Rank 1
annsachd
PostedNov 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: SM

Bryan.Fury wrote:
kielek117 wrote:
Nature Aspect - 45 min cooldown.That need to be reduced i think Smile  
What this skill does? I don't remember  

Increases natural regen for HP/MP. It's CD makes it pretty worthless. Anywho, a SS of said skill.

I suggest lowering it's CD to 10/15 minutes or so.

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: SM

annsachd wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
kielek117 wrote:
Nature Aspect - 45 min cooldown.That need to be reduced i think Smile  
What this skill does? I don't remember  

Increases natural regen for HP/MP. It's CD makes it pretty worthless. Anywho, a SS of said skill.

I suggest lowering it's CD to 10/15 minutes or so.  

Oops, I was conflating two different skills.

xkanux14

Rank 0
xkanux14
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:18 pm
http://dk.halgame.com/GameInfo/Class

So if we are getting the new updates and what not it looks as if Shadowmage is not going to have heals at all nor will Pally from what i seen in game they removed them so dunno whats goin on there.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 29, 2012 5:40 pm
xkanux14 wrote:

So if we are getting the new updates and what not it looks as if Shadowmage is not going to have heals at all nor will Pally from what i seen in game they removed them so dunno whats goin on there.  

I doubt our updates will be the same as KN's. We'll probably keep our healing tree, at the cost of the 5 skills we dont have. This was one of the percieved failures of KN; no healing class.

Tbh I would love if Nature Aspect becomes Summon Creature, but other than that I doubt our skills will change much except for their impact to our game.

Their Nature aspect was replaced by a 20 minute buff btw, so maybe Nature Aspect will get modded to that too.

divvsy

Rank 0
divvsy
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:17 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
xkanux14 wrote:

I doubt our updates will be the same as KN's. We'll probably keep our healing tree, at the cost of the 5 skills we dont have. This was one of the percieved failures of KN; no healing class.

Tbh I would love if Nature Aspect becomes Summon Creature, but other than that I doubt our skills will change much except for their impact to our game.

Their Nature aspect was replaced by a 20 minute buff btw, so maybe Nature Aspect will get modded to that too.  

Don't know about you. But I think we have a bit too much healing going on. I'd rather people learn, and use their heads in PvP/PvE than just rush in and go "hurf durf it's okay, I get healz".

shuyin332

Rank 0
shuyin332
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:30 pm
I think that this class as a Healer/support should have an MP regen skill, but not just for himself, it could be for all the party members and the buff on the left side should be on the right side.

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedNov 30, 2012 2:33 am
Rekikyo wrote:
xkanux14 wrote:

I surely hope not to see Shadowmage lose their support tree. I rolled the class both ways, found it much more enjoyable going full support.

I would, however, agree with making Nature's Aspect into a party buff. The buff itself has a pretty insane HP/MP tick, and would somewhat OP as a main party buff. I assume they nerfed the regen rate when made into a party buff?

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedNov 30, 2012 4:03 am
I <3 SHADOWMAGE
best class in the game played like a dream

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedNov 30, 2012 6:37 am
Thoreac wrote:
The more I think about this, the more I agree:

The primary healing class (Shadowmage) NEEDS a Heal Over Time.

Almost every MMO game I've played (certainly every one of the newest 3 or 4 MMO's I've played) have at least one, if not multiple HOT for the primary healer.

When you're working with large groups in raid-style encounters (large numbers of people with very high end MOBs or powerful PvP chars), the ability to HOT the main group and focus on your serious heals on your main tank is critical. Without that, it changes the dynamics at the high end dramatically... and others have said it better than me Smile

I can agree with this.. but they better fix heal first. Main heal have 4 second cooldown + 1 second casting, Team heal have 15 sec cooldown + 2sec casting, Critical heal has no casting and no cooldown and all these heals r strong enough to heal almost anybody to full. If they add HoT as it is.. We will be un-killable or make someone else un-killable.
I know that SM wasn't originally a healer in KR version and in fact I don't think SMs need to be only heal oriented.. but if they are going to push SM into a healer I suggest:

1. Make our main heal No Cooldown, Slightly weaker heals.
WHY: By doing so, those who choose to be a healer, can and will have to focus on healing due to weaker heals we will have to cast heals more often. Which makes us focused on healing.

2. Group heal is fine as it is, But if they reduce the over all amount of heals done, I suggest reduce its Cooldown slightly as well. If they do add HoTs into the game also, I honestly think its good as it is even if they reduce the healing amount.
WHY: If they reduce healing amount and lets say they didnt change our main heal and didnt add HoTs, It will be nearly impossible to keep up the heal for entire party alone with a heal with Cooldown that is 4 secs long, But if they do remove heal's CD and add hots, the variety of heals can make up for the lacking heal amounts and the delay between group heals. It would make healing the party more entertaining by choices of heals at the same time it wont be over powering.

3. I think it is a **** good idea to add cooldown time to Critical heal by 10-15 seconds.
WHY: If and even if they dont change the cooldown time on our Heal spell, Critical heal is INSTANT cast with no Cooldown time, which means its spamable heal that has no delay. Even tho the mana consumtion is a bit high, you cant really die and/or let anyone else die long as your paying attention and willing to use Critial Heal as main heal. A instant casting heal such as this should be emergency heal and NOT a main spamable heal.

4. Again about Group heal, I think the range of group heal should be increased.
WHY: People move around all the time and group heal have 2 seconds of casting time ( worse if add the frame times ) it is impossible to catch anybody with group heal if they are on the move.

5. It would be most interesting if they do decide to add HoTs into our trees. but if they do, please dont make it over powering.
WHY: Heal as it is now, is TOO STRONG for our HP + damage out put. without stuns and other types of interruptions, we can out heal anybody. By adding HoTs with this much Heal, I could probably tank several warriors with my eyes closed. (Heal calculation is 200% of your magic attack + skill description /// Magic damage calculation is 1/3 of your Magic attack + skill description)

6. Last but NOT least, Let our DOTS and HOTS work with % of your magic damage.
WHY: So if your weak, the spells r weak, you get stronger so will the spells. Anything and everything you do should grow as well as your growth. Nobody wants a spell that is useful at low level but when you get to high level, it is completely useless. I know when I mentioned this before someone at top just made his own assumtion saying 20% of magic attack. THAT IS NOT WHAT IM SAYING. I only asked for your DoTs(if HoTs r added then HoTs too) to have some % of your magic attack. It could be 1%, 5%, 10%... To be honest, every spell should be different. Some spells are suppose to be stronger than other spells correct?

Conclusion : I knew Healers in DKo isnt original, but since they are deciding to do it, I think they should give us a tree with a stable healing abilities. How things were was at CBT is that, SMs were killers and healers (some like my build was also main tank while healing and damaging). Heal was very overwhelming so we didn't need to focus on heal, not to mention the cooldowns on our heal gave us no choice but to attack on our cooldown times. If SM is going to be the main healers of DKo I think we need to have very steady healing abilities that wont make us too powerful so they we will only focus on healing. I noticed alot of players are asking for things that will just make SMs better BUT I would much rather ask for BALANCE. I'm not argueing that SMs cant be DD, but it really shouldnt be good DD while it still remains as good Healers. What it means is whatever side that you choose from SM builds, they should be able to focus what they choose to be good for, not stuck on both.