 1:31 pm
ClevelandFamily wrote:
Seriously you really had to make this topic... O_o you made a bad choice, now ill doom you.  

You realize I give literally no F@#ks about you nor does anyone else.

At least I make topics with substance.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wolfteamlegacy Offical wolfteam legacy group^

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedNov 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Really? You didn't know? Here is our business plan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

I hope that makes it all clear.

P.S. Here is our backup plan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedNov 27, 2012 2:23 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Really? You didn't know? Here is our business plan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

I hope that makes it all clear.

P.S. Here is our backup plan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat  

What's really sad is that even though I'm well aware you're not completely serious, I wouldn't be doubting if you said you were 90% serious. :c